Corey Chavous

The guy has watched A LOT of tape. I've been watching all 3 days and he has consistently had info on every guy no matter how obscure. He had Clausen rated 48 and he went right there. I'm impressed.

As I'm typing this they just asked him and Charles Davis to rate the Bills draft. Davis gave us a C+ and Chavous gave us an A. Chavous says the 2 DEs we took late can both be very good LBs as pros. He also liked Wang a lot. I'm not touting the guy just because he threw us a bone, but he has schooled the panel for 3 days, showing them they are just going off of public opinion. Like most people here know, often the guys on TV haven't even watched a lot of tape on these guys, they're looking at draft rankings just like us. Having gained a lot of respect for Chavous this week I'm very encouraged that he thought well of our draft

The guy has watched A LOT of tape. I've been watching all 3 days and he has consistently had info on every guy no matter how obscure. He had Clausen rated 48 and he went right there. I'm impressed.

As I'm typing this they just asked him and Charles Davis to rate the Bills draft. Davis gave us a C+ and Chavous gave us an A. Chavous says the 2 DEs we took late can both be very good LBs as pros. He also liked Wang a lot. I'm not touting the guy just because he threw us a bone, but he has schooled the panel for 3 days, showing them they are just going off of public opinion. Like most people here know, often the guys on TV haven't even watched a lot of tape on these guys, they're looking at draft rankings just like us. Having gained a lot of respect for Chavous this week I'm very encouraged that he thought well of our draft

Unbelievable......I just posted about him at the same time. :lol:

He knows his stuff.

:lol:

But I agree 100%. Chavous did a great job. I guess he started doing this when he was playing. Gotta respect that.

I agree, I stopped watching the marbles roll slowly around in the Berman/Young Bucketheads. Why is Tommy even there, he said 10 words throughout the 1st 2 days.

I was super impressed with Chavous. I kept saying, "I kept believe how deep this dude's knowledge is"

I agree, I stopped watching the marbles roll slowly around in the Berman/Young Bucketheads. Why is Tommy even there, he said 10 words throughout the 1st 2 days.

I was super impressed with Chavous. I kept saying, "I kept believe how deep this dude's knowledge is"

That's what a Vanderbilt education does for you, my friends :lol:

Unbelievable......I just posted about him at the same time. :lol:

He knows his stuff.

Corey has been a draft addict for many years now. I have read and seen interviews with him while he was still playing, back when he was a Cardinal. Since he was a kid, he said he has studied and catalogued a lot of film relating to football. He has his own draft website called draftnasty. I remember watching him as a guest on the draft years back when Berman and ESPN were the only network covering it. He'd be an excellent evaluator for NFL teams if he retires.....i think he is still techinacally a FA (?)

He studies prospects with a great deal of scrutiny to small details. These details often are the difference in reality vs. perception when it comes to the unknowns surrounding NFL prospects.

He's thoroughly impressed me. He's talking about small school players playing in games against other small school teams I havent even heard of. At one point Rich Eisen just stopped and gave him props for his depth of knowledge.

Seriously, He needs to setup a website, after today I will trust him much more than McShay or Kiper.

Agreed. It was nice when Mayock was there and the 2 would just go back and forth. You could really tell they both loved what they were doing and had the knowledge to back it up. I was enjoying watching the guy even before he gave our draft an "A" grade. He could actually give insight and make you feel like you learned something about the guy that was drafted.

Late in the 7th round, they had a "stump the truck" thing going where they challenged the guys in the truck to get footage of the obscure guys being drafted. What was great, was Chavous had something to say about each guy regardless of whether the guys in the truck had anything. Even Mr Irrelevant, he had his stats and draft analysis. The guy was very well researched.

I know we're not suppposed to go by what guys on TV say about our draft, but it does smake me feel more confident when someone so knowledgeable says it was a good draft. He didn't focus so much on the "value", i.e. where the the guy was drafted, but more on the abilities and potential of each individual that was picked. Which, IMO, is the way to analyze a pick - who cares where he was projected to go.

Agreed. It was nice when Mayock was there and the 2 would just go back and forth. You could really tell they both loved what they were doing and had the knowledge to back it up. I was enjoying watching the guy even before he gave our draft an "A" grade. He could actually give insight and make you feel like you learned something about the guy that was drafted.

Late in the 7th round, they had a "stump the truck" thing going where they challenged the guys in the truck to get footage of the obscure guys being drafted. What was great, was Chavous had something to say about each guy regardless of whether the guys in the truck had anything. Even Mr Irrelevant, he had his stats and draft analysis. The guy was very well researched.

I know we're not suppposed to go by what guys on TV say about our draft, but it does smake me feel more confident when someone so knowledgeable says it was a good draft. He didn't focus so much on the "value", i.e. where the the guy was drafted, but more on the abilities and potential of each individual that was picked. Which, IMO, is the way to analyze a pick - who cares where he was projected to go.

I agree. He and Mayock made good tandem. I hope the NFL Network continues to pair them together with next year's draft.

Can't really trust too much of what Davis said in that statement, since he didnt seem to know who the Bills drafted at first except Spiller, said Wang was slated for RT, which likely isnt true, and Calloway for LT or guard, when I think he is going to start off at RT where he played. Then he seemed to not give too good of a grade even though he said he loved Spiller and Levi and Easley. A head scratcher.

EDIT: Gailey did just say that they are going to move Calloway to guard at the start, although he is likely to be one of those versatile guys who can play any of four positions on the line.

Can't really trust too much of what Davis said in that statement, since he didnt seem to know who the Bills drafted at first except Spiller, said Wang was slated for RT, which likely isnt true, and Calloway for LT or guard, when I think he is going to start off at RT where he played. Then he seemed to not give too good of a grade even though he said he loved Spiller and Levi and Easley. A head scratcher.

100% agree, plus right away when he sees that Chavous gave an A, he says: "Maybe I didnt watch enough tapes" , you can see that he knows Chavous has much more in-depth knowledge than he does

Living in PHX I'm familiar with Corey and he was always a good interview after the game. A pure student of the game and I'm so glad he has this gig.

The guy knows his football and knows the players and what it takes to make it in the NFL.

I hope his grade for our Bills is dead on. I have to say I'm happy for the most part even if we didn't address the OL until late.

Chavous also had Reggie McNiel as his #1 prospect in the draft a couple of years ago. McNiel was drafted in the 6th round and lasted one year. Soooo..........

Chavous either watches more film than any active coach or has the best memory in the world. He was refrencing specific games and plays off the top of his head when talking about mid major and AA guys. I couldn't believe how in depth his knowledge is. We all know that key players for every team come from late round draft picks, so as a fan it's great to hear in depth scouting reports about these guys right away. I'll take that over watching McShay and Kiper argue about LeFevour for twenty minures because he's the only guy on the board that they've heard of.

Chavous either watches more film than any active coach or has the best memory in the world. He was refrencing specific games and plays off the top of his head when talking about mid major and AA guys. I couldn't believe how in depth his knowledge is. We all know that key players for every team come from late round draft picks, so as a fan it's great to hear in depth scouting reports about these guys right away. I'll take that over watching McShay and Kiper argue about LeFevour for twenty minures because he's the only guy on the board that they've heard of.

Corey did a great job, but they do have notes and teleprompters to help them out with all the info. Not to take any credit away from him, but it's not all "off the top of his head."

Chavous also had Reggie McNiel as his #1 prospect in the draft a couple of years ago. McNiel was drafted in the 6th round and lasted one year. Soooo..........

Bullschitt. First there is no chance he had him rated #1 overall. Second there is no such player as Reggie McNiel. Third, Ryan McNeil, if that is who you meant, was drafted in the second round. So you're either ignorant or entirely wrong or just making schit up or all three.

Corey did a great job, but they do have notes and teleprompters to help them out with all the info. Not to take any credit away from him, but it's not all "off the top of his head."

Watching... he didn't appear to have a teleprompter (although what do I know); but he did have copious notes that he frequently referred to prior to commenting. It looked like he was in school with notes and books laid out, constantly taking notes as players were picked or discussed. The guy is sharp. I think he's found his nitch. I can see him beoming one of the premier draftniks, along with Kiper and Mayock within 2 years.

I thought Chavous did an excellent job.

He seemed to know something about every player, like Kiper and Mayock do.

For someone I had never seen before as an analyst, very impressive.

A jock with knowledge!

By the way, they asked the ESPN panel to name the top QB available today and Todd McShay said "Levi Brown"

More professional discussion at NFL Network. I wonder if Rich Eisen looks at ESPN and laughs.

Exactly. NFL Network is more substance compared to the flash ESPN moved to when I used to watch their draft coverage. I am about positive Eisen has to be laughing these days at the guys over there stuck with Steve Young :thumbsup:

Bullschitt. First there is no chance he had him rated #1 overall. Second there is no such player as Reggie McNiel. Third, Ryan McNeil, if that is who you meant, was drafted in the second round. So you're either ignorant or entirely wrong or just making schit up or all three.

I left you the google link and you can read for yourself. You can apologize later. I'm guessing you'll never reply though. :thumbsup:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&ei=JcnTS4...118ce00d2daff08

I left you the google link and you can read for yourself. You can apologize later. I'm guessing you'll never reply though. :thumbsup:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&ei=JcnTS4...118ce00d2daff08

I'll reply. I had never heard of "Reggie McNiel", and when I looked him up and googled him, there was no mention of him either.

After I saw your message, I looked up Reggie McNeal and saw that Chavous, while he was still a player and not an analyst, said after the combine two months before the draft where McNeal ran a 4.37 that he was the top QB on his list, but also said that he didnt think he would be drafted that way and maybe not in the first round. His 2 and 3 were Vince Young and Cutler.

So yeah, that was stupid of him. And stupid of me to say what I did, even though I looked up the non existent person you mentioned. Maybe if you only misspelled it by one letter I would have found him easier. :lol: So I apologize

So yeah, that was stupid of him. And stupid of me to say what I did, even though I looked up the non existent person you mentioned. Maybe if you only misspelled it by one letter I would have found him easier. :doh: So I apologize

True accountability is obviously not your strong suit. If you ever watched college football you'd know who Reggie Mcneil/McNeal was regardless of the spelling which is a silly excuse. It's funny how strong you came on because I discredited the one and only guy who liked the Bills draft.

Cheers :unsure:

True accountability is obviously not your strong suit. If you ever watched college football you'd know who Reggie Mcneil/McNeal was regardless of the spelling which is a silly excuse. It's funny how strong you came on because I discredited the one and only guy who liked the Bills draft.

Cheers :unsure:

But you didn't discredit him.