NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you Dante... I like the Sharks too! Just not over the 'Hawks!

Just seems like Quenneville has the Chicago team clicking... A good coach that may finally get of the schnide (when he is not off the booze! :censored: )!

Game 3 Sharks played well. Not good enough though. Hawks a better team. As far as game 3 goes no issues with the Sharks as they gave themselves a shot. sigh

Game 3 Sharks played well. Not good enough though. Hawks a better team. As far as game 3 goes no issues with the Sharks as they gave themselves a shot. sigh

Don't worry, your losses will soon be avenged by the current version of the Broad Street Bullies :censored:

:censored::(

I honestly don't see anybody stepping in the way of the 'Hawks first cup since 1961. I will be really surprised if Philly (or the Habs) actually make a series of it or win.

Well, you're definitely right about the Habs....we've shut the fuggers out in 3 of the first 4 games of the series :sick:

IT'S OUR YEAR, BABY!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!

2006. 2007. There were more talented teams than CAR and ANA those years.

So you could only pull out 2 examples?

It's nice to see one of the underdog teams get far in the playoffs and do well because you know they pushed themselves much more than the "talented" teams.

Of course it's amazing how you could say that only the Hawks have a lot of talent. Philly has plenty of strong players but that's overshadowed with their lack of goaltender who somehow has been possessed with the ghost of Ken Dryden.

:censored::(

I honestly don't see anybody stepping in the way of the 'Hawks first cup since 1961. I will be really surprised if Philly (or the Habs) actually make a series of it or win.

Keep rolling your eyes. You might actually make some sense one day.

I was hoping for more competive series in this round. Philly doesn't sit around and let their goalie do the work. The Flyer defense wastes little time with their breakouts. Chicago has a rope-a-dope style in which they sustain some pressure for a while and when an opportunity comes up they capitalize. The winning goal for Chicago in Game Five was due to a lack of concentration by the Sharks defense and ultimately Nabokov. I don't know what happened to the Habs in yesterdays second period, they looked tired and unable to keep up. I want both the Sharks and Habs to wake up and give us seven games and hopefully some OT. More hockey please, before we settle into summer.

I thought both Carolina nd Anaheim had very good defensive teams that got by offensively. Neither was flashy and fun to watch but they won. I was happy the Ducks took down the Senators. I am still happy about that one!

I was hoping for more competive series in this round. Philly doesn't sit around and let their goalie do the work. The Flyer defense wastes little time with their breakouts. Chicago has a rope-a-dope style in which they sustain some pressure for a while and when an opportunity comes up they capitalize. The winning goal for Chicago in Game Five was due to a lack of concentration by the Sharks defense and ultimately Nabokov. I don't know what happened to the Habs in yesterdays second period, they looked tired and unable to keep up. I want both the Sharks and Habs to wake up and give us seven games and hopefully some OT. More hockey please, before we settle into summer.

I thought both Carolina nd Anaheim had very good defensive teams that got by offensively. Neither was flashy and fun to watch but they won. I was happy the Ducks took down the Senators. I am still happy about that one!

I think the Habs players were confused playing hockey on a Saturday afternoon in Montreal.

It's hockey NIGHT in Canada Buttman. :censored:

Sorta. Except in hockey it is a little more heavy on talent to win. Talent always rises to the top. IMO, hockey... Moreso than other games, coaching and motivation can overcome talent more. Baseball is next. There is a certain amount of luck to the game too. What gets me about playoff hockey is the coaching... Sometimes it appears coaches are too timid and don't open the throttle enough... That is what usually burns them.

NHL hockey if they want to play 5 on 5 really needs to make the ice surface bigger!

Football & basketball really don't come close to hockey & baseball wrt % of luck involved.

Nice assist by Kane. Bigger assist by the ref. Bad call. If the play is flagrant then make the call. Otherwise, stay the hell out of it. Hawks had a nice comeback and the Sharks ran out of gas in the third.

Nice face Duncan Teeth.

Keep rolling your eyes. You might actually make some sense one day.

I am sure making sense calling out which team is going to win. If I am wrong, I will face the music. For now I am right and you can't stand it... Can you...

Prove me wrong Habs... Just prove me wrong!

:censored:

Oh... Who do you think is going to be in the NBA Finals? Cueing Crayonz... Cueing Mr. Crayonz! :(

So you could only pull out 2 examples?

It's nice to see one of the underdog teams get far in the playoffs and do well because you know they pushed themselves much more than the "talented" teams.

Of course it's amazing how you could say that only the Hawks have a lot of talent. Philly has plenty of strong players but that's overshadowed with their lack of goaltender who somehow has been possessed with the ghost of Ken Dryden.

In the end, the game of NHL hockey is all subjective when it comes to who has the best talent. Every team has the ability to win. Get rid of the farce they call the regular season and put everybody into a tourney right off the bat... And there would be a ton of surprises (more so than other leagues/games).

Nice assist by Kane. Bigger assist by the ref. Bad call. If the play is flagrant then make the call. Otherwise, stay the hell out of it. Hawks had a nice comeback and the Sharks ran out of gas in the third.

Nice face Duncan Teeth.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer cancer..er..player in Dany Heatley. Considering he got away with a slashing call on Niemi earlier, consider it karma.

In the end, the game of NHL hockey is all subjective when it comes to who has the best talent. Every team has the ability to win. Get rid of the farce they call the regular season and put everybody into a tourney right off the bat... And there would be a ton of surprises (more so than other leagues/games).

THis is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The Bills beat the Jets last year. The Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Philadelphia Phillies this year. The Boston Celtics lost to the Indiana Pacers this year.

So, tell me again how this differs? It's funny that the people that have no clue about hockey are the one's that spout off stuff that rarely happens in the playoffs. Mostly because, you really only watch it when it pertains to you.....which is no biggie...........just don't act like you know the game more than that.

Way to go Flyers.....wonder if i can get tickets to the stanley cup games.....

This is awesome....talk about a team with BALLS and HEART! Come on, boys....bring it home!