Nix says Tebow was never in the cards

I think it may have been Demaryius Thomas, hoping to add even more playmaking ability to the offense. And I don't think that will be their last major attempt at it in this draft, either.

I am thinking it was Thomas also. It's possible it could have been Buluga too but I would put money on it that it was either Thomas or Williams.

I think it may have been Demaryius Thomas, hoping to add even more playmaking ability to the offense. And I don't think that will be their last major attempt at it in this draft, either.

God I hope not. We have a plethora of young, unproven talent at the WR position and really need to address the offensive and defensive line before there's a serious drop-off in talent.

Sounds like Nix trying to save face to me.

Either that or he's the best smokescreen blower in the league. It was widely reported yesterday that the Bills were going to get a QB in round 1. It twas widely reported that they were very high on Tebow. The moment Tebow was picked, you had all the inside sources saying Buffalo was heartbroken, crestfallen even.

I'm thinking they got into a bidding war to move up and lost. Denver gave up A LOT to get Tebow. I'm glad they didn't mortgage the draft for one player. But, if you were in his shoes, you'd be trying to save a little face as well.

Either that or he's the best smokescreen blower in the league. It was widely reported yesterday that the Bills were going to get a QB in round 1. It twas widely reported that they were very high on Tebow. The moment Tebow was picked, you had all the inside sources saying Buffalo was heartbroken, crestfallen even.

I'm thinking they got into a bidding war to move up and lost. Denver gave up A LOT to get Tebow. I'm glad they didn't mortgage the draft for one player. But, if you were in his shoes, you'd be trying to save a little face as well.

How about he is telling the truth? Nah that can't be it :huh:

Maybe they did get into a bidding war at that position, but who says for sure that it was for Tebow? That may have been inferred by the press.

You think Nix of full of it but accept everyone's reports as gospel? If Nix isn't telling reproters what he's doing then where do they get it from? I'll tell you: from each other. It goes around enough times it becomes a "fact". Just because everyone thinks the Bills want a QB doesn't make it a fact.

PTR

Maybe they did get into a bidding war at that position, but who says for sure that it was for Tebow? That may have been inferred by the press.

You think Nix of full of it but accept everyone's reports as gospel? If Nix isn't telling reproters what he's doing then where do they get it from? I'll tell you: from each other. It goes around enough times it becomes a "fact". Just because everyone thinks the Bills want a QB doesn't make it a fact.

PTR

Valid points. I was just throwing out a possible alternative.

It's certainly a well known fact that the national "insiders" have little knowledge of the Bills franchise. So, I don't take what they say at face value. But, I'd suggest you can't take a GM's comments at face value either; especially in the middle of the draft with moves and picks still to be made.

There's a difference b/w saving face, and telling a bold-faced lie. If that is what happened, I would think Nix would be coy about it, not flat out lie about it.

I dont think there was any chance it was Thomas. Spiller is a high impact offensive player, they wont go for 2 in Rd 1. And Spiller is also an effective WR. I think they want to see what they have with Evans, Hardy and others this year before adding a high profile WR.

Had to have been Williams ... NT is the one gigantic glaring hole if they want to play 3-4

I found it interesting too re: trying to move up.

I imagine they were thinking of moving up for Williams too. Thomas wouldn't have surprised me either and he went earlier than expected you know? Bulaga I don't think was an option. I don't think he was highly valued by the Bills.

Guys, Never give up said we would try to possibly move back up to get Thomas. He flat told us about Spiller so I have to presume he is right on Thomas.

Too bad, we would actually have TWO weapons on offense that teams would have to respect.