One of the best games I saw at the Ralph

seq004

Lets not get carried away as this being a top 5 game since 1993, yet it was a great win. Flutie was very effective in 98, and seeing old TT still being able to make plays, and the emerging youngster named Moulds, brings back memories of the days when we were last competitive.

Flutie slipped a ton in 1999, but our D carried the team all year and Flutie managed to make just enough plays for the Bills to win more often than not. Pint sized ego maniac could play the game though.

Lets not get carried away as this being a top 5 game since 1993, yet it was a great win. Flutie was very effective in 98, and seeing old TT still being able to make plays, and the emerging youngster named Moulds, brings back memories of the days when we were last competitive.

Flutie slipped a ton in 1999, but our D carried the team all year and Flutie managed to make just enough plays for the Bills to win more often than not. Pint sized ego maniac could play the game though.

Name 4 more that were better/more fun to be at? And, I guess I should have said since Kelly retired, but maybe there still aren't 4 more.

I can think of the snow game with Kelly on the sidelines vs. Dolphins '02 I think.....the '00 home opener on sunday night vs. titans.........and the 31-0 thrashing of the Pats in '03. I haven't wracked my brain, but that's all I can think of right now.......If you do want to include the Kelly years, the Dolphins playoff win in '05 would in this top 5, also.

I was at that game too...fantastic game, I agree with the statement it was one of the most fun games since the Superbowl years.

Thank you - I didn't think that I was getting carried away.......I'll never forget leaving and everybody is going crazy in the hallways and I'm a Believer kept blaring out of the speakers.............If I'm not mistaken, this was the game where we completed the run from 0-3 to 5-3? I know it was part of that. That was fun!

Thank you - I didn't think that I was getting carried away.......I'll never forget leaving and everybody is going crazy in the hallways and I'm a Believer kept blaring out of the speakers.............If I'm not mistaken, this was the game where we completed the run from 0-3 to 5-3? I know it was part of that. That was fun!

this is the game where we evened our record to 3-3. jacksonville was 5-0 at the time.

this is the game where we evened our record to 3-3. jacksonville was 5-0 at the time.

Wow - were they really?!? That makes it even better! (I thought the date might have been a little early for the 8th game of the year. I know we were all thinking we were going to go to 5-3 at that point, because our next two games were against inferior opponents).

Look,

I'm not going to sit through a 10 minute Youtubio just to see who the damn DC was. You mind letting us in?

Has is been almost 12 years? Jeezus. I believe that's the VHS tape copy that I sent to Lori. 12 years ago...really!?

This whole past decade has been one big sorry big blur of indigo blue.

One aspect of this game that still sticks out his the heart Thurman Thomas STILL played with in this game. I went with my cousin Joe and we had a blast! Good times. Jags game

What they game showed was the ability of the coaching staff to develop a system that fit the abilities of the players.

For the last 2 decades we have been subjected to watching coaches force players into "system" that did not suit their strengths. :thumbsup:

I hope that they are finally past that.

Look,

I'm not going to sit through a 10 minute Youtubio just to see who the damn DC was. You mind letting us in?

Has is been almost 12 years? Jeezus. I believe that's the VHS tape copy that I sent to Lori. 12 years ago...really!?

same here...so I googled it...Richard Jauron

Man, I never appreciatted Flutie that much at the time but compared to what we got now.................

Most of us didn't- but anyone would have suffered in comparison to Jim Kelly. Flutie may have been an arrogant little p**ck, but he had the heart of a warrior. A non-traditional type of QB,much like,dare I say...Tim Tebow?

Name 4 more that were better/more fun to be at? And, I guess I should have said since Kelly retired, but maybe there still aren't 4 more.

I can think of the snow game with Kelly on the sidelines vs. Dolphins '02 I think.....the '00 home opener on sunday night vs. titans.........and the 31-0 thrashing of the Pats in '03. I haven't wracked my brain, but that's all I can think of right now.......If you do want to include the Kelly years, the Dolphins playoff win in '05 would in this top 5, also.

Snow game against the Phins for sure. I dont remember the opener against the Titans. Pats for sure. How about the Monday Night game against the Cowboys. That place was absolutely defening. Possibly the 1st or 2nd best football game Ive ever been to. The Raiders comeback last year wasnt bad either. And the last game this past season, Snow game against the Colts (even though it meant nothing) was just plain fun. I felt like a kid again. It really was a good game.

Theres others that Im sure I can think of. But those are the ones I remember right off the top of my head.

The Raiders game in 08 was fun. Nothing compared to this Jags game, though.........There is no way a meaningless game against the Colts 2nd stringers comes even close.

Cowboys game I guess would be in the top 5, but I was thinking more in terms of wins.........So, here's the top 5 so far:

Jags, Titans, Phins snow, Cowboys if you're so inclined..........I'm sticking my original top 5 statement at this point.

Look,

Sorry to inconvienence you. I'll try to never do it again.

The press conferences after this game were classic. A reporter asked Tom Coughlin if his team was prepared for the Flutie bootleg, and, paraphrasing, his reply was, "Of course we knew he was going to keep it. Everyone in the stadium knew he was going to keep it." Someone then asked Flutie about the play, and he admitted that he wasn't supposed to bootleg; it was basically a busted play and he improvised by keeping it.

Great game!

You know its good when someone mentions "The jags game" and I knew exactly what game it refers to. I remember watching it, where I was, what I did when Flutie scored. All measures of a classic.

Funny...someone mentions the "Jags game" and I remember a certain over-hyped and over-payed brain-dead former OSU CB not knocking down a pass to end the game.

:thumbsup:

One aspect of this game that still sticks out his the heart Thurman Thomas STILL played with in this game. I went with my cousin Joe and we had a blast! Good times. Jags game

Without watching the video ... I assume this is the game where Flutie runs in the winner at the end of the game? TT was still awesome at this point ... and Flutie botched the simple handoff at the end so that HE could be the hero. While a fun game, and was great to watch ... it started me down the road to not liking Flutie. It was always about HIM ... not the Bills.

Without watching the video ... I assume this is the game where Flutie runs in the winner at the end of the game? TT was still awesome at this point ... and Flutie botched the simple handoff at the end so that HE could be the hero. While a fun game, and was great to watch ... it started me down the road to not liking Flutie. It was always about HIM ... not the Bills.

Whether Flutie was liked or disliked it doesn't look like he botched the play. It looks like it was supposed to go to Thurman but for whatever reason it didn't, however and this is JMO from where I saw the LB's come in on that play if it in fact would have been handed off to Thurman we would have lost the game but what a great player Thurman still was.

Whether Flutie was liked or disliked it doesn't look like he botched the play. It looks like it was supposed to go to Thurman but for whatever reason it didn't, however and this is JMO from where I saw the LB's come in on that play if it in fact would have been handed off to Thurman we would have lost the game but what a great player Thurman still was.

Didn't Thurman say in the post game that he botched the play? He was supposed to go one way and ended up going the other?

Why don't you just watch the video, that way you will know what you are talking about?

Look,

:thumbsup:

Why don't you just watch the video, that way you will know what you are talking about?

I don't need to watch the video to remember that play ... TT didn't throw Flutie under the bus, but let's ask who more likely botched the play:

1. the longtime Bill, running a play he'd been running for nearly a decade?

2. the shortime Bill, who showed everywhere he has ever been that it has to be all about him? There was a reason he was the CFL MVP 5 times, on THREE different teams. Twice his last season with a team was an MVP year. Hmmm ...

Look,

Tricky Dicky..............

Maybe not the best played game, but I was at "Rich Stadium" when Buffalo beat Miami for the first time in 20 games. The fans went nuts and the goal posts came down (I was at the stadium every time they came down but had not part in that). That is something I will never forget.

coughlin was pissed! Jags D seemed bigger than the 2009 Bills D! I wonder where Dicky got the idea for midgets on Defense?

I will always like Coughlin for two huge reasons.

First, he ran Jimmy Johnson out of the NFL.

Second, he blew up the Death Star that was the Patriots Dynasty.