Bills NOT interested in Rapelisberger

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some young women use alcohol as an excuse to be sexually aggressive at fraternity houses and nightclubs and then quickly concoct a story of sexual assault when confronted by their disapproving peers. Most of these allegations never make it to police headquarters.

Thank You!

If you read the police accounts, the accuser's sorority sisters drove this case. If Ben's bodyguards dragged the accuser to the bathroom, you could make the argument that her sorority sisters dragged her to the police.

That is what I have been saying all along. Read the reports. Not ONCE does the "victim" claim she was raped the night of. Only her friends do. The "victim" doesnt say she was dragged to the bathroom, her friends do. The "victim" says she went back there with Ben. She is quoted in the report saying "we had sex" not "I was raped" or "He force me to...."

The case was so flimsy that Big Ben was never even arrested. Once she sobered up, the accuser didn't even cooperate with the police.

Think about it for a second, and dont just assume he raped her because her friends thought she was. All you jumping all over him were the same ones all over teh Duke Lacrosse team.

+100

People are not reading the actual reports. They are reacting to innuendo and assumptions.

Then reverting name calling.

Take advantage of this puritanical backlash and cash in grabbing one of the best QBs in the league.

yep, I would. He's a perfect fit. And he's a sure thing. Sure he gets drunk and pulls out his thing. I'd bet Jim Kelly probably did that once or twice. I doubt he'll do it again. Well worth the risk.

As someone kindly pointed out earlier, BR would come into the locker room as a default leader and honestly, whether or not the accusations are true, his image is tainted and I wouldn't want him to become the new poster boy of the franchise. Additionally, if you will continue to go back into the thread, a poster points out that a former Steeler questioned his relationship with the team and that players with young daughters weren't particularly amused with his off the field actions.

Again, I am not saying any of this is true because I cannot rightly know, but I seriously do not think he is 'a perfect fit' or a 'sure thing'. If anything, I think his acquisition would have blown up in Nix's face eventually.

Addressing that bolded part - I'm sure that's what the Steelers said after the first time. :thumbsup:

+100

People are not reading the actual reports. They are reacting to innuendo and assumptions.

Take advantage of this puritanical backlash and cash in grabbing one of the best QBs in the league.

Yes, because elite athletes never get the benefit of the doubt, especially when they appear to be complete lunkheads with mulitple alleged infractions. Salt of the earth, I tell ya.

Go back to the thread from when the Bills hired Whaley, and note the identity of the poster who confirmed the move before anyone in the media did.

FWIW, the teams did talk, regardless of what Nix is feeding to the press. But somebody chose not to advance the talks further; not because of the off-field issues, but because of serious questions about Ben's commitment to his team.

FWIW, the teams did talk, regardless of what Nix is feeding to the press. But somebody chose not to advance the talks further; not because of the off-field issues, but because of serious questions about Ben's commitment to his team.

Wait. Nix is spinning tall tales? Well, I never.

:thumbsup:

Yes, because elite athletes never get the benefit of the doubt, especially when they appear to be complete lunkheads with mulitple alleged infractions. Salt of the earth, I tell ya.

Why do you want the QB of an NFL team to be the "salt of the earth?" It makes sense. He is an athlete that plays a game.

Read the report. The woman never says she was raped.

+100

As much as I agree with this, (and I do), I think it misses the main point that Big Ben is still an immature douchebag, and has been called such by the ever loyal Steelers nation. He is NOT someone one would want on their team. It is probably the biggest reason that the Steelers are trying to trade him, and Nix & Whaley are avoiding him.

As much as I agree with this, (and I do), I think it misses the main point that Big Ben is still an immature douchebag, and has been called such by the ever loyal Steelers nation. He is NOT someone one would want on their team. It is probably the biggest reason that the Steelers are trying to trade him, and Nix & Whaley are avoiding him.

I agree he is immature and completely stupid for putting himself in these stupid positions.

But it drives me crazy watching people make statements based on nonsense from a 24 hour sports "news" cycle that has to create stories in order to stay in business. The girl never says she was raped in her own statement.

Plus none of this has to do with the fact that he is a great QB and will greatly help the Bills win football games.