Rick Gosselin's Mocks to come out starting this Sunday

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would blame them. A 2nd round risk pick, maybe even moving up a bit for a qb - yes, even a Tebow or McCoy. I just don't see them helping themselves a lot with this weak qb crop to spend the #9 on one. I favor one of the big noise LBs or DEs in rnd 1...and why in the world with all their problems, they seem want to go to a 3-4...escapes me.

Blasphemy, I know...but if one of the top DBs is there at #9 - my head would spin - McGee isn't going to last much longer. Please forgive me Bill from NYC. :unsure:

Did you really put that in print? I'd put my rain jacket on if I were you cuz the crap is gonna fly!

There is no significant difference in the top seven in that list.

Anyway, this guy waits untill 2 weeks before the draft and puts out what is essentially a consensus list. Is his first ten really much different from yours?

There is no significant difference in the top seven in that list.

Anyway, this guy waits untill 2 weeks before the draft and puts out what is essentially a consensus list. Is his first ten really much different from yours?

Look - if you don't care then you don't care O.K.? This guy is statistically the best. If you don't "believe" in statistics , fine.

This guy tends to consistently get the most right in the first round (32 picks) year after year compared to the competition.

He has the Bills getting Bulaga - I hope he's right.

That mock is all screwed up. I can't believe that prognosticators still predict Berry to the Chiefs at 5. It's as if they turn a blind eye to Pioli's history and reputation. Pioli is all about the safe pick - he isn't about to take a safety that high - take a look at his pick last year, Tyson Jackson, which again, almost no one predicted until the week leading up to the draft.

Pioli will take Bulaga, mark it down, sign it in blood.

He's the safest pick there, and don't forget the Ferenz-Patriots connection.

The Chiefs will take Bulaga, repeat, the Chiefs will take Bulaga.

(And the Seahawks will take Trent Williams.)

I promise everyone, these things will happen.

I think that Nevergiveup is credible....I just think that the bills might be throwing a lot of misinformation out right now to see what sticks......

Let me put it this way......if the bills DID take Clausen could anyone REALLY blame them? I mean I know it might not be the guy you like but I dont think anyone could really blame them for the pick.?

Agreed...

At 1st I was not too crazy about Clausen...But the idea is growing on Me by the day...Unfortunately I'm sure it's also growing on the Seahawks and the Browns...There are definitely things to like about Clausen...And who could possibly blame The Bills for Drafting a QB who is quite obviously believed to be a Top 10 Talent?...

No way could I argue the Clausen Pick, if it came to that... :unsure:

Look - if you don't care then you don't care O.K.? This guy is statistically the best. If you don't "believe" in statistics , fine.

This guy tends to consistently get the most right in the first round (32 picks) year after year compared to the competition.

He has the Bills getting Bulaga - I hope he's right.

Just asking the question, brother.

I "believe" in statistics and because I do, I said that the difference between Gosselin and the 7th guy on the list is statistically insignificant. Also, they are separated by one correct team pick.

He had a good mock in '07 (as did many of his peers, by that report) and he has been mediocre the past two (as have been his colleagues). Am I not supposed to say that?

Bulaga sounds fine to me.

His 2nd one came out tonight:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ck.33ea398.html

Has us taking Dan Williams. I wouldn't mind the pick. He would be great addition for the NT. His only weakness is he doesn't rush the passer well. So with williams, we play him on the rushing plays and have kyle williams play the passing downs. But a lot can be said the same for the other NTs that will probably fall to us in round 2 (Price, Cam, Cody) or at least one of them should hopefully.

Personally trent williams and Derick morgan are my favorites. I wouldn't complain if they picked buluga, because they need OTs and he might be the best one that falls to us at 9. But at the same time, he might not be worth the 9th overall pick. I think Morgan is someone that instantly makes this team better. And if we do pick him, that pretty much means schobol is going to retire I think.

Also, I am not sure how smart it is that he has the Skins taking clausen. They need OT help just as bad as us.

AND.... if the phins take mathews over spillar it would be hilarious. The same chuckle response Ginn got.

For those that know he is consistently one of the best at Mock Drafts:

Rich Gosselin's Mocks

Sunday April 11, Mock #1

Sunday April 18th Mock #2

Third one to be something like the 21st or 22nd

I HAVE been predicting the Bills draft Bulaga but it is looking like he will be gone by pick 9. Trent Williams may still be there.

Clausen will almost definitely there. As will Davis.

I do not buy the Mel Kiper "rumor" nor nevergiveup. There's a new sheriff in town and he's the anti Dick the moron jauron. The Bills want a new QB

it'll be either through trade (Campbell) in the next few weeks or by draft (Clausen).

if Bulaga or Williams are there though at pick nine.....hmmmmmmmmm

-RnJ

If Campbell gets dealt it will be before the end of the draft.

You trust a Dallas sportswriter who historically gets about 28% of his first round picks right (which is a shade better than the other stooges) over a guy who has repeatedly provided accurate intel from the Bills FO?

28 percent of exact predictions or 28 percent of all first rouders regardless of where they fall? If the former, than 28 percent is very strong given the inevitable trades that will occur. Moreover, the latter measure is probably a better one. A suggestion: factor that into your argument about prediction percentages, which you've now made in at least a couple of threads.

Wow. His second mock was a ton different from the first one. This pick would make me nervous. I keep hearing inconsistent things about him and believe that we could either get Cody in then second or Thomas in the third, so that would be my preference for the DT position. Clausen to the skins was a bold pick and I was surprised to see that, In the fort mock draft, he had spiller as the second running back taken.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ck.33ea398.html

Rick's 2nd mock: Note that his 2nd mock focuses in on TEAM NEED

I have found his 2nd mock a waste of time - again I think that will be the case. Cluasen not going pick 4, bulaga falling a mile never gonna happen

etc

For those that know he is consistently one of the best at Mock Drafts:

Rich Gosselin's Mocks

Sunday April 11, Mock #1

Sunday April 18th Mock #2

Third one to be something like the 21st or 22nd

I HAVE been predicting the Bills draft Bulaga but it is looking like he will be gone by pick 9. Trent Williams may still be there.

Clausen will almost definitely there. As will Davis.

I do not buy the Mel Kiper "rumor" nor nevergiveup. There's a new sheriff in town and he's the anti Dick the moron jauron. The Bills want a new QB

it'll be either through trade (Campbell) in the next few weeks or by draft (Clausen).

if Bulaga or Williams are there though at pick nine.....hmmmmmmmmm

-RnJ