Vote of Confidence in Edwards

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

Other than the fact that he can't read defenses, has a weak arm an has no balls, it was a great decision!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Yes, I too believe that Trent is the fastest checkdown QB in all the land. :lol:

I think dog14787 is Trent Edwards, his sister, or Dakota Fanning. Who else would make such an asinine statement as this:

It's one thing to support a player you believe in, but reading your posts, making statements such as the one above, and hearing your tears hit the keyboard as you support said player "for playing with tons of heart and giving his all" gets a little tiresome. What exactly has Trent done besides play bad and rally against terrible teams, that has you sooo convinced he is bound for the Hall of Fame?!

:w00t: Is this supposed to bother me considering bizel carries it around like a badge of honor and I see it every day.

Whats even funnier is I can go back on half the posters here and find post of them complimenting TE and even comparing him to some of the greats.

So what :w00t:

So what your basically saying is you have zero to add to this thread that was meant as a positive one for TE, but you will attack me. Brilliant Buddy (and speaking of tears, I'm not the one whining like a little cry baby because TE is the probable starter)

:w00t: Is this supposed to bother me considering bissel carries it around like a badge of honor and I see it every day.

Whats even funnier is I can go back on half the posters here and find post of them complimenting TE and even comparing him to some of the greats.

So what :lol:

So what your basically saying is you have zero to add to this thread that was meant as a positive one for TE, but you will attack me. Brilliant Buddy (and speaking of tears, I'm not the one whining like a little cry baby because TE is the probable starter)

Quite the contrary, I posted that statement you made to let the others know the type of mindset you have regarding Trent - which is bordering on one of worship. I could care less about "bothering" you. That statement was absolutely stupid at the time it was made and looks even worse today, considering that "true leader" was benched in favor of a limited talent in Fitzpatrick. If Trent does start the season and even manages to finish it behind center, gear up for the #1 overall pick in the draft. You still haven't answered the question: what exactly has Trent done, besides rally against bad teams, that has you sooo convinced he is the Bills best prospect for the future? At what point did you stand up and say, "wow, this is the guy we've been missing since Kelly"? Even Jim Kelly himself is tired of watching Trent behind center. "Nice guy, but I think it's time to move on." Then you have Thurman Thomas tweeting during the game that WRs are open, but Trent's not getting the ball to them. Does any of this not mean anything to you? Brian Brohm posted numbers in college that dwarfs your chosen one. I am more interested in moving on and seeing what he, or Levi Brown, has to offer..

Guest dog14787
Quite the contrary, I posted that statement you made to let the others know the type of mindset you have regarding Trent - which is bordering on one of worship. I could care less about "bothering" you. That statement was absolutely stupid at the time it was made and looks even worse today, considering that "true leader" was benched in favor of a limited talent in Fitzpatrick. If Trent does start the season and even manages to finish it behind center, gear up for the #1 overall pick in the draft. You still haven't answered the question: what exactly has Trent done, besides rally against bad teams, that has you sooo convinced he is the Bills best prospect for the future? At what point did you stand up and say, "wow, this is the guy we've been missing since Kelly"? Even Jim Kelly himself is tired of watching Trent behind center. "Nice guy, but I think it's time to move on." Then you have Thurman Thomas tweeting during the game that WRs are open, but Trent's not getting the ball to them. Does any of this not mean anything to you? Brian Brohm posted numbers in college that dwarfs your chosen one. I am more interested in moving on and seeing what he, or Levi Brown, has to offer..

Do you honestly think folks don't already know my mindset by now regarding Trent Edwards (I'm a fanatic) and as far as Jim Kelly goes, its evident how much Nix/Gailey are listening to what he has to say now isn't it.

I've communicated with Thurman Thomas on twitter as he has been gracious enough to reply back on occasion, which by the way, love the Thomas family for taking so much time out of their day communicating with Bills fans, even Mrs. Kelly has joined the fun and I think its great.

Thurman has been saying all along the Bills lack talent at the skilled positions and in all of my time watching his tweets its very seldom you will see Thurman Thomas comment with negative remarks in regard to any current Bills player. Jim on the other hand has been so vocal of his displeasure at the QB position that it caused a ripple effect throughout the team and motivated big headed loud mouths like Donte Whitner and TO to cause problems within the team and disrupt the locker room.

I'm not the HC that's about to nominate Trent Edwards as the starting QB, or the GM that just let a whole draft slip by with about as much as an afterthought of addressing the QB position.

The writings on the wall buddy and I didn't put it there...

Time to start calling you on some of your ramblings.

Name some of these Trent-esque QBs.

Amazingly, Fitzpatrick who is supposed to be worse than Edwards, produced more with essentially with the same people.

Yet, we didn't hear him complaining about "mixed signals" from the coaching staff.

Maybe Edwards was receiving "mixed signals" because he wasn't doing anything he was being told or expected to do.

Leaders rally the troops. Leaders expect communication. If it doesn't happen, they initiate it.

They do NOT sit on the sideline with their thumb up their ass.

You got some proof of this (even vague), or do you just "hope" this statement is true?

My proof that Trent is not a leader and has not fire in his belly. December 28, 2008 vs. the Patsies in a wind tunnel known as "the Ralph". With about 40 seconds to go in the first half, the Bills get down to the Patises 35 or so with no timeouts remaining. A chance to get something before the half. Due to the wind, offense was hard to come by.

Dick doesn't get the play in on time. So Trent runs over to the sidelines with the clock running to ask Mommy what play to run. Wasted valuabel time. Can you imagine a true leader fire in the belly guy like Drew Brees or Kurt Warner or Matt Hasselback doing this?