McNabb to Redskins

Fingon

It's likely to make the Bills pick much more valuable if Clausen is on the board.

I think Clausen is going to slide and lose some serious coin. I don't think he's a Buddy Nix guy and if the Bills don't take himn he could slide well into the teens if not 20's. Clausen is a glorified late 1st, early 2nd round talent, so I don't think his slide should come as much of a surprise.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You seemed to miss the question. The question was not, "Why would they trade him?". It was, "Why would they trade him in the division to a team that *needed* a QB?".

I was being facetious. :wallbash:

But to answer your question, Reid either must think McNabb is done and/or that the Eagles can defense him properly when they play him, a la the Patriots and Bledsoe. Shanahan OTOH thinks that McNabb still has something left. I guess we'll find out who's right at the end of the season.

If some other team wants Clausen, then we trade down. Otherwise we take the best player available other than Clausen or any other QB in this draft.

No. We don't take the best player, I am going to finally end any support of this team if we take a !@#$ing CB, Safety, kicker or even a linebacker till QB, LT and NT are addressed

No kidding, right?

THAT IS CRAZY! I cannot imagine what they gave up to get him.

Redskins, with the addition of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker ...as well as some Defensive additions...become a legit contender. Especially with a good Head Coach now. They may be the favorites out of the NFC East now.

:wallbash:

The 2006 NFC East maybe.

i think Wash would pick any of these 4 (Bradford, McCoy, Suh & Okung) , BEFORE Bulaga.

Listening to talk radio in DC they seem pretty high on Okung, Berry and Bradford. With no chance of landing Bradford I think Okung is the choice. It appears that they weren't very high on Clausen as well.

:wallbash:

The 2006 NFC East maybe.

Yea seriously, the redskins have 3 washed up runningbacks instead of 1 and they have a better QB. Unfortunately that doesn't solve any of the problems that is plaguing this team year after year.

Quick note: McNabb is four years older now than Bledsoe was when we acquired him. And the price was about the same (same-year 2nd vs. next-year 1st).

The commitment next year is a 3rd or 4th not a 1st. So it doesn't take them out of next years 1st round.

Not a bad move.

man, I am getting real tired of the Bills doing absolutely nothing this offseason. They are not trying to bulk up the team at all...plus Lynch being MIA? What do we really have here, Gailey takes the tvs out of the weight room? I'm holding out some hope for the draft; but, this is shaping up to me another lost year.

this may open up the Jason Campbell discussion again. could be an option.

Anyone else want to make the argument that if McNabb had ANYTHING left in the tank, the Eagles would never have traded him to a division rival?

Nah...we'll ignore that for the time being.

Andy Reid let his feelings get in the way. There is nothing smart about trading McNabb to the Skins. He is still a top 10 QB and is much better than Bledsoe was when we traded for him.

They have a young receiving core, 3 solid rbs, a good defense, and will get the best LT in the draft. The Skins could be really dangerous. The Eagles will be the worst team in that division.

Anyone else want to make the argument that if McNabb had ANYTHING left in the tank, the Eagles would never have traded him to a division rival?

Nah...we'll ignore that for the time being.

VERY reminiscent of the time Belicheck swindled the Bills in 2002. At least it wasn't a #1.

Quick note: McNabb is four years older now than Bledsoe was when we acquired him. And the price was about the same (same-year 2nd vs. next-year 1st).

McNabb is light years better than Brain Dead Drew though.

I called this in one of the many Mcnabb threads. Not sure how I could find it but what ever. I did not think Philly would have traded him inner division. They think A. DM is one or B. The Skins are not going to be that great this year. By the time its turned around he will be done.

Andy Reid let his feelings get in the way. There is nothing smart about trading McNabb to the Skins. He is still a top 10 QB and is much better than Bledsoe was when we traded for him.

They have a young receiving core, 3 solid rbs, a good defense, and will get the best LT in the draft. The Skins could be really dangerous. The Eagles will be the worst team in that division.

Larry Johnson and Willie Parker are far from being solid RB's anymore. Go back 3 years then yeah, they will be dangerous as hell.

And Eagles being the worst? Come on, Kolb is the real deal and will prove it this year. Plus that 2nd rounder they picked up is a pretty prime pick in this historically deep draft.