Damn. Bills and a Sharks Fan

Dante

Not only lose but in such epic style. sigh :thumbsup:

I don't think I've ever seen a team fall ass-backwards into a win quite like that. For anybody who didn't catch the game, The Avalanche get outshot 51-17 and then win in the first minute of OT because Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle puts it in his own net.

I wonder if the NHL should officially mark this series as 1-1-1, instead of 2-1 Colorado. 1 win for the Avalanche. 1 win for the Sharks. 1 win for Craig Anderson.

My money is still on the Sharks winning this series, and then eventually losing to the Blackhawks in the conference finals.

Not only lose but in such epic style. sigh :thumbsup:

Wow...didn't get to see the game, just the highlights...what a terrible way to lose. IIRC, Jerry Korab, a Sabre defensemen back in the 70's had a similar mishap, to lose a playoff game, against Montreal, way back. It wasn't a 0-0 tie, and it wasn't OT, but...well, you get the picture.

Sorry for your loss....

O'Reilly's stick was in the lane. I've only seen youtube clips, so they're not the most detailed, but I'm assuming he got a piece of that puck. Boyle's taking a lot of heat, but just as much, if not more falls on Nabakov there.

O'Reilly's stick was in the lane. I've only seen youtube clips, so they're not the most detailed, but I'm assuming he got a piece of that puck. Boyle's taking a lot of heat, but just as much, if not more falls on Nabakov there.

Nabakov in the postgame interviews said it hit the shaft of O'Reilly's stick. The puck snuck in between his pad and the post. He said he saw the puck, but his reflexes followed it where it should have gone (behind the net) if it wasn't deflected. O'Reilly said he was trying to hit Boyle's stick, but got the puck instead.

I had just settled in for a nice long exciting round (or two or three) of NHL playoff overtime hockey only to here the Shark's announcer say "it's in the net!" In the net? What? You're !@#$ing kidding me. How the !@#$ did that happen?

Loved this morning's headline in the Chronicle:

Boyle's Blunder Blows It.