Redskins will trade Campbell for a low pick during the draft

"According to the Washington Post, the "widespread belief" is that the Redskins will trade Jason Campbell for a "low pick" during the draft.

The Bills are the obvious fit, especially if they address another position of great need at No. 9 overall. Bruce Gradkowski's torn pectoral muscle could also increase the Raiders' interest. Campbell is at least a league-average starter and is well worth the late-round pick for a franchise without a legit quarterback"

There hasn't been any news on the Campbell front lately. Thought this was interesting because they're going to wait til the draft to deal him. All eyes will be on Buffalo at 9 and what direction they go.

Take it how you want but it's fun to speculate and read between the lines. Perhaps if Buffalo passes on a QB at 9 they may swing a deal for Campbell. I'd imagine it would be all but a forgone conclusion if Buffalo passes on a QB in both rounds one and two.

Time wil tell. Can't wait for Thursday.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have an average starter in Edwards, I see no point in bringing in Campbell.

He's improved every season, threw 20 tds to 15 INTs, completed 65% of his passes, and threw for over 3,600 yards on a team with less talent on offense than the Bills.

I was an Edwards' fan. But Campbell is a much better Qb than TE at this point and keeps improving.

He's improved every season, threw 20 tds to 15 INTs, completed 65% of his passes, and threw for over 3,600 yards on a team with less talent on offense than the Bills.

I was an Edwards' fan. But Campbell is a much better Qb than TE at this point and keeps improving.

To play the devil's advocate here, he DID have Chris Cooley and Santana Moss. They're not great, but its not like he was working with the Chiefs offensive talent.

The Bill are not an obvious fit, because the Bills need a good QB. Not an inaccurate Capt. Checkdown Jr.

The redskins had more coaching changes and OC changes than the Bills. Campbell had had a different OC every year.

A low pick for Cambell is a bargain!

Yes, Gailey said he wants a mobile QB, Campbell is mobile. Seems like a really good fit, and if it only costs us a 5th or a 6th i say do it in a heartbeat.

...besides what do we have to lose?

For the life of me, I can't understand what is the big problem with Jason Campbell. He is better than what we have now, and he would not cost us that much. The Bills are not going to want to start a rookie, and the Bills need to look for another veteran QB on their roster. If the price is right, I think it would be a great move. What the Bills need to address is the OL or DL with the first draft pick and get a QB later on in the draft. Unless the Bills brass truly believe in Clauson (if he's there) then they need to draft him. If they don't then address another need, pickup a QB later in the draft and get Cambell in a trade. He can be a "stop" gap for a rookie and may be able to thrive in Gailey's offense. Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look good so anything is possible.

To play the devil's advocate here, he DID have Chris Cooley and Santana Moss. They're not great, but its not like he was working with the Chiefs offensive talent.

At this point, Dwayne Bowe>>Moss (who is an undersized version of Lee Evans). Cooley got hurt in the 7th game. Portis and their backup running back were out in the 8th game.

Jamal Charles, Bowe, Chris Chambers, Bobby Wade, Chiefs oline (Albert, Waters, etc.) > Fred Davis, Thomas, Kelly, Moss, whoever their 3rd string rb was, and the Skins oline (Levi Brown off the street halfway in the season and Mike Williams)

People are completely underestimating how bad the Skins were on offense last year. They switched OCs in the middle and got a guy who was calling bingo games. And the offense IMPROVED! And Campbell was a top 15 passer despite all this.

I was hoping Campbell for a 4th. It sounds like it could be even lower than that. If that is the case, it would be dumb not to try and get him.

Didn't Cooley actually spend most of last season on IR? And frankly, I'm not sure Moss/Cooley are better than Evans/Owens...

Forgive my naiveté ... but since Campell just signed a $3.1 mil tender with Washington, does that mean if he's traded to us that we'd be on the hook for that? And what is Trent's salary? Thanks!

Forgive my naiveté ... but since Campell just signed a $3.1 mil tender with Washington, does that mean if he's traded to us that we'd be on the hook for that? And what is Trent's salary? Thanks!

I believe by signing that deal, he just means he can be traded by the Skins since he is under contract now. The new team Campbell is dealt to can agree to a new contract. And $3.1 million for starting QB is peanuts anyway.

I believe by signing that deal, he just means he can be traded by the Skins since he is under contract now. The new team Campbell is dealt to can agree to a new contract. And $3.1 million for starting QB is peanuts anyway.

He is under a one year deal for 3.1 and a FA the following year (with the caveat of labor agreement/lockout issues, etc.)