Is Vinny Cerrato referring to Maybin?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thought I had when I read that was...."so?"

I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything, but perhaps young Aaron was a bit full of himself coming into the league last year, and needed to learn a valuable lesson in humility...a lesson that zero sacks in 16 games can teach.

That's, of course, assuming that it is indeed Maybin to whom Cerrato refers.

I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything, but perhaps young Aaron was a bit full of himself coming into the league last year, and needed to learn a valuable lesson in humility...a lesson that

Or maybe he is a terrible player who benefited from suspensions, injuries and dominating lesser teams.

perhaps young Aaron was a bit full of himself coming into the league last year, and needed to learn a valuable lesson in humility...a lesson that zero sacks in 16 games can teach.

That's, of course, assuming that it is indeed Maybin to whom Cerrato refers.

I don't think there is any doubt it was him and I also don't think anyone would argue with that he got a real lesson...hence my "so"? I'm not writting him off yet, he just needs to grow the !@#$ up.

per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ut-past-drafts/

Didn't see this posted, if it is, please delete.

Any thoughts?

So even if Maybin was acting obnoxious during a pre-draft dinner, who cares about that stuff anymore? Warren Sapp was still drafted around number 12 or 13 by Tampa despite having tested positive for pot recently before his draft. Randy Moss was drafted in the first round by the Vikings despite him being known as a major head case during his draft. Both of these players will have strong cases of being elected into the HOF some day. Not to say that Maybin will ever have a strong case for being considered anything other then a first round bust if he doesn't make a huge upwards move this season. But these days, in today's world, "being obnoxious" at a dinner is barley tweet-worthy, much less some "all knowing" intelligent reason for not choosing that player the next day in the first round of the draft. I'm sure if Maybin breaks out with 13 sacks this year, Cerato won't be bragging about not choosing him due to his childish behavior the day before his draft!

the only thought I had when I read that was...."so?"

Same here.

Maybin is a one hit college wonder that buddy nix has hinted would never have been on this team if he had any say. With no cap don't be shocked if he is traded or cut by the start of the season.

If he is cut by the start of the season I'll eat my toilet after not cleaning it for a month.

per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ut-past-drafts/

Didn't see this posted, if it is, please delete.

Any thoughts?

If someone is obnoxious in a way that he thinks he is great or something, that is fine. It justs puts more pressure on himself to prove himself. I want Maybin to line up on every play thinking he is going to get to the QB. I also want him to put all the work into developing himself that he has a realistic chance of doing that. The impression I get is he wants to work hard to get there this year.

I agree with the guys that commented on this article in the link. Does this guy think he's gaining any credibility degrading players after they've been drafted, posing as if he knew before?

Us fans obviously are drawing conclusions about Maybin because he held out for a contract and played terribly with what little playing time he had. I just don't think that's the end of the story with this kid, lets wait until the end of this year to form concrete opinions.

Vinny Cerrato is a bum who has been fired by the Redskins twice! What have the Redskins done the past ten years, many of which were under his direction as GM.

Hey Vinny, if your such an effin genius, why didn't you think to pick Tom Brady..in oh let's say the 5TH ROUND!!! Then you'd really be a genius instead of Scott Pioli.

BTW...Maybin or not....who cares!!!!!!

Let's just get the draft over with so the talking heads can change the subject from "mock drafts" to "grading the draft".

My favorite thing is that all the experts on TSW keep saying Maybin is a 3-4 OLB, yet I haven't heard one of them say why (with the exception of him being too small to be a 4-3 DE). Can he drop into coverage? Can he play in space? Does he have any lateral quickness? Certainly he didn't show it at the combine. Maybin's a bust, and it's just a matter of time until you people are willing to admit it.

I remember the draft last year well:

I was sitting in the Jim Kelly Club section of the Ralph during the draft party. I was drinking my $9 beer, excited because I love the draft. And when our pick rolled around I was a little surprised Orakpo was still on the board. I had heard the Maybin rumors and knew of his high potnetial, but I thought there was no way we could pass on the polished, super-athletic and productive Longhorn known as O-sack-po. Needless to say, I was wrong... and disappointed.

Alas, I remain optimistic that Maybin will become a productive sack artist. Stay positive. You have to. We're Bills fans.

My favorite thing is that all the experts on TSW keep saying Maybin is a 3-4 OLB, yet I haven't heard one of them say why (with the exception of him being too small to be a 4-3 DE). Can he drop into coverage? Can he play in space? Does he have any lateral quickness? Certainly he didn't show it at the combine. Maybin's a bust, and it's just a matter of time until you people are willing to admit it.

I totally agree. There is this opinion that all Maybin needed to do was switch positions and he will blossom. I think playing OLB is going to exploit his tendancy to play to high. He's going to look like Frankenstein trying to rush the passer out there.

Why does no one assume that it was Tyson Jackson? Is it because Pioli picked him, so you're assuming he can possibly do no wrong? Jackson was an even worse pick than Maybin. An unathletic 3-4 defensive end, who isn't good against the run, and isn't effective being moved inside. The fact that people compared him to Richard Seymour is ridiculous. That was a horrible 1st draft for Pioli. His tenure with the chiefs will be short lived.