Corey Chavous

I made the switch to them three years back for draft coverate and haven't regretted it.

Amen to that...

I think with every year that goes by ESPN is feeling the pressure too...I've always like Kiper a lot...But the rest of the Crew ESPN rolls out besides Boomer is just brutal...Meanwhile NFLN has one solid guy after the other and these Folks are working it...Lombardi and Casserly were both REAL good leading up to the Draft as well...When NFLN puts somebody on camera rest assured they have done their Homework and they have their own opinion...They destroyed ESPN this year...It was not even close... :unsure:

The guy has watched A LOT of tape. I've been watching all 3 days and he has consistently had info on every guy no matter how obscure. He had Clausen rated 48 and he went right there. I'm impressed.

As I'm typing this they just asked him and Charles Davis to rate the Bills draft. Davis gave us a C+ and Chavous gave us an A. Chavous says the 2 DEs we took late can both be very good LBs as pros. He also liked Wang a lot. I'm not touting the guy just because he threw us a bone, but he has schooled the panel for 3 days, showing them they are just going off of public opinion. Like most people here know, often the guys on TV haven't even watched a lot of tape on these guys, they're looking at draft rankings just like us. Having gained a lot of respect for Chavous this week I'm very encouraged that he thought well of our draft

Let's hope he's right. I also hope that our injured guys from last year return healthy and ready to play. We need those O-line guys and Byrd to return in top form.

The guy has watched A LOT of tape. I've been watching all 3 days and he has consistently had info on every guy no matter how obscure. He had Clausen rated 48 and he went right there. I'm impressed.

As I'm typing this they just asked him and Charles Davis to rate the Bills draft. Davis gave us a C+ and Chavous gave us an A. Chavous says the 2 DEs we took late can both be very good LBs as pros. He also liked Wang a lot. I'm not touting the guy just because he threw us a bone, but he has schooled the panel for 3 days, showing them they are just going off of public opinion. Like most people here know, often the guys on TV haven't even watched a lot of tape on these guys, they're looking at draft rankings just like us. Having gained a lot of respect for Chavous this week I'm very encouraged that he thought well of our draft

I never paid much attention to Chavous until earlier this year at the Senior Bowl. He was so amazingly knowledgeable, he and Mayock were talking on another level entirely from the other guys. And since then I've noticed that Mayock holds Chavous's opinions in high regard, and to me, that says it all.

I believe he's right giving the Bills an "A" I think this is one of the best drafts the Bills have had EVER. And I've been following them from their beginning.

The opinions of anyone on ESPN are worthless and nonsensical.

If saying Reggie McNeal was the #1 prospect on his board doesn't discredit him then I don't know what possibly could.

But he did give the Bills an A!!! :unsure:

I guess you could post your boards for the drafts from 2006 to 2010, and we could compare them to CC's boards and how the drafts went, and how the players turned out since then, and then we could see who's better at it. If we gave a rat's ass.

DraftNasty is a great site. Right now, there is a poll up, "Question: Which Prospect Will Be the Better Pro? "

12% Colt McCoy

18% Sam Bradford

10% Jimmy Clausen

45% C.J. Spiller

15% Ryan Mathews

695 Votes

We Win! We Win! We Win! :unsure:

100% agree, plus right away when he sees that Chavous gave an A, he says: "Maybe I didnt watch enough tapes" , you can see that he knows Chavous has much more in-depth knowledge than he does

Which, by the way, is one of the reasons I like Davis as well. Can you imagine a wad like McShay ever showing a moment of doubt? Or in any way showing respect for an opposing opinion? ESPN deserves McShay and Kiper and Gruden and Young and the rest of the uninformed ego maniacs they collect like a hound dog collects burrs.

Which, by the way, is one of the reasons I like Davis as well. Can you imagine a wad like McShay ever showing a moment of doubt? Or in any way showing respect for an opposing opinion? ESPN deserves McShay and Kiper and Gruden and Young and the rest of the uninformed ego maniacs they collect like a hound dog collects burrs.

+! McShay and Kiper know they sit on a throne of lies. Their entire job consists of picking up info on 3 round and later talent from secondary sources and watching tape on frontrunners. Most of their "opinions" are based on second handed information. They could never admit they were ignorant of anything

I guess you could post your boards for the drafts from 2006 to 2010, and we could compare them to CC's boards and how the drafts went, and how the players turned out since then, and then we could see who's better at it. If we gave a rat's ass.

My point is, dummy, that Chavous had a 6th round pick as his top prospect. McNeal lasted exactly 1 season in the NFL. His job is draft analyst, mine is not. And he is the guy you lemmings are gushing over because he liked the Bills draft. This cattle call is hilarious! :wallbash:

My point is, dummy, that Chavous had a 6th round pick as his top prospect. McNeal lasted exactly 1 season in the NFL. His job is draft analyst, mine is not. And he is the guy you lemmings are gushing over because he liked the Bills draft. This cattle call is hilarious! :wallbash:

So a guy misjudges one player years ago and his opinion is worthless for life? I'd love to see the perfection of people you hang with regularly.

Dummy? Lemming? Cattle call? Really? I'm sorry, was I gushing over anyone's analysis? Have I been posting about how great this draft is? All I suggested was revealing your draft boards, and let's compare them. Oh, you're not a draft analyst? So, Chavous has a lot more experience and knowledge on the subject than you do? Ok, thanks for the info.

He has more cred than the other "experts" because he played the game and knows how to watch film. Let's hope he's right.

Another post at scout.com has the top 5 steals of the draft and the Bills have 3 players there...Marcus Easley, Levi Brown and Arthur Moats...yet Nix is clueless right?