NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Pennsylvania vs Midwest Stanley Cup.

Tho not the PA team I want to be there, I gotta root for my home state :worthy:

AMEN, my Erie brotha!!

Flyers in SIX, BABY!

What a great time in sports! Braves are winning, Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals, and the World Cup on the horizon! :devil:

Still don't think it is good for the sport when a team can get into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and go to the Cup.

What were they supposed to do? Forfeit?

Flyers v. Hawks should get as about as good of rating that the NHL can get. Still don't think it is good for the sport when a team can get into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and go to the Cup. That said, go Hawks.

Did it hurt the NFL when the Steelers as a #6 seed (out of 6) won the Super Bowl in 2005? How about in 2007 when the wild card Giants beat the greatest regular season team ever in the Super Bowl? Did that hurt?

2006. 2007. There were more talented teams than CAR and ANA those years.

Kind of like in the NFL when the lowest seeded AFC 2005 Steelers won the Super Bowl? Or in 2007 when the wild card Giants beat the greatest regular season team in NFL history.

Wow, eerily similar huh?

AMEN, my Erie brotha!!

Flyers in SIX, BABY!

What a great time in sports! Braves are winning, Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals, and the World Cup on the horizon! :lol:

I like you cause your a Bills fan,

I like you cause your a Braves fan,

aww man your a flyers fan too, well that sucks. :lol:

They took the whopin stick to the Canadians. Carter and Richards are on fire rigth now, talk about making a statement on the short handed and empty net goals!

I just cant believe neither series was even close.

Did it hurt the NFL when the Steelers as a #6 seed (out of 6) won the Super Bowl in 2005? How about in 2007 when the wild card Giants beat the greatest regular season team ever in the Super Bowl? Did that hurt?

Kind of like in the NFL when the lowest seeded AFC 2005 Steelers won the Super Bowl? Or in 2007 when the wild card Giants beat the greatest regular season team in NFL history.

Wow, eerily similar huh?

I think you can say the same thig about what you just said. . . :lol:

AMEN, my Erie brotha!!

Flyers in SIX, BABY!

What a great time in sports! Braves are winning, Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals, and the World Cup on the horizon! :lol:

You guys are from Erie? I grew up in Edinboro, and went to prep.

Yes...IMO. I think it hurts all the leagues in general... Either play them all or do like baseball used to do with only the top two. Make the regular season mean something. Never happen, we live in an instant gratification society.

Good for the Flyers but a 7 vs. 8 seed conference final wasn't exactly thrilling.

Was it thrilling when our 7th seeded Sabres made the Finals in 1999 against an Eastern Conference where the top 3 seeds lost in the 1st round?

Was it thrilling when our 7th seeded Sabres made the Finals in 1999 against an Eastern Conference where the top 3 seeds lost in the 1st round?

I thought they were 6th.

And no... They lost crushingly! If I would have had a crystal ball I would have told them to stay home!

:rolleyes:

Good for the Flyers but a 7 vs. 8 seed conference final wasn't exactly thrilling.

Wasn't the Flyers fault...they came to play :rolleyes:

You guys are from Erie? I grew up in Edinboro, and went to prep.

Welcome to the club! :rolleyes:

I like you cause your a Bills fan,

I like you cause your a Braves fan,

aww man your a flyers fan too, well that sucks. :rolleyes:

They took the whopin stick to the Canadians. Carter and Richards are on fire rigth now, talk about making a statement on the short handed and empty net goals!

I just cant believe neither series was even close.

Well, two out of three ain't bad, right? :wallbash:

I didn't know a damn thing about Les Canadiens, so I can't profess to have had an opinion as to whether the series would have been close or not, but I'm REALLY hoping that the Flyers show up for the third series in a row and put a severe hurtin' on the 'hawks.

Well, two out of three ain't bad, right? :rolleyes:

I didn't know a damn thing about Les Canadiens, so I can't profess to have had an opinion as to whether the series would have been close or not, but I'm REALLY hoping that the Flyers show up for the third series in a row and put a severe hurtin' on the 'hawks.

Not sayin' it can't... Who knows??... BUT... It won't!

:wallbash: