Offer Pittsburgh a 1 and 3 for Big Ben

There are times when you have to put your ethics ahead of your wishes for a better team - I'll say it now, if the Bills aquire Ben Rapistburger I will stop watching the Bills for as long as he is on the team.

The man is most likely a serial rapist - the :devil: should be in jail.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I will continue to support threads that advocate for Bills trading for Ben Roethlisberger (however this scenario will never happen and Pittsburgh will NOT trade him).

He has not been convicted of anything (Duke rape case comes to mind). For Bills fans that have a moral code -- we already have ethically challenged players on our team and you don't seem to mind.

I will continue to support threads that advocate for Bills trading for Ben Roethlisberger (however this scenario will never happen and Pittsburgh will NOT trade him).

He has not been convicted of anything (Duke rape case comes to mind). For Bills fans that have a moral code -- we already have ethically challenged players on our team and you don't seem to mind.

Drinking and driving is one thing - Police coverup of a rape is another.

Two of my friends from high school, one who now lives in Pittsburgh and the other a born-and-bred Yinzer who moved to our town as a young'un, are diehard Steeler fans.

And both have taken their kids' #7 jerseys away from them, with one mailing it back to the team. You really want that in Buffalo?

I applaud the bolded above. That point seems lost on some.

I don't want PigBen either. But it has nothing to do with his off field conduct. I just think he is overrated. The first SB was won in spite of him, not because of him. The second, eh.

Granted he is a huge improvement over anything we have had for a very long time. But unless Pitt was giving him away for two 2nd's or less, I pass.

I live in Pittsburgh; I was talking to my buddy the other day who has 4 kids. He's going through the process of slowly converting them to Polamalu fans, but he said it's been hard. These little kids have been programmed to say that their favorite player is "Ben Roflesberger."

This is football country here. No matter what people say about athelets not being role models, they are here. I go to church on Sunday, and 90% of the congregation--men, women, children, pastors--have on Steelers jerseys.

The Pittsburgh native who now lives up here has offered her son his choice of any other player's jersey in return for his black-and-gold #7 shirts. He picked Favre, who may be a diva, but to the best of my knowledge doesn't troll college bars looking for drunken hookups...

Seeing as they traded Santonio Holmes for a bag of coal, I bet we could get Roethlisberger for something obscenely low--like a 2nd round pick this year, and a 2nd round pick next year.

Santonio Holmes was expendable because he is a WR and on the final year of his contract (under which he was criminally underpaid). He will be looking for a huge pay day from some team next year. In his rookie season, Mike Wallace proved last year his big play capability and should fill in nicely for Holmes.

Ben Roethlisberger is a QB and is under contract for the foreseeable future. They have no one on their roster that could possibly replace him. They would require a star QB in return, or at the very least the number one draft pick for Bradford plus more picks. Buffalo has neither of those as trading pieces.

There are times when you have to put your ethics ahead of your wishes for a better team - I'll say it now, if the Bills aquire Ben Rapistburger I will stop watching the Bills for as long as he is on the team.

Cheers.

If he did what he is accused of doing, I do not want him on our team.

If he did some of the things that he is accused of doing, I would have grave reservations.

Regardless of the foregoing, I would not trade our top ten pick to acquire him. Perhaps something less, but that would depend on what the NFL's investigation of the matter showed.

Based on what I read from the police report and witness statements on the Smoking Gun, he has some "issues' to put it mildly.

Drinking and driving is one thing - Police coverup of a rape is another.

Well, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I found the police report contained some pretty vivid information that was unflattering to BOTH parties. For example:

According to Willie Colon (who was with Ben) -- women at the first bar of the night, who were desperately trying to get Ben's attention, had name tags on that said "DTF," when asked what this meant -- the reply was "Down to ()uck".

The woman who accused Roethlisberger of Rape was clearly interested in having his attention, took pictures with him, followed him to 2 different bars after his group left and willing accepted an invitation into a VIP room to do "shots."

When giving her report to the police, her recollection about what happened was "foggy" due to her level of intoxication including falling down drunk when talking to the police.

--

Listen, I do not condone "rape." But there comes a time when young people have to take responsibility for their lives and not put themselves in compromising positions. There is alot more to this story than what the media has reported and accusations of "rape" and "racisim" get flown around way to haphazardly these days.

I can't tell you how many times over the last couple of seasons, I have watched Roethlisberger play, and thought to myself that Roethlisberger was exactly the kind of QB that the Bills needed. He reminds me, on the field, in so many ways, of Jim Kelly. He isn't the greatest quarterback in the game, but, he is an elite QB.

Sure, I don't like the allegations surrounding him, but, lets put it this way...Roethlisberger will be playing somewhere next season, after his 4-6 game suspension is served. We can argue until the end of time about him being a criminal, or the fact that he was not convicted of anything...I think that is a slippery slope...

James Lofton was involved in some similar, rather tawdry situations while playing in Green Bay, which was why they shipped him off to Oakland. The Bills traded for him, they went to 4 Super Bowls, and Lofton, I would guess, is held in very high esteem by most Bills fans. The big difference between the two, Loftons' offenses occurred at a time when there wasn't 24/7 media coverage... the point is, nobody really knows what happened. These things will stick with Roesthlisberger for some time, like Kobe Bryant. But, Bryant has moved on, won more rings, and only Laker haters pull out the "rapist" card on Bryant...you think Lakers fans really care that much?

I don't want to sound cavalier, but if what ESPN is reporting is true, that the Steelers are trying to get a top 10 pick for Roethlisberger, I think the Bills have to be willing to at least explore the possibility.

Well, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I found the police report contained some pretty vivid information that was unflattering to BOTH parties. For example:

According to Willie Colon (who was with Ben) -- women at the first bar of the night, who were desperately trying to get Ben's attention, had name tags on that said "DTF," when asked what this meant -- the reply was "Down to ()uck".

The woman who accused Roethlisberger of Rape was clearly interested in having his attention, took pictures with him, followed him to 2 different bars after his group left and willing accepted an invitation into a VIP room to do "shots."

When giving her report to the police, her recollection about what happened was "foggy" due to her level of intoxication including falling down drunk when talking to the police.

--

Listen, I do not condone "rape." But there comes a time when young people have to take responsibility for their lives and not put themselves in compromising positions. There is alot more to this story than what the media has reported and accusations of "rape" and "racisim" get flown around way to haphazardly these days.

The police report that was written by a man who was FORCED to resign because of his conduct during the rape interview. Referred to the girl as a Bi*** and destroyed evidence.

I don't care how drunk she and Ben was

No means NO!

Feel free to disagree.

--

Please provide a quote from the report that indicates she followed Ben. Yeah, you know talking about how drunk she was, considering Ben paid for her drinks and admits some sort of sexual contact, really doesn't help support your case.

The police report that was written by a man who was FORCED to resign because of his conduct during the rape interview. Referred to the girl as a Bi*** and destroyed evidence.

I don't care how drunk she and Ben was

No means NO!

Feel free to disagree.

Dude, she doesn't even know if they had sex or not, much less if she said yes or no.

Unless you are saying for a fact that the police report was completely falsified and she didn't make the reported statements about not being raped and she was not falling down drunk?

Please provide a quote from the report that indicates she followed Ben. Yeah, you know talking about how drunk she was, considering Ben paid for her drinks and admits some sort of sexual contact, really doesn't help support your case.

Milledgeville Police Report (page 1 of 2):

In her own written words:

"We went to the Brick where they happened to be, and we continued to have casual conversation, he even made crude sexual remarks. They ended up leaving, and we went to capital, where they also were. Ben asked us to go to his "vip" area (back of capital) we all went with him."

Straight from the horse's mouth. The woman met him at the first bar (velvit elvis) took pictures with him, followed him to the second bar -- brick (where he just happened to be) and followed him to a third bar -- capital (another coincidence). Do you honestly think she was not infatuated with him, followed him and was flirting with him. If she was turned off by his sexual advances (which he allegedly made at bar #2) why would she follow him to bar #3 and accept an invitation to join him in his "vip" area.

Dude, she doesn't even know if they had sex or not, much less if she said yes or no.

Unless you are saying for a fact that the police report was completely falsified and she didn't make the reported statements about not being raped and she was not falling down drunk?

You are proving the point. If a girl is "falling down drunk," it does not show a lot of judgment to have sex with her (for a whole host of reasons).

The guy is an idiot and showed horrible judgment at the very least.

Milledgeville Police Report (page 1 of 2):

In her own written words:

"We went to the Brick where they happened to be, and we continued to have casual conversation, he even made crude sexual remarks. They ended up leaving, and we went to capital, where they also were. Ben asked us to go to his "vip" area (back of capital) we all went with him."

Straight from the horse's mouth. The woman met him at the first bar (velvit elvis) took pictures with him, followed him to the second bar -- brick (where he just happened to be) and followed him to a third bar -- capital (another coincidence). Do you honestly think she was not infatuated with him, followed him and was flirting with him. If she was turned off by his sexual advances (which he allegedly made at bar #2) why would she follow him to bar #3 and accept an invitation to join him in his "vip" area.

Didn't "follow." The sorority girls went to the second bar because one of their group worked there and could get an employee discount. That's in the report, too.

You are proving the point. If a girl is "falling down drunk," it does not show a lot of judgment to have sex with her (for a whole host of reasons).

I agree with his opinion. However, being an idiot with horrible judgment would not disqualify him from being someone that I'd want QB'ing the Buffalo Bills.

Agreed, but horrible judgment does not make you a rapist. And I don't think he is being suspended for being an idiot (which he pretty clearly is).

I don't know for a fact, but I have a strong suspicion that if Sir Roger handed out 6 game suspensions to every player who had sex in a bar with a groupie (drunk or not) some teams might not be able to field a team on some Sundays.

Didn't "follow." The sorority girls went to the second bar because one of their group worked there and could get an employee discount. That's in the report, too.

Lori, be that as it may -- this woman still made an effort to seek out Ben Roethlisberger. I'm sure the $1.50 she saved on drinks could have been found had they chosen to go to another bar. At the very least -- you have to agree with me that she had ample opportunity to remove herself from coming into contact with Ben Roethlisberger after their initial meeting at the first bar.

Two of my friends from high school, one who now lives in Pittsburgh and the other a born-and-bred Yinzer who moved to our town as a young'un, are diehard Steeler fans.

And both have taken their kids' #7 jerseys away from them, with one mailing it back to the team. You really want that in Buffalo?

Did they toss their SB merchandise too?

I took an autographed photo of him, which had been on my wall for years, down...

Likewise. (Mine was a Sports Illustrated poster.) Anyone wants it, let me know, because it'll never see daylight in this house again.

Okay, say you're "OK" with a guy who has a propensity of getting away with rape or near rape situations (I'm not!) The Steelers would let him try to rehab his name and rep if they thought he was capable. I suspect this guy, in his heart, thinks what he did is okay and what's the fuss. He's one strike away from being gone. Is that the guy to build the team around?

Now for the rest of us who have stronger opinions, I don't want a rapist as my QB.

SIGN BIG BEN PLEASE!!! BUFFALO IS A JOKE IN EVERYONE'S EYES AND IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE UNLESS WE START WINNING GAMES.

Caps are needed in this situation.

I just said this in another studid "lets sign a rapist" thread. Maybe we should also trade for Vick as well to fill in during the Pig-Ben supension. Russ can then do some great marketing with a "bring a co-ed or your dog to the stadium day."