Vote of Confidence in Edwards

Guest dog14787
Time to start calling you on some of your ramblings.

Name some of these Trent-esque QBs.

Amazingly, Fitzpatrick who is supposed to be worse than Edwards, produced more with essentially with the same people.

Yet, we didn't hear him complaining about "mixed signals" from the coaching staff.

Maybe Edwards was receiving "mixed signals" because he wasn't doing anything he was being told or expected to do.

Leaders rally the troops. Leaders expect communication. If it doesn't happen, they initiate it.

They do NOT sit on the sideline with their thumb up their ass.

You got some proof of this (even vague), or do you just "hope" this statement is true?

I'll name one and he's arguably the best QB that ever played the game, Nicknamed "Joe Cool" for his calm demeanor on and off the field, Montana led his team to 4 Superbowls.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll name one and he's arguably the best QB that ever played the game, Nicknamed "Joe Cool" for his calm demeanor on and off the field, Montana led his team to 4 Superbowls.

Statements like this remind me of when people were comparing Jauron to Belichick. Stop deluding yourself, Edwards is one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

Guest dog14787
Statements like this remind me of when people were comparing Jauron to Belichick. Stop deluding yourself, Edwards is one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

You asked me to name a QB that didn't have to yell or get in his teammates faces to get his point across and lead his team to victory and I gave you the best QB that ever played the game,

and if that's not good enough I don't know what is.

Ha, developmental practice squad fodder, funny

Sorry Charlie, your bid to have TE replaced is futile. The Bills have showed virtually zero interest in any available QB except Mcnab which is understandable.

Trent Edwards is our likely starter this season so you might as well get used to the idea Senator. ( Unless of course you can get Graham Harrell in here somehow)

Sorry, my friend - Fanning Fan is ineligible for the practice squad, which makes him good as gone. FYI, I have nothing against the injury-prone child-actress fan who's managed to complete only one full season w/out injury since high school (his junior year at Stanford) - I just think he'll do much better as a marketing intern at Synopsis, and the sooner he returns there, the sooner he can get on with his life after football and the sooner Bills fans can forget his dismal days here.

BTW, interesting that you feel that way about Levi Brown - the Bills are actually quite high on the kid, as is Mike Mayock...

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock had some pretty interesting comments on Bills seventh round pick QB Levi Brown.

“Buffalo finally got a QB in Levi Brown from Troy,” wrote Mayock on his NFL draft chat after losing his voice. ”I believe he’s been undervalued all along...

Mayock feels Brown can come in as a backup as a rookie with the potential to be more than that down the line. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay had Brown as his sixth best QB prospect, but 10 QBs were drafted ahead of him.

(Link - Mayock likes QB Brown)

I might he wiling to give TE a vote of confidence but not before he gives one to himself (and by extension, his teammates). He's lost his confidence. I don't care who you are, you can't play the position without it.

GO BILLS!!!

Guest dog14787
Sorry, my friend - Fanning Fan is ineligible for the practice squad, which makes him good as gone. FYI, I have nothing against the injury-prone child-actress fan who's managed to complete only one full season w/out injury since high school (his junior year at Stanford) - I just think he'll do much better as a marketing intern at he sooneSynopsis, and the sooner he returns there, the sooner he can get on with his life after football and the sooner Bills fans can forget his dismal days here.

BTW, interesting that you feel that way about Levi Brown - the Bills are actually quite high on the kid, as is Mike Mayock...

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock had some pretty interesting comments on Bills seventh round pick QB Levi Brown.

“Buffalo finally got a QB in Levi Brown from Troy,” wrote Mayock on his NFL draft chat after losing his voice. ”I believe he’s been undervalued all along...

Mayock feels Brown can come in as a backup as a rookie with the potential to be more than that down the line. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay had Brown as his sixth best QB prospect, but 10 QBs were drafted ahead of him.

(Link - Mayock likes QB Brown)

Honestly, don't know much about Brown and you know me Senator, now he's a Bill I'm behind him 100%

I'll be honest with you again though, I don't think Brown will even unseat Brohm for the #3 spot, much less Trent Edwards for the start.

Honestly, don't know much about Brown and you know me Senator, now he's a Bill I'm behind him 100%

I'll be honest with you again though, I don't think Brown will even unseat Brohm for the #3 spot, much less Trent Edwards for the start.

Don't be disappointed when the regular season begins and the depth chart reads "Brohm/Brown" at QB. BTW, Harrell will probably get an NFL tryout next year, after he finishes his 2-year stint in the CFL - maybe Buddy and Chan will give him a look if Brohm/Brown turns out badly...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! B-)

You asked me to name a QB that didn't have to yell or get in his teammates faces to get his point across and lead his team to victory and I gave you the best QB that ever played the game,

and if that's not good enough I don't know what is.

Joe Montana had more competitive drive in his pinky finger than Trent Edwards has in his whole body. This comparison is ridiculous. Sorry, but it's going to be a long season for you trying to defend this wuss.

BTW, I don't ever remember Joe Montana complaining about how "cold and damp" he was in trying explain away a tough loss against the Giants at the Meadowlands. Trent not only did that, but his competition was the freaking Cleveland Browns that day!

:thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Don't be disappointed when the regular season begins and the depth chart reads "Brohm/Brown" at QB. BTW, Harrell will probably get an NFL tryout next year, after he finishes his 2-year stint in the CFL - maybe Buddy and Chan will give him a look if Brohm/Brown turns out badly...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! B-)

Anythings possible, Browns size/arm strength is appealing to me and this is a new offense being installed so its not like one QB has a huge advantage over another so I wouldn't count your scenario out, or Brohm winning the start for that matter,

I like Graham Harrel allot and would love to see him in Buffalo next season trying out

Guest dog14787
Joe Montana had more competitive drive in his pinky finger than Trent Edwards has in his whole body. This comparison is ridiculous. Sorry, but it's going to be a long season for you trying to defend this wuss.

BTW, I don't ever remember Joe Montana complaining about how "cold and damp" he was in trying explain away a tough loss against the Giants at the Meadowlands. Trent not only did that, but his competition was the freaking Cleveland Browns that day!

You made this into a comparison of Trent Edwards and Joe Montana,

do you even remember your own posts?

I don't think Nix/Gailey were confident in Edwards so much as this...

They weren't enamored with Clausen, McCoy or anyone else in this draft class. Drafting a QB in the first round is historically a 50-50 proposition. The odds get progressively worse deeper in the draft. With so many needs, they couldn't afford a roll of the die on a low round pick.

Nix/Gaily don't know what they have. Edwards has been the victim of bad coaching, a weak line and poor game-planning. Brohm excelled in college but has little on his NFL resume. Fitz hasn't always been set up for success in his career thus far.

Given all this, I think they decided it would be best to pass on a top-tier QB this year and work with what they have. If necessary, get a QB next year when there are more NFL-calibre prospects.

I think you nailed it .

Trent has ONE more chance to show what he can do. But after the Cleveland game last year he lost me. No way we should lose at home to the Browns 2 yrs. in a row.

But I'm willing to see what The Chan can do with him or Brohm. I hope it is an open competition like Nix and Chan have been saying and so far they have not lied to us.

You made this into a comparison of Trent Edwards and Joe Montana,

do you even remember your own posts?

No I said "fire in the belly." You're the one who started to equate "fire in the belly" with yelling and screaming. Edwards has butterflies in the belly.

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

I agree with the sentiment about Edwards not getting a fair shake last year and that he deserves a shot to win the starting job this year if he can put it back together. What I don't get is how you can say that Edwards deserves abnother chance, but loser-turds like Whitner are going to be on their way out and seemingly don't deserve another chance. I think it's pretty obvious that Whitner has played a lot longer, better, and more consistantly than Edwards during his time here (while also being a clear-cut starter as opposed to being in the mix forr a starting job). Without using the words "draft", "round", or "reach", what makes you think that Whitner is done and Edwards still has potential?

After Gailey watches how well Fitzpatrick threw the ball in bad weather against Indy and then pops in a few tapes of the incredible shrinking Trent Edwards in bad weather games, there is no doubt that Fitzy will beat out Edwards when the two finish to a draw after training camp. In Fitzpatrick, Gailey will see a QB with fire, mobility and competitiveness. All things that Edwards lacks. This is why I think his teammates dumped Edwards in favor of Fitzy. Edwards doesn't have the drive or motivation it takes to be a winner in the NFL. Unless Fitzy gets injured, Edwards aint gonna be our starter in 2010.

Yeah, that may work if Gailey dosnt care about completing a pass, Fitz cant hit the side of a barn, He may have more fire under him, but not having any qb talent takes away from it.

Yeah, that may work if Gailey dosnt care about completing a pass, Fitz cant hit the side of a barn, He may have more fire under him, but not having any qb talent takes away from it.

You do know that Fitzpatrick had more completions, yards and TDs than Edwards don't you?

Yes, he had one more start than Edwards, but that only tells you that BOTH guys are on the same crappy level. I'd start the guy who actually has some competitive fire, you can have wuss boy.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that either Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Brown, will be the starting quarterback for the season and that three of them will make the opening day roster, with one of them either being cut or placed on the practice squad.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that either Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Brown, will be the starting quarterback for the season and that three of them will make the opening day roster, with one of them either being cut or placed on the practice squad.

No doubt we will all laud your prescience come September B-)

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

My guess is that whatever faults the current QBs have, Nixley didn't think the choices in the draft were an improvement over these guys, so why bother? I also guess they felt the same way about Jason Campbell, that they'd just be exchanging one set of problems for another.

Guest dog14787
No I said "fire in the belly." You're the one who started to equate "fire in the belly" with yelling and screaming. Edwards has butterflies in the belly.

You were referring to this post just to refresh your memory, since you can't seem to page back on your own or remember what was posted:

You posted: Man I hope he is wrong on that one. It's clear to me that Trent Edwards has no fire in the belly and he absolutely sucks in bad weather. In the end it really doesn't matter since neither guy is the long term answer.

I posted: Why, because he doesn't scream and throw tantrums, or get in his teammates faces all the time?

Some of the best QB's that ever played the game were very low key and led by example on the football field.

You replied: Time to start calling you on some of your ramblings.

Name some of these Trent-esque QBs.

My reply: I'll name one and he's arguably the best QB that ever played the game, Nicknamed "Joe Cool" for his calm demeanor on and off the field, Montana led his team to 4 Superbowls.