trade lee evans

flabill

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

Let me be the first to say... :thumbsup:

No one will give a first rounder for Evans! If someone wants to, great! But that is just crackerdogs. Lee's the one decent receiver we have. Let's be realistic on this page!

I would let go of Lee and is overpaid salary any day of the week. The problem is nobody would ever give up a 1st for him. There are plenty of undersized but quick receivers in the draft that a team can take in later rounds. Lee really isnt that good. If anything thinks he is they need to watch real football and not just the Bills games.

lee evans is far and away your best player on offense.....he is considered a top 10 receiver in all of football.....he is worth two number ones draft picks......at some point, it makes no sense to trade away a proven player for a possible successful draft pick.....i would keep lee evans.

No we wouldn't get a 1st for him. Thats just silly but it won't be because of his "salary" as everybody around here says. Look at the following years, according to Rotoworld: " 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses, 2013: Free Agent. Cap charge: $9.87 million (2009)."

Basically some team would have to take a 8.4 mil hit this year (in an uncapped climate) to get a pretty good bargain down the road. Yeah we're getting a bargain the last two years of the deal but we've underutilized Lee every year he's been here.

We can probably get pretty good value for him if we asked. And really this year is it going to matter that much if Lee is on the roster or not? It hasn't mattered since Loserman.

Great receiver, probably get some decent value from a contender but it won't happen.

I would let go of Lee and is overpaid salary any day of the week. The problem is nobody would ever give up a 1st for him. There are plenty of undersized but quick receivers in the draft that a team can take in later rounds. Lee really isnt that good. If anything thinks he is they need to watch real football and not just the Bills games.

You guys who think Lee should be traded are plain nuts. Listen Get an offensive line in place first, Get a QB who can throw, then evaluate Lee Evans. He is a very good receiver, but somebody has to throw him the ball that has enough protection to throw it. The guy has had how many QB's now? 5. Obviously, The QB is the problem, but more importantly, Our line sucks. We have the running backs. That's all we have on offense. Get another WR to draw his double coverage away too and we have a good team. Lee Evans is not the problem, and getting rid of him to get another player in the draft is crazy. That's counter-productive. Lee is still young.

lee evans is far and away your best player on offense.....he is considered a top 10 receiver in all of football.....he is worth two number ones draft picks......at some point, it makes no sense to trade away a proven player for a possible successful draft pick.....i would keep lee evans.

I agree entirely with this point. But has it mattered? The only reason why I'd keep him is to see how Chan will use him. But if he isn't used again this year, any trade value he may have had is done. Right now we might be able to get a 2nd and a flyer on him (in the deepest draft in a while). I'd say we'd get a better deal than the Boldin 3rd and 4th because a new team probably wouldn't have to give him a new contract. His contract is a perfect trade chip (as I mentioned above).

But if we do wait a year after another wasted and failed campaign we probably couldn't get squat for him. Does anyone actually think the bills are going to be anything but rebuilding this year? We as fans need to understand that in order to be respectable again we need to maximize the value of our assets. Lee will be 30 next March. He will never have the same value after this year. We should get what we can while we still can.

Unless we (once again) think we can win this year

Lee is a great #2 and no one is going to pay a first round pick for a #2 WR.

This is what drugs do to your brain :thumbsup: .

Stay off the drugs son!

I agree entirely with this point. But has it mattered? The only reason why I'd keep him is to see how Chan will use him. But if he isn't used again this year, any trade value he may have had is done. Right now we might be able to get a 2nd and a flyer on him (in the deepest draft in a while). I'd say we'd get a better deal than the Boldin 3rd and 4th because a new team probably wouldn't have to give him a new contract. His contract is a perfect trade chip (as I mentioned above).

But if we do wait a year after another wasted and failed campaign we probably couldn't get squat for him. Does anyone actually think the bills are going to be anything but rebuilding this year? We as fans need to understand that in order to be respectable again we need to maximize the value of our assets. Lee will be 30 next March. He will never have the same value after this year. We should get what we can while we still can.

Unless we (once again) think we can win this year

Agreed. By the time we're ready to win, LE will be at least 32. If someone offered up a first rounder, I'd jump on it. That offer isn't coming, IMO.

I dont feel right now we could get a 1 either. But, if a team cant get the WR they want in the 1st rd this yr LE trade value goes up potenially having a team to give us a 1 next yr. We need as many picks as possible over the next two years to make this team better.