Round 7, Pick #209: QB Levi Brown - Troy

SDS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the speed of their picks and the fact that many of these guys came in for visits or were known to be on the Bills' radar, seems like Nix and Co. had a short list of guys they wanted, and they've gotten most of them.

Yes, they seem very confident in their selections. Which means they look really dumb if those guys don't pan out.

9.5 inch hands. Anyone who thought Clausen would be a bust due to hand size is forbidden from lauding this pick.

...In fact, everyone should be forbidden from lauding this pick. Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the more successful 7th-round QBs in recent years, so that should give you an idea of the upside here. But please don't take that as bitching. The fact of the matter is, there's no one on the board who's even a lock to make the team, much less get on the field and make a positive contribution. Can't get excited or upset at this point.

You know, I consider myself one of the best serial bitchers on this board, and even I am growing tired of your act.

Back in our heyday, most of our best picks were undervalued small school guys.

Oh I know, and I am not going to pretend to know enough about most of these guys to say if it is a good or bad move, just stating the obvious.

I think it is all the plays from one game.

That's what I was wondering... either he only played against one team or he totally blew against every other team. :lol:

Gotta love the late rounds!

And he shall be Levi

And he shall be a good QB

And he shall be Levi

In tradition with the Buffalo plan

And he shall be Levi

And he shall be a good QB

He shall be Levi

Weak Elton, weak.

Obvious reach, just heard on ESPN.

Which ESPN are you watching? Todd McShay called him the 6th best QB on his board, and Jaws is raving about him.

You know, I consider myself one of the best serial bitchers on this board, and even I am growing tired of your act.

Who's bitching? Nothing wrong with the Brown pick. Or anyone at this point, really. But also no one worth getting excited over. If you get a good player in the 7th round, consider yourself lucky.

Overall, the Bills draft is a little disappointing to me, because it really showed how many holes we have, and how there was never any way to fill them all in one offseason. I can't say I'm very happy with the guys they passed up, but the guys they wound up taking look to be fairly solid. The only picks I can question on their own merit are the skill position guys, Spiller & Easley. But honestly, Spiller at least has the potential to shut up me and the rest of the haters. Easley not so much, but whatever, he's a 4th-rounder and should be a good special-teamer anyway.

And as I type, the Bills grab another OT. Solid. Could be the next Terrance Pennington or Demetrius Bell. Or better. Or worse. Definite crapshoot at this point.

Weak Elton, weak.

Which ESPN are you watching? Todd McShay called him the 6th best QB on his board, and Jaws is raving about him.

Yeah, sure seemed like a good pick to me. The guy definitely has an arm.

Weak Elton, weak.

And Corey Chavous picked LeFevour as the best QB in the entire draft. I'd go with Chavous anyday over that moronic McShay.

9.5 inch hands. Anyone who thought Clausen would be a bust due to hand size is forbidden from lauding this pick.

...In fact, everyone should be forbidden from lauding this pick. Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the more successful 7th-round QBs in recent years, so that should give you an idea of the upside here. But please don't take that as bitching. The fact of the matter is, there's no one on the board who's even a lock to make the team, much less get on the field and make a positive contribution. Can't get excited or upset at this point.

from sporting news

Bottom line: Our first exposure to Brown was during practice at the Texas Versus The Nation Game, and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement because he looked uncomfortable dropping back from under center, which led to bad footwork and inconsistent accuracy throughout the week. However, in the first game we evaluated versus Central Michigan, he jumped off the film with his ability to make excellent throws on all types off passes and to make key throws on important downs. Brown started his college career at Richmond and transferred to Troy University where he flourished in their wide-open spread passing attack. However, he is going to have to prove he can function playing under center. We are always hesitant to give a high grade to quarterbacks who play in a spread passing attack because for them to be successful they must learn a number of new skills. However, unlike many spread quarterbacks (Tim Tebow and Dan LeFevour) Brown has a very compact throwing motion and gets rid of the ball very quickly, which puts him ahead of both of those quarterbacks. He will need time to develop in an NFL offense, but we believe he has the talent to become a quality starting quarterback.