Allen Wilson - NO WAY the Bills take Tebow at #9

I saw a mock today that has Tebow going to the Saints. This whole "Tebow going here, going there" stuff is going to be used as a ruse by every team to try and fish a qb deficient team like Buffalo back into the first round for draft picks.

The Bills are NOT going to be picking Tim Tebow in the first. They will either select one of the top three OTs, take a chance on OTs like Campbell or Davis, pick a pass rushing defensive player like Morgan or Graham, or trade back.

If Tebow is there at pick 41, fine. If not, that's fine too. There will be a guy like Crompton or Skelton in the fourth to select who have much better arms than Tebow. Jason Campbell might still be able to be had with a fourth or fifth round pick.

I hope the Bills aren't going to let themselves be used and abused this draft by giving up prime picks in a desperate move up into the first for a project qb.

I am not saying that the Bills will take Tebow at 9, but it would not surprise me.

The logic the Allen Wilson post makes no sense though.

He says that, when picking in the top 10, teams only select a player who will start immediately (or atleast in their rookie year).

That is not so. Take Maybin and McKelvin. Neither started or even really copntributed much in yr 1.

Also, with Chan Gailey designing the offense, I think he would find ways for Tebow to contribute right away and he probably would be starting by seasons end.

I find all of these "reach" comments hilarious. If a player turns out to be a good player, it makes no difference where he is drafted. Every single year, there are players who the "experts: ranked lower than others. Thiose lower rated players outperform the higher rated ones. Who the hell cares? If the BIlls take Tebow at 9, 41 or 256 there is still an equal chance of him succeeding or failing.

Byrd was not the highest rated safety in the draft last year and he made the probowl. The draft is a crapshoot. I will be happy if we can get out of the firat 3 rounds with Mccoy, Tebow or Clasuen, a LT prospect and a NT prospect.

People crack me up. How is it that Gauhan or Wilson's opinions are any better than anyone else on here? or better than Kiper, or McShay's?

Its all a crapshoot. Tebow will go in round 1 for sure. Lets be honest, do we really need to have a QB start this year? are we going to the Super Bowl this season? Didnt think so. So who cares if it take Tim a year to get the hang of it. If hes a Franchise QB and a real winner then its worth it. IMO it would be worth it to take him 1st overall if you think hes that guy. Do you think the Steelers would have drafted Big Ben at #1 overall if they knew how good hed be? Do you think the Chargers would have taken Rivers #1 overall if they knew how good hed be? Oh wait, they did technically with the game they played on draft day with Manning.

Point is, if you think the guy is YOUR guy, what freaking matters what round its in or where you pick him? If hes good and the next QB of this team for the next 5-10 years who cares.

When drafting in the top 10, you're expecting the player to either start immediately or at some point in his rookie year. But Tebow is at least a year away from being ready to play much less start in the NFL.

When drafting in the top 11.......Maybinot

He says that, when picking in the top 10, teams only select a player who will start immediately (or atleast in their rookie year).

That is not so. Take Maybin and McKelvin. Neither started or even really copntributed much in yr 1.

They 'expect' he will be a starter. That's why the term 'bust' exists.

I trust both Wilson and Gaughan on these matters. They both have excellent access to the team.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...%28BillBoard%29

All you have to do to know that he's guessing is read what he says.

I agree that there's no way they take Tebow at #9, but this isn't from a source on the Bills, he's just using a bit of logical guesstimation.

Music to my ears. This Tebow at #9 crap has taken the fun out of the draft anticipation :thumbsup:

Oh, come on. If you knew for certain that the Bills wouldn't make a huge horking mistake on draft day, what's the fun? It'd be like a field goal you were guaranteed to make. No excitement.

I am not saying that the Bills will take Tebow at 9, but it would not surprise me.

The logic the Allen Wilson post makes no sense though.

Also, with Chan Gailey designing the offense, I think he would find ways for Tebow to contribute right away and he probably would be starting by seasons end.

I find all of these "reach" comments hilarious. If a player turns out to be a good player, it makes no difference where he is drafted. Every single year, there are players who the "experts: ranked lower than others. Thiose lower rated players outperform the higher rated ones. Who the hell cares? If the BIlls take Tebow at 9, 41 or 256 there is still an equal chance of him succeeding or failing.

Byrd was not the highest rated safety in the draft last year and he made the probowl. The draft is a crapshoot. I will be happy if we can get out of the firat 3 rounds with Mccoy, Tebow or Clasuen, a LT prospect and a NT prospect.

my thoughts....although I dunno about McCoy so much.

What if Tebow was black? Atheist?

Mediocre arm strength, unable to read a defense, hasn't played in a pro-style offense, poor Wonderlic

Do those sound like the qualities of a starting NFL QB?

But he's a winner..... Tommy Frazier won a ton of games too, as did Jason White, Shane Matthews, and Danny Wuerffel.

Perhaps he goes down as the FB to throw the most TD's in NFL history. But I suspect he will be just another great college QB that never makes it in the NFL.