Marshall going to Miami

dailar

Not saying I wanted Marshall in Buffalo, but every other day it seems that one of the AFC East teams makes a big move to get better, while all we do is sign practice squad players that nobody else wants on their roster and will probably never amount to anything. Every time one of these other East teams makes a move like this, it just buries us further into last place, and not by any small margin either. They even mentioned something to that effect on Mike & Mike this morning, that the Bills are obviously the only team in the division not even trying to get better. That the organization is trying to convince themselves that Brian Brohm is a realistic option at QB, when the whole world knows he isn't. We are going to be real contenders for the first overall pick in 2011, but then again maybe that is the whole goal for the Buffalo Bills and this new regime in 2010. Doesn't make it much fun for the best fanbase in the NFL though.

Maybe the Bills are just planning to fill some holes this year and not worry about the major parts just yet (QB, WR). LT, NT & LB are the biggest needs this year. It's been 27 years since the Bills drafted a successful QB, so if we end up with a bad record and can draft one of the top QB's next year, then I'm fine with that. The Bills are not making the playoffs this year, they are rebuilding and it's gonna take some time. It sucks to have to wait longer, but that's what happening whether any of us like it or not.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it everybody in our division is constantly adding pieces and getting better, and we are always sitting around with our d*ck in our hand. i am not saying i wanted marshall but we havent made a play for anybody the last few years. F*ck

I think the Dolphins definitely made out in this deal and believe Marshall will be a very good player for them. For those thinking that the Bills are doomed because they didn't trade for either Marshall or Holmes -- there's still the issue of paying these two. Both are going to be signing big-time contracts (Marshall will want something close to $10 mil/per). If you are unwilling to do that - they would simply be playing out their contract-tenders for a year -- and that would amount to nothing more than a T.O. show.

People need to step away from the keyboard. Buffalo has bigger problems than finding a top WR (OLine, DLine and QB). Let's see what happens in the draft before we warm up the tar and start plucking the feathers.

I'd like to know how many posters complaining that the Bills should have traded for Marshall are the same who are ready to run Lynch out on a rail for whatever pick they can get for him (or not).

You know what scares me even more.. the ever so dangerous Chad Henne will be throwing to him!!! We are screwed........ {sigh} :lol::wallbash: --- This is a bills like move.... Putting the horse before the cart!!@@!!

Chad Henne is gonna be a stud in this league for 10 years...he was very good in the gam against the bills at the ralph til the last 3 possesioons when the game was already over

Not rationalizing dude, proving a freaking point. And many of the other players criminal behavior is women abuse. Why just single one guy out. And do you have facts that he was charged with all these accusations you seem to know about? If he were as bad as you say, I guarantee he would be disciplined. Get over it, it happens, always will. I don't condone it, but I can't control it. Nothing to get so hyped up over like you are. Write a letter to Goodell if you feel so strongly. I'm just saying, if they start kicking all the scumbags out of the league, there might be enough players for 20 teams left. Don't know why you have such a hard on for this one guy, when so many other professional athletes do exactly the same thing.

I mean look at Tiger Woods. Did he abuse his woman, not physically, but he did one hell of a number on her mentally. He got applauded when he walked on the the first tee at the Masters. That is how this country works. How long have you been living here?

IF Tiger goes on to win a major this year, AND gets back with his wifey he will be even more famous than what he is now. Think about it.

Football is a tough game played by tough guys who has plenty of flaws. In your workplace there are people who have flaws. But it's the bottom line that counts. If your company makes money ,you still have a job regardless of how many !@#$s you work with.

In the NFL, just win baby by any means. Some teams only care about what you do on the field. The NFL is a cold game baby and maybe that why it is so damn popular.

Some people in this thread couldn't rub two brain cells together. We signed two quality starters on defense, and have a GM with a very good draft record. You can trade all the draft picks you want for low-character players, but until you have a solid foundation that is built through the draft you are wasting your time. This may work out for the Phins, or Marshall may be suspended for a year, but giving up two 2nd round picks for one player isn't smart for a team with so many needs.

Who would throw Marshall the ball? Who would protect the QB throwing to him? We would be paying Marshall more than $10 million a year while we try to plug pieces in around him. But guess what? We would have lost two 2nd round picks, and building a team would have been much harder.

Only someone ignorant to the rebuilding process would say the Bills should have given up what the Phins did for Marshall.

People need to step away from the keyboard. Buffalo has bigger problems than finding a top WR (OLine, DLine and QB). Let's see what happens in the draft before we warm up the tar and start plucking the feathers.

:lol:

Who would throw Marshall the ball? Who would protect the QB throwing to him? We would be paying Marshall more than $10 million a year while we try to plug pieces in around him. But guess what? We would have lost two 2nd round picks, and building a team would have been much harder.

:wallbash:

Yeah, youre right....2 B-rate Defensive guys....Coach off the scrap heap...signing practice squad players left and right....uncapped year....why get more aggressive than that. I mean hey hey slow down everyone....

I love how everyone else signing a free agent mens that we have to take down that character of that player and kill the move by the team taking the chance....as if the PERFECT situation exists and were going to hang out and wait for it.

We are not ignorant to the rebuilding process....we've been in it for 10 years....and we watched every other team in our division do it multiple times in that timespan.

We are tired of watching other teams, especially divisional rivals, make moves and we do NOTHING

Yeah, youre right....2 B-rate Defensive guys....Coach off the scrap heap...signing practice squad players left and right....uncapped year....why get more aggressive than that. I mean hey hey slow down everyone....

I love how everyone else signing a free agent mens that we have to take down that character of that player and kill the move by the team taking the chance....as if the PERFECT situation exists and were going to hang out and wait for it.

We are not ignorant to the rebuilding process....we've been in it for 10 years....and we watched every other team in our division do it multiple times in that timespan.

We are tired of watching other teams, especially divisional rivals, make moves and we do NOTHING

So, because we have had inept GMs for the past 10 years means that we should abandon any logical rebuilding process? B-rate defensive guys? Yeah, they are... but this was an extremely weak FA class. The Bills are full of C-rate players, but guess what? All the top teams are built on B-rate players. You can't have a star at every position, and filling your team with good starters should be the #1 priority in FA, which we accomplished.

Yep...Dwan Edwards was so B-Rate that PFT and NBC Sports had him in their top 10 free agents list before free agency kicked off.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35718728/ns/sports-nfl/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ion-guaranteed/

Marshall gets $24 million guaranteed

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 14, 2010 11:34 AM ET

Brandon Marshall wanted $10-million-per-year, and he got it.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Marshall will get $50 million over the next five years as part of a four-year, $47 million extension tacked on to his scheduled $2.5 million salary in 2010.

The deal includes $24 million in guaranteed money, and close to $29 million in the first three years of the contract. It's not backloaded, although we're looking forward to seeing more details to learn if there are any natural outs for Miami if things don't go well.

This deal essentially matches Larry Fitzgerald's last contract and arguably makes Marshall the league's highest paid receiver, depending on you count the money.

:lol::wallbash::o:o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ion-guaranteed/

Marshall gets $24 million guaranteed

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 14, 2010 11:34 AM ET

Brandon Marshall wanted $10-million-per-year, and he got it.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Marshall will get $50 million over the next five years as part of a four-year, $47 million extension tacked on to his scheduled $2.5 million salary in 2010.

The deal includes $24 million in guaranteed money, and close to $29 million in the first three years of the contract. It's not backloaded, although we're looking forward to seeing more details to learn if there are any natural outs for Miami if things don't go well.

This deal essentially matches Larry Fitzgerald's last contract and arguably makes Marshall the league's highest paid receiver, depending on you count the money.

:lol::wallbash::o:o

Wow! Looks like $11 beers and $7 hot dogs next season in MIA. :D