Vote of Confidence in Edwards

Seriously, go back and listen to the interview, TE was asked to give an answer from a fans perspective.

A 3rd grader could comprehend why Trent Edwards would answer, "I'm not a fan, you will have to ask them that question",

so why can't you?

Please feel free to provide us with any evidence of Trent liking to play for the Buffalo Bills, or even liking the city of Buffalo itself.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, go back and listen to the interview, TE was asked to give an answer from a fans perspective.

Exactly. "a fans perspective".

Are you (and Trent) saying Trent has no idea what it means to be a "fan" of something?

Well, that can't be, because Trent has stated he is an avid fan of the Dodgers.

So he knows being a "fan" carries an emotional interest in whatever you are a fan of.

In fact, during the same interview when he revealed he was a Dodger fan, he admitted he could be overly critical of them.

A 3rd grader could comprehend why Trent Edwards would answer, "I'm not a fan, you will have to ask them that question",

so why can't you?

Third graders and everybody else gets "it".

Owens got "it"

Talley got "it"

Why is it Trent and his followers do not?

Either you care about how the team performs or you don't.

If you do, you are probably a "fan". If you do not, then you are probably not a "fan".

By saying he was "not a fan", he just told everybody he does not care how the team performs.

(Bet you he cares how the Dodgers perform)

I will make this simple for you and all the others who are struggling with this concept.

It is a simple question:

Do you give a sh*t how well the Detroit Lions perform?

Exactly. "a fans perspective".

Are you (and Trent) saying Trent has no idea what it means to be a "fan" of something?

Well, that can't be, because Trent has stated he is an avid fan of the Dodgers.

So he knows being a "fan" carries an emotional interest in whatever you are a fan of.

In fact, during the same interview when he revealed he was a Dodger fan, he admitted he could be overly critical of them.

Third graders and everybody else gets "it".

Owens got "it"

Talley got "it"

Why is it Trent and his followers do not?

Either you care about how the team performs or you don't.

If you do, you are probably a "fan". If you do not, then you are probably not a "fan".

By saying he was "not a fan", he just told everybody he does not care how the team performs.

(Bet you he cares how the Dodgers perform)

I will make this simple for you and all the others who are struggling with this concept.

It is a simple question:

Do you give a sh*t how well the Detroit Lions perform?

You are picking nits.

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

Nix has NOT named the starter but said that the quarterback position was wide open to competition. The decision has not yet been made who the starter will be.

No it's not.

D. Talley said he was a player and a "fan".

Being a "fan" means giving a sh*t about the performance and outcome.

Edwards knows damn well what it means to be a fan, as he is fan of the Dodgers.

Even acknowledges he might be overly critical of them.

It was a simple question.

Amazingly enough, the same question was presented to Owens. Owens responded with "probably".

So your saying because Edwards doesn't consider himself a fan, he doesn't give a sh*t about the outcome of the game or even his performance? That is ridiculous. An athlete doesn't get as far as he has without wanting to win and being a competitor. Jim Kelly was a Steelers fan his entire life, how did that translate to playing in Buffalo? A place where he didn't even want to be, so he bolted to the USFL for the sole purpose of avoiding Buffalo. So yes it is an insignificant subject.

A football team needs leaders on the field and that typically comes from the QB position.

But, yeah, having a guy that does the minimum, punches the clock, and jets out the door at 4:58 so as not to miss his tee time is exactly that sort of guy. :lol:

Sounds more like a description of Rob Johnson not Trent Edwards. Edwards spent the entire off season last year in Buffalo working out, that doesn't sound like he was bolting out at 4:58.

I went to the Bills- Titans game last year, and I can honestly tell you Trent looked terrible, but the offensive line looked like they had their shoes tied together, they absolutely blew chunks. Before you judge my next comments, understand that i am neither a trent supporter, nor am I a detractor.

I still contend strongly that there is just no way you can judge the performance of a quarterback when the offensive coordinator was fired right before the start of the season, the offensive line play that followed, a whiny B word receiver who Trent knew he needed for force passes to to keep him happy, and a bonehead starting RB in Marshawn who decided to mail in his season.

Now if you have taped any games and can watch some of the film, look at how poorly the receivers ran routes, and how very little separation they got. It says a lot when you have only 1 receiver coming back this year. Tight ends, seriously, we have who?

After Jauron was dismissed, fitzpatrick was the benefactor in some renewed inspired play for a few games, and he got a little lucky with a few passes to said whiny B word receiver, but that faded quickly, and it became apparent to anyone not on the "I Hate JP/Trent/next qb?" bandwagon that it really doesn't matter who is under center, they WILL fail.

Trent's upside

- He has the ability to make throws when he's not running for his life

- He WAS a good decision maker when the rest of the offense was performing

Has he been ruined by the events of last year? possibly, but i think it's pisspoor to even look at anything that happened last year as a way to grade a player. He came in for what, one series when Fitz got hurt, and the line was so sh1tty, that he got buried and injured. I simply don't think anyone has seen what he can really do yet, PERIOD.

Whoever wins the QB battle better have some improvements made to the supporting cast next year or everyone will be calling for the next guy on the bench, and saying "starting QB" sucks! It was a lot more than the QB that sucked last year, and I just don't agree with writing him off, or anyone else for that matter, well except for FItzpatrick and JP Losman when he was here, Fitz is a backup at best, and JP was a turnover machine.

I'm willing to give him a chance to succeed for 2 reasons, 1, he's the best choice on the roster at the moment, and they have not made any changes this offseason, and 2. I haven't see him play any games last year where I thought he was put in position to succeed, except for the opener, and I really think that game-plan was the product of Turk.

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

Uh, yeah...except we now have a coach who actually knows offensive football and no way he names Trent the starter of this team or even keeps him on the roster. Expect your depth chart for 2010 to be

Fitzpatrick

Levi Brown

Brohm

With Gailey favoring the mobility of the first two over TE and BB. Brohm makes the team as #3 over TE simply because Gailey will recognize that TE has no heart and no one could win with him, and he's no good in the lockerroom. Brown will have the chance to overtake Fitz by mid-season unless Fitz has them headed for the playoffs (doubtful for any QB at this point).

Any truth to the rumors that Trent signed up to play "The Tin Man" in the new rendition of The Wizard Of Oz? I think he'll finally receive his heart at the end of the journey, that is, if he doesn't get injured while running away from the flying monkeys..

If Trent Edwards starts the season in my view that *ucks! Tried to find a word to use as a substitution, but there wasn't any that can express how I feel except for that *ucks! Even when protection did not break down..which it did often, T.Edwards couldn't even though a 10 yard pass most of the time. He would throw it at the ground, or keep hanging on, hanging on...buying time as he's locked on to one receiver...even when receivers were open down field. I don't buy the

argument about the offensive line for T.E.'s ineptness. Sure, they didn't help him much, but then again the Bills gave up

56 sacks almost 10 more in a season when Bledsoe was our QB and Bledsoe still threw well over 4,000 yards in a season and the Bills offense was ranked #11 in the NFL. The Bills have some tools, and a lot of mediocre players, have been soft,

with a poor game plan, but T.E. will again unimpress us and display the same tendancies that he has had in the past. He is concussion prone which is a terrible trait for a QB, he is a very bad cold weather QB, and just as bad in the rain, fog, sleet, and snow! T.E. also doesn't sense defensive pressure well at all and he doesn't move his feet well for a QB. His mechanics are only marginal and he holds the ball way too long even when their isn't an offensive line break-down. If T.E. is the

QB by default this year then it will be a bad year. With the switch to 3-4 defense teams are normally terrible and win 2-4

games the initial year of the change. I will give the Bills 5 wins and 11 losses which I think is generous considering everything. Hopefully, they'll get rid of Edwards, Fitzy, and Brohm who doesn't grasp the playbook hardly at all which was evident during his one start last season. They should've selected Clausen & Brown and kept Fitzy for their QB trio. That significant change would've only meant that Troup wouldn't have been selected,but what a difference it had the potential

to make at the most important position on the team. The Bills War room *ucks, and I can't stand Tom Modrak once again...last year's huge goof was taking Maybin over B. Orakapo and this years is taking Troup over Jimmy Clausen !!!!

:doh::w00t:;):P

Guest dog14787
Uh, yeah...except we now have a coach who actually knows offensive football and no way he names Trent the starter of this team or even keeps him on the roster. Expect your depth chart for 2010 to be

Fitzpatrick

Levi Brown

Brohm

With Gailey favoring the mobility of the first two over TE and BB. Brohm makes the team as #3 over TE simply because Gailey will recognize that TE has no heart and no one could win with him, and he's no good in the lockerroom. Brown will have the chance to overtake Fitz by mid-season unless Fitz has them headed for the playoffs (doubtful for any QB at this point).

You said it, we finally have a coach who actually knows offensive football, a high percentage smash mouth kind of football, and is exactly why Trent Edwards will win the start and do very well under Gailey in my opinion.

So your saying because Edwards doesn't consider himself a fan, he doesn't give a sh*t about the outcome of the game or even his performance?

His personal performance he probably cares about.

(And he has made statements that seem to point this out)

The outcome of the game and the team's overall performance? Yes, I am saying he does not care.

Win or lose, he still is collecting a paycheck.

I have seen nothing he said or done to prove otherwise.

That is ridiculous. An athlete doesn't get as far as he has without wanting to win and being a competitor.

It is not uncommon to find people working in jobs and careers for the simple reason they posses the ability to do so.

They could care less how the company performs. As long as they are performing well enough to earn the paycheck they want, it's good enough.

What's ridiculous is assuming athlete's are immune from this concept.

I guess the likes of Willis McGahee and the Mike Williams never make it to the NFL level.

Or Jason Peters or Albert Haynesworth or Nate Clements, etc ...

I could go back years and rattle off names of players who are more worried about the money than they are about wining or losing.

Jim Kelly was a Steelers fan his entire life, how did that translate to playing in Buffalo? A place where he didn't even want to be, so he bolted to the USFL for the sole purpose of avoiding Buffalo.

Wha?! You mean a person who actually cares about the outcome did not want to play for team he felt was not going to win?

Hey, thanks for supporting my argument where "fans" have an emotional interest in their team winning and losing.

Even when he eventually came to Buffalo, Kelly still gave a rat's ass whether or not the team won or lost.

That's because he was a "fan".

So yes it is an insignificant subject.

I think it does. It represents a snapshot into Trent's leadership abilities, or lack thereof.

Kelly was a player and a "fan". He hated losing. And he did his best to push and motivate his teammates to win.

Talley was a player and a "fan". Before each game, Talley used run up and down the sidelines challenging each player to make an impact play.

Edwards? As he himself stated, he's not a "fan", he's just a player.

And it shows.

I get it. You and Dog are a "fan" of Edwards.

And it shows.

WE FIRED OUR OC AND LT ON THE EVE OF THE SEASON!!! Then we played pop warner football all year and started how many different players on the OL? The kid never had a chance. Jauron is the devil and he tanked last season completely.

In a nutshell, you have captured what happened. How could anyone play their best under those

circumstances?

Of course, the Trent haters will blame it all on him.

The wise move is what the Bills are apparently doing. Build a stronger team around the QB and see what the QB can do (rather than take a QB with a second round talent with our number 9 pick).

Guest dog14787
His personal performance he probably cares about.

(And he has made statements that seem to point this out)

The outcome of the game and the team's overall performance? Yes, I am saying he does not care.

Win or lose, he still is collecting a paycheck.

I have seen nothing he said or done to prove otherwise.

It is not uncommon to find people working in jobs and careers for the simple reason they posses the ability to do so.

They could care less how the company performs. As long as they are performing well enough to earn the paycheck they want, it's good enough.

What's ridiculous is assuming athlete's are immune from this concept.

I guess the likes of Willis McGahee and the Mike Williams never make it to the NFL level.

Or Jason Peters or Albert Haynesworth or Nate Clements, etc ...

I could go back years and rattle off names of players who are more worried about the money than they are about wining or losing.

Wha?! You mean a person who actually cares about the outcome did not want to play for team he felt was not going to win?

Hey, thanks for supporting my argument where "fans" have an emotional interest in their team winning and losing.

Even when he eventually came to Buffalo, Kelly still gave a rat's ass whether or not the team won or lost.

That's because he was a "fan".

I think it does. It represents a snapshot into Trent's leadership abilities, or lack thereof.

Kelly was a player and a "fan". He hated losing. And he did his best to push and motivate his teammates to win.

Talley was a player and a "fan". Before each game, Talley used run up and down the sidelines challenging each player to make an impact play.

Edwards? As he himself stated, he's not a "fan", he's just a player.

And it shows.

I get it. You and Dog are a "fan" of Edwards.

And it shows.

How about we are fans of the team and it shows, I'm not 99% Bills fan I'm 100% Bills fan and in case you didn't notice Trent Edwards plays for the Buffalo Bills.

I understand the skepticism, and some posters will display their skepticism with some logic and stats, but how someone can crusade against our most important players with BS and still call themselves Bills fans is beyond me. It doesn't matter who they name the starter, I'm going to back him and find good things to say about him because he's a Bill.

So yes, maybe I do a little crusading of my own, but the difference is I'm crusading for my players and team, not against them.

[/b]

How about we are fans of the team and it shows, I'm not 99% Bills fan I'm 100% Bills fan and in case you didn't notice Trent Edwards plays for the Buffalo Bills.

I understand skepticism, and some posters will display their skepticism with some logic and stats, but how someone can crusade against our most important players with BS and still call themselves Bills fans is beyond me. It doesn't matter who they name the starter, I'm going to back him and find good things to say about him because he's a Bill.

So yes, maybe I do a little crusading of my own, but the difference is I'm crusading for my players and team, not against them.

+1, Dog. I've got your back on this. I know you and I disagree on certain aspects of TE (I feel he has SERIOUS confidence issues) but as long as he's on the team, I'm going to hope for the best because, like you imply, we are Bills fans first and foremost.

So go ahead and keep up your passionate support. It's totally OK. Anyone can tear things down. That's easy. It's always harder to build up.

GO BILLS!!!