Is Vinny Cerrato referring to Maybin?

My favorite thing is that all the experts on TSW keep saying Maybin is a 3-4 OLB, yet I haven't heard one of them say why (with the exception of him being too small to be a 4-3 DE). Can he drop into coverage? Can he play in space? Does he have any lateral quickness? Certainly he didn't show it at the combine. Maybin's a bust, and it's just a matter of time until you people are willing to admit it.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think it's only fair to give the guy a shot at rush LB. My personal feeling is that he should be able to rush the QB as a down lineman, and it was obvious that he couldn't do that as a rookie. I think the overwhelming sentiment is that his size is more conducive to playing LB, and if giving him more space to work in will keep him from getting engulfed by the opposing OT, then he may have a shot.

I do feel, however, that it's too early to declare him an out-and-out bust...at least give him a full off-season with the team and a full season at OLB, then I say go ahead and bang that drum all you want if he doesn't produce.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite thing is that all the experts on TSW keep saying Maybin is a 3-4 OLB, yet I haven't heard one of them say why (with the exception of him being too small to be a 4-3 DE). Can he drop into coverage? Can he play in space? Does he have any lateral quickness? Certainly he didn't show it at the combine. Maybin's a bust, and it's just a matter of time until you people are willing to admit it.

Couldn't agree more. He hangs out with Lavar Arrington down here in Virginia and thinks he's all that in our gym. I got news for him, he can't hold Lavar's jock strap! I have been a fan for 30 years and would usually jump at the chance to rap with a player at the gym, but not Maybin. Until he shows he belongs in the NFL I got nothing for him. He struts around the gym, hitting on chicks saying "look at me everybody". Until he shows some game he is the biggest bust of the decade.

Being a die-hard fan I hope he proves everybody wrong and explodes onto the scene w/tons of sacks this year, but his attitude still sucks, believe me I have seen it first hand.

Couldn't agree more. He hangs out with Lavar Arrington down here in Virginia and thinks he's all that in our gym. I got news for him, he can't hold Lavar's jock strap! I have been a fan for 30 years and would usually jump at the chance to rap with a player at the gym, but not Maybin. Until he shows he belongs in the NFL I got nothing for him. He struts around the gym, hitting on chicks saying "look at me everybody". Until he shows some game he is the biggest bust of the decade.

Being a die-hard fan I hope he proves everybody wrong and explodes onto the scene w/tons of sacks this year, but his attitude still sucks, believe me I have seen it first hand.

Next time you see him hittin on a broad, ask aloud to him if he's actually going to get a sack this year. :rolleyes: He's been quite the disappointment so far. But it is early.

As far as attitude goes, if we were 22 year old millionaires we'd be cocky as hell too. Can't really say I blame him. It's hard to be humble in his situation.

And how would you know that? I'm not saying he is a bust or isn't. But you can't evaluate a guy when he's barely hit the field. And before you say there's a reason he didn't get to play remember that this is the same coaching staff that held back more than their share of younger guys in lieu of older/$hi**ier players.

Maybin seems a bit over-emotional and maybe talks a bit too much, but he was a first rounder for a reason. If the Bills didn't take him, I think it's safe to say that he would have gone before the second round.

I'm sure if Maybin breaks out with 13 sacks this year, Cerato won't be bragging about not choosing him due to his childish behavior the day before his draft!

We will be lucky if Maybin makes 13 tackles playing full time. His dancing and prancing around when he gets to the tackled player after the play is already over is really very obnoxious and stupid. This fool needs to grow up. Just play and act like an adult instead of behaving like a jerk.

I'm hoping that the change in the defensive scheme and entering into his second year will improve his play on the field. But behaving like a jackass on a losing team is uncalled for and unacceptable.

Does he actually say "look at me everybody?"

My only hope is any scout/coach/human associated with the Bills who had Maybin as a better player than Orakpo has been fired and banned from OBD.

Maybin was bad in college and it was painful to watch - then he is drafted 11th overall. I will never get over that pick.

makes you wonder what the f dick jouron was thinking

The Bills bypassed on Orakpo, Ohrer, Cushing and Mathews in the draft while we took the invisible Maybin. A stunningly bad draft pick by a stunningly bad front office led by a marketing guru. At least in this upcoming draft Nix will take responsibilty for the drafting of players. Last year, the front office staff were all pointing their fingers at everyone else to not take the blame for the player who does a lot of hooting and dancing but little tackling. When a losing team's HC refuses to give their number one draftee much playing time what does it tell you about the particular player's prospects?

The Bills bypassed on Orakpo, Ohrer, Cushing and Mathews in the draft while we took the invisible Maybin. A stunningly bad draft pick by a stunningly bad front office led by a marketing guru. At least in this upcoming draft Nix will take responsibilty for the drafting of players. Last year, the front office staff were all pointing their fingers at everyone else to not take the blame for the player who does a lot of hooting and dancing but little tackling. When a losing team's HC refuses to give their number one draftee much playing time what does it tell you about the particular player's prospects?

I think in the long run passing on Oher for Maybin may end up being a blunder equal to, or a greater than, passing on Ngata for Lil' Donte...Amazing the Ravens got those 2 Players...Freaking amazing... <_<

per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ut-past-drafts/

Didn't see this posted, if it is, please delete.

Any thoughts?

I hate Maybin, the jerk thinks he is celebrity. Only a real prick would hold out as long as he did, and then not show up for the whole season! I hope he gets hurt so i don't have to watch him play!(just kidding)

More likely Schoebel retires and Maybin becomes the primary source of the pass rush next year.

If true this team is in really tough shape if Maybin flops. Another possible bust, another young immature kid who drank the kool-aid of coaches and agents telling him he is all-world. He has a ten cent mind. Just another dumb jock coming from football U This was Jauron's pick all the way. Just sickening how this a$$ ruined the Bills but that's what happens when no "real" football men are running the show instead of a second rate marketing guy who never made a good football personnal decision in his life..in cohotts with treasurer Jeff Littman

Someone asked where Maybin ranked in the 2009 draft:

Ourlads Guide: 11th best DE (third round grade of 7.98 on a tens scale. ProFootball Weekly had the tidbit: comes from a program that producing too many pass-rushing busts. Needs to mature both Physically and mentally. Lacks functional strength to disengage blocks and is too easily erased from the line of scrimmage. Gets knocked around too easily in the treanches. Undisciplined.. Summary a little better: Ran in 4.9's at the combine (slow?) and did not lok as athletic as he did during the season. However he is a major-league pass-rushing talent with natural ability that cannot be taught. An unrefined talent in the early stages of maturation.. Might not provide nstant returns, but if he learns to handle the extra weight (added for the combine), is able to pick up on the mental aspects of the game and refined his pass rush ability, he could be a force. A lot of if-comes have to fall in place. Will he follow religiously the diet and conditioning program the Bills give him!! Does he have the disire to improve his game, watch film, break down plays where he was out of possion for example