Is there a player the Bills could possibly take at 9

that would not cause a significant percenatge of the board to be outraged and accuse the Bills of being clueless? I'm saying the only player they could possibly take that would not cause said reaction would be Trent Williams and he'll be gone. So be prepared for the negatvity on Friday morning.

Who I want them to take (realistically): Trent Williams, Bryant, Spiller or McClain

Who I think they'll take: Dan Williams

Ive said it before ill say it again.

No matter who the Bills pick, people are going to freak out because someone else was on the board that will be the next NFL star.

There will be at least 20 threads on why the bills dont draft well, why our rd 1 pick sucks, the bills should just move the team now... ETC...ETC...

that would not cause a significant percenatge of the board to be outraged and accuse the Bills of being clueless? I'm saying the only player they could possibly take that would not cause said reaction would be Trent Williams and he'll be gone. So be prepared for the negatvity on Friday morning.

Who I want them to take (realistically): Trent Williams, Bryant, Spiller or McClain

I think that if Clausen was off the board, taking one of Okung (not likely), Williams (not likely) or Bulaga would not incite a riot.

I think that if Clausen was off the board, taking one of Okung (not likely), Williams (not likely) or Bulaga would not incite a riot.

My buddy is a diehard Iowa fan and says he is absolutely shocked that Bulaga is considred a top 10 prospect. I would be pissed if they took him. I think they believe that there are only two LT's worth taking at 9 and I would, with my limited knowledge, tend to agree with them.

Around here, if you ask the same question to 10 posters, you'll get 15 opinions. Bradford/Suh/McCoy could fall to us and there would still be complaining ... "Oh, if he's so good why did he slip so far" ... "We could've traded down and still have gotten him" ... blah blah blah

Ive said it before ill say it again.

No matter who the Bills pick, people are going to freak out because someone else was on the board that will be the next NFL star.

There will be at least 20 threads on why the bills dont draft well, why our rd 1 pick sucks, the bills should just move the team now... ETC...ETC...

Ngata, Orakpo...considering the Bills' recent 1st round picks, sometimes freak outs are very much justified.

Probably not. If they go OT, fans will insist that they took the WRONG one (if 2 or fewer are drafted before 9) -- OR insist that they reached for a position of need, if 3 or more have already been drafted. Clausen is clearly polarizing, so fans will be split over that pick. If they address any defensive player at all, fans will whine about not addressing the offense, which is in more dire need of repair. If they take the BPA, which is probably Spiller (if he is there), fans will wonder why they drafted a RB when we already have 2 good ones on the roster.

And lest we forget, there are 6 other rounds and 8 other picks in this year's draft, and recent history has shown that the team has performed considerably better in rounds 2-7 than they have in the first. That tells me that there was perhaps too much involvement from non-scouts (Jauron?) with the higher round picks -- whereas, the team was more liable to trust the scouts with the lesser known players in the later rounds.

So, this year, I have resigned myself to just relax, trust the front office -- and let the chips fall where they may.

The Bills need to get a good player that will help the team. Spiller is a good player but wont help the team (and for the record I dont see him as a 1st round pick - so I dont buy that BPA stuff regarding him). Same can be said about Dez Bryant and Joe Haden. This team needs - to quote Nix - "big uglies" and "a strong armed QB who can throw it through the wind"

IMO T. Williams/Dan Williams/B.Campbell are not good enough to justify being taken over other players who will be there, even if said other players dont play a position of as great a need. Derrick Morgan/Brandon Graham are two guys that come to mind.

Obviously QB/LT/NT are the biggest needs - be we also need LBs, Gs, a C, and maybe even a DE. I dont think any player fitting the C or DE mold will be of great value at 9. Iupati is a stretch to say the least so that takes G out of the running. Dan Williams is the only NT being talked about around the top 10 and I have already said I dont think he is worth it - so cross NT off the list.

So that leaves us with QB, LT, and LB as far as players with value at 9 AND players who could help our team.

So as long as we take a good player at one of those positions without passing on a better player I wont be mad.

Well assuming Bulaga and Clausen are gone.... out of the "I can't believe they draft him" group - i.e. Bryant Spiller, McClain... I think I'd want McClain over other two... unless of course we trade Lynch...

I don't think they pass on Trent Williams...

No matter who they pick, this board will be flooded with angry people.

The ideal situation would be if the Bills could take five players with their #9 pick. Even then, this board would be flooded with people who are angry that they picked the wrong five guys.

Around here, if you ask the same question to 10 posters, you'll get 15 opinions. Bradford/Suh/McCoy could fall to us and there would still be complaining ... "Oh, if he's so good why did he slip so far" ... "We could've traded down and still have gotten him" ... blah blah blah

Exactly. There could be a rumor that the Bills are discussing a trade for Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers, etc. and there would still be a number of detractors. Life on an internet forum.

Thats not this staff...so it no longer has any value to what we do in this draft.

same 6 scouts

same director of college scouting- working part time from Florida

same Buddy Nix- who was here last year for the Maybin pick

looks like not much has changed :rolleyes:

Probably not. If they go OT, fans will insist that they took the WRONG one (if 2 or fewer are drafted before 9) -- OR insist that they reached for a position of need, if 3 or more have already been drafted. Clausen is clearly polarizing, so fans will be split over that pick. If they address any defensive player at all, fans will whine about not addressing the offense, which is in more dire need of repair. If they take the BPA, which is probably Spiller (if he is there), fans will wonder why they drafted a RB when we already have 2 good ones on the roster.

And lest we forget, there are 6 other rounds and 8 other picks in this year's draft, and recent history has shown that the team has performed considerably better in rounds 2-7 than they have in the first. That tells me that there was perhaps too much involvement from non-scouts (Jauron?) with the higher round picks -- whereas, the team was more liable to trust the scouts with the lesser known players in the later rounds.

So, this year, I have resigned myself to just relax, trust the front office -- and let the chips fall where they may.

Nice post . especially your last line

The Bills need to get a good player that will help the team. Spiller is a good player but wont help the team (and for the record I dont see him as a 1st round pick - so I dont buy that BPA stuff regarding him). Same can be said about Dez Bryant and Joe Haden. This team needs - to quote Nix - "big uglies" and "a strong armed QB who can throw it through the wind"

IMO T. Williams/Dan Williams/B.Campbell are not good enough to justify being taken over other players who will be there, even if said other players dont play a position of as great a need. Derrick Morgan/Brandon Graham are two guys that come to mind.

Obviously QB/LT/NT are the biggest needs - be we also need LBs, Gs, a C, and maybe even a DE. I dont think any player fitting the C or DE mold will be of great value at 9. Iupati is a stretch to say the least so that takes G out of the running. Dan Williams is the only NT being talked about around the top 10 and I have already said I dont think he is worth it - so cross NT off the list.

So that leaves us with QB, LT, and LB as far as players with value at 9 AND players who could help our team.

So as long as we take a good player at one of those positions without passing on a better player I wont be mad.

why would Spiller "not help the team?" He's a homerun threat evrytime he touches the ball. scoring points won't help the team?....and you are probably the only one in the world who doesnt think he is a 1st rounder. pretty much the consensus best back from what i have heard and seen.

same 6 scouts

same director of college scouting- working part time from Florida

same Buddy Nix- who was here last year for the Maybin pick

looks like not much has changed :devil:

so how many hours does modrak spend in florida working? or in buffalo? or out scouting? do you know what he does at home when he is working? is he watching tape? does he have to be in buffalo to do that? do you really have the answers to any of these questions?

and for buddy- just because he was here doesnt mean he was in charge of the pic. I'm surmising it was jauron. maybe it was ralph like some people on here believe. who knows? and besides, we still dont know about maybin, he could turn out to be a great lb.

but unlike last year, Nix is gm now and he will be in charge of the pic so we're gonna find out just how much has changed, arent we?!

as for the same 6 scouts-we had a pretty good draft last year wouldnt you say, other than the maybin pic? wood,levitre,byrd,nelson. maybe the scouts wanted oher or orakpo? so , to say the least, I view our team a bit differently than you do.