Bills NOT interested in Rapelisberger

Look I don't often log in here, like never.....

I have been a Bills fan since the '70's, when my since departed pops took me to see OJ run against the Colts in freezing and wind blowing crazy conditions.

All I got to say is, get Big Ben if you can. You gonna tell that this guy isn't gonna have somthing to prove if he gets booted from Pitt!

This isn't like Drew Bledsoe----no way, as much as I wanted to see him suceed, he hadn't won a SB. Ben has won two of them for christ' sake.

Ben's downside is he has smacked his head a few timesand maybe this and alcohol are affecting his outlook.

I have a few friends who may drink too much and I have a friend who has brain injury who drinks and he is near disabled..........

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm constantly surprised that fans so desperate for their team to win will come out and support the acquisition of demonstrably reprehensible people -- the sort of people that the same fans would easily condemn in regular day to day life. Fans can have very warped priorities. It's just a spectator sport, for chrissake.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm constantly surprised that fans so desperate for their team to win will come out and support the acquisition of demonstrably reprehensible people -- the sort of people that the same fans would easily condemn in regular day to day life. Fans can have very warped priorities. It's just a spectator sport, for chrissake.
I guess you better stop watching the NBA, PGA (remember Tiger?), MLB (perjury anyone) and, yes, the NFL. Did I mention you better get out of and stop watching the stock market or almost anything touching Wall Street?

I guess you better stop watching the NBA, PGA (remember Tiger?), MLB (perjury anyone) and, yes, the NFL. Did I mention you better get out of and stop watching the stock market or almost anything touching Wall Street?

This is a meaningless and indeed cynical response. How do you justify conflating individuals with entire sports? And what makes you think I give a damn about golf or the NBA? And what makes you think I'm not a left liberal who is no fan of Wall St? You have no idea. Stick to the subject at hand.

This is a meaningless and indeed cynical response. How do you justify conflating individuals with entire sports? And what makes you think I give a damn about golf or the NBA? And what makes you think I'm not a left liberal who is no fan of Wall St? You have no idea. Stick to the subject at hand.

I justify it by its prevalence, cynical or not. ben rothlisbergers are not that unusual, especially in pro sports. I couldn't care less about your poltics

But you would give up multiple picks for a guy that is this close to being suspended for a full year? I am not denying the fact that he is a great QB. Yes, he did win 2 superbowls, but for a team like the Bills who need to rebuild, and do it the RIGHT way, picking up a troubled QB for the price they would ask isn't smart. Even if we did get him, we don't have nearly the supporting cast that Pittsburgh had when they won those Superbowls. What, you think Roscoe Parish is going to catch that game winning TD in the corner of the endzone? I don't think so.

Seriously, the guy is a great QB, just not right for the Bills in this situation. He would sell tickets and jerseys and everything but in the long run, I don't think he'd be able to turn us around like everyone would expect him too.

yep, I would. He's a perfect fit. And he's a sure thing. Sure he gets drunk and pulls out his thing. I'd bet Jim Kelly probably did that once or twice. I doubt he'll do it again. Well worth the risk.

Guess in year one we already have our answer on how the Nix/Gailey changes will be. Much more of the same thing... Mediocrity... People deserve second chances. Ben would make the Bills an instant playoff possibility and no #9 and #100 and what ever pick is going to give that kind of results. Even if they picked a QB with the first or second rounder, Big Ben is one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. Clausen/Tebow are not going to do that this year. If he was as old as McNabb and possibly have 3 years left in the tank that would be one thing, but Roethlisberger is going to be good for 10+ years. Very disappointed. Need to capitalize on other teams misfortunes rather then pick up their garbage like the Bills have been doing for 10+ years.

I'm not convinced he can carry a team. He's looked average with an average team supporting him. He looked great with a great team supporting him. What would he look like in Buffalo?

Bingo. Right on the money. He would suck in Buffalo. We need a line. We have needed a line for 10 tears or more. Plus why lower the Bills to that scumbag. I dont want win superbowl with that guy being my qb. I would not be a Bills fan any longer if they went after him.

Interesting take from Jason Whitlock.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big...-the-suspension

Some young women use alcohol as an excuse to be sexually aggressive at fraternity houses and nightclubs and then quickly concoct a story of sexual assault when confronted by their disapproving peers. Most of these allegations never make it to police headquarters.

Thank You!

If you read the police accounts, the accuser's sorority sisters drove this case. If Ben's bodyguards dragged the accuser to the bathroom, you could make the argument that her sorority sisters dragged her to the police.

That is what I have been saying all along. Read the reports. Not ONCE does the "victim" claim she was raped the night of. Only her friends do. The "victim" doesnt say she was dragged to the bathroom, her friends do. The "victim" says she went back there with Ben. She is quoted in the report saying "we had sex" not "I was raped" or "He force me to...."

The case was so flimsy that Big Ben was never even arrested. Once she sobered up, the accuser didn't even cooperate with the police.

Think about it for a second, and dont just assume he raped her because her friends thought she was. All you jumping all over him were the same ones all over teh Duke Lacrosse team.