Round 1, Pick #9: CJ Spiller RB Clemson

SDS

Wrong, I would have mentioned RB. Lynch is a shitbag, and they only had two true running backs on the roster las season after they cut Omon. Do the math jacknuts.

if your argument is that RB is a top need position for this crap team, you just made yourself look very stupid

Wrong, I would have mentioned RB. Lynch is a shitbag, and they only had two true running backs on the roster las season after they cut Omon. Do the math jacknuts.

Ouch, the dumb just jumps off the screen here. Really cringeworthy. Like watching a cripple play duck-duck-goose.

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Do you not understand that simply wishing a franchise QB was available doesn't mean it will happen?

This article is for all you Spiller haters. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...l-draft-class/1

I have never seen a Bills pick so universally lauded as CJ Spiller, but instead of sitting back and enjoying the Bills getting one right for a change you people just want to grumble and complain.

Do you not understand that simply wishing a franchise QB was available doesn't mean it will happen?

This article is for all you Spiller haters. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...l-draft-class/1

I have never seen a Bills pick so universally lauded as CJ Spiller, but instead of sitting back and enjoying the Bills getting one right for a change you people just want to grumble and complain.

It's amazing how bad the Bills are. 28th in offense and 30th in run defense.

We have a few long years ahead of us.

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Ya ya whatever dude. Do you non loving Spiller idiots not recognize how far in the hole this team is? We have started a process. And by the way screw you. As a season ticket holder I am so fn tired of seeing pure chit on the field for so many years. Hey guess what? This year of re building we may actually run and stop the run! who ha!

Although I agree with your sentiments about Ralph. I am hoping that Nix has enough football knowledge and personal moxy to tell Ralph to stfu and just watch.

No, I wouldn't have listed the RB position as one of need, but you take the best playmakers on the board when you are doing a total overhaul. As for not being able to win without a good QB, I give you the Ravens of 2002, and the Ravens last year. They beat the Patriots, at NE with Flacco throwing for 34 yards. The Tennessee Titans succeeded with VY, who can't hit the broad side of a barn, but they won seven of their last eight games.

From CJ's twitter:

"hard work beats talent, (when) talent doesn't work hard"

It sure sounds like this kid's got the tools, the work ethic and the right attitude. It's been a while since our first round pick had all three.

It was not a position of need in terms of formation, but it was a position of need in terms of talent: Playmaker.

If anybody doesn't think we got the top offensive playmaker in the draft, for a team that was dismal offensively, I ask (honestly, not sarcastically) to know who did.

We are not winning the Super Bowl in 2010, and that wouldn't be any different if Bradford or Okung fell to #9. But this guy is going to be in a Bills uniform in 2010 helping create excitement and win football games, and he is going to be in a Bills uniform in 2013 doing the same. A lot can happen over the next five seasons, so we can keep an eye on Clausen (although a big reach at #9 in hindsight...maybe we shouldn't have passed at #41), Dan Williams, and Bulaga or Anthony Davis and see how smart this pick was in five years.

As surprised as I was, I actually love it, and think it helps us be better in 2010 and in the seasons that follow. Being forced to live in the terrible sunshine of San Diego, I watch about 14 Chargers games a year. Despite being lighter, I can't tell you how much he reminds me of LT. Not saying he will be that good, but the way he moves and uses his speed makes me think he is a similar kind of threat. But we will have to wait and see since draft week is not the best time to assess talent, as this was said about LT:

"GAZING INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL... Once he adjusts to running from a pro-set instead of a veer offense, watch him grow into a very effective back. Definitely starting material, but he has enough to only garner All-Pro consideration eventually, but this is no franchise back (or anyone else) here, folks. His numbers are very impressive, but he's a product of the team's system. Too bad too many general managers are desperate for a running back, as he'll go higher than his stock dictates."

Post your reaction here....

Secretly I wanted spiller for his talent but had to admit seemed like a strange pick. There is no questioning this kid can play! I thought for sure they would take a OT or a QB. Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets get behind them again and show our support!!! What else is everyone gonna do....QUIT? I doubt that...too many die hards on this board like me!!! Spiller Great Pick!

GO BILLS.....SQUISH THE FISH!!!! :lol: