Is Guam in danger of capsizing?

bbb

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw that yesterday and put it on my facebook....i had to check and double check the by-line to make sure i wasn't being duped.....amazing the admiral didn't even break a smile with his reply..."...yeah, we don't expect that will happen.."

I am in disbelief that someone that stupid could be an elected official.

O'RLY?

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

George W Bush

Dick Cheney

Al Gore

Dan Quayle

George Bush

Jimmy Carter

Walter Mondale

Nelson Rockefeller

Richard Nixon

Spiro Agnew

Hubert Humphrey

And those are just the folks that everybody got to vote for. If you include Senators like Harry Reid and Arlen Spector and Congresscritters like Nancy Pelosi and Jon Boner, the list grows even disturbingly longer

saw that yesterday and put it on my facebook....i had to check and double check the by-line to make sure i wasn't being duped.....amazing the admiral didn't even break a smile with his reply..."...yeah, we don't expect that will happen.."

That's my favorite thing - "Uh, we don't anticipate that"

I am in disbelief that someone that stupid could be an elected official. On second thought, he should fit right in. Seriously, that is just hilarious and pathetic all at the same time.

Truth be told...he has advanced Hep C, which has affected his mental acuity. I don't know about the whole "island capsizing" thing, but that goes a long way towards explaining his general speaking (in)abilities.

In which, there's a discussion to be had about whether congresscritters should serve or gracefully step down when they're medically incapable of providing service. But "stupid" might be an overstatement in this case.

From another board I belong to:

Poster number 1: "Johnson said he was "using a metaphor" to describe how adding more military personnel to the tiny island "could be a tipping point which could adversely affect the island's fragile ecosystem and could overburden its stressed infrastructure.""

Poster number 2: Hep - C was a better excuse - it made people like me look callous - he really is a dumbass.

Truth be told...he has advanced Hep C, which has affected his mental acuity. I don't know about the whole "island capsizing" thing, but that goes a long way to wards explaining his general speaking (in)abilities.

In which, there's a discussion to be had about whether congress critters should serve or gracefully step down when they're medically incapable of providing service. But "stupid" might be an overstatement in this case.

I always get a charge out of pompous, power and money hungry politicians that say they are "serving" their country.

Like they are laying in a foxhole dodging bullets.

Truth be told...he has advanced Hep C, which has affected his mental acuity. I don't know about the whole "island capsizing" thing, but that goes a long way towards explaining his general speaking (in)abilities.

In which, there's a discussion to be had about whether congresscritters should serve or gracefully step down when they're medically incapable of providing service. But "stupid" might be an overstatement in this case.

There should be a minimum education and IQ level to be elected in the senate or congress. Really we can't have people this stupid making decisions. Maybe there is a requirement? DC Tom I'm sure you'd be happy to inform me if there is.

There should be a minimum education and IQ level to be elected in the senate or congress. Really we can't have people this stupid making decisions. Maybe there is a requirement? DC Tom I'm sure you'd be happy to inform me if there is.

Why sure, I'd be happy to help:

No, there isn't.

Hope you've learned something today. Tomorrow, we'll cover our ABC's.

O'RLY?

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

George W Bush

Dick Cheney

Al Gore

Dan Quayle

George Bush

Jimmy Carter

Walter Mondale

Nelson Rockefeller

Richard Nixon

Spiro Agnew

Hubert Humphrey

And those are just the folks that everybody got to vote for. If you include Senators like Harry Reid and Arlen Spector and Congresscritters like Nancy Pelosi and Jon Boner, the list grows even disturbingly longer

I don't agree with you on a lot of them but Nixon definitely doesn't belong on that list. Say what you will about Richard Nixon but he was a brilliant man. He was extremely intelligent. (That's not sarcasm) His only stupidity was in trusting the three stooges to actually bug the Democrats without getting anyone's suspicions up.

Anyone who thought he meant that literally is the idiot, JMO

the whole 'speaking figuratively' angle would be so much easier to take if he hadn't made the gesture with his hand of tipping....something tells me he kind of meant it literally

I don't agree with you on a lot of them but Nixon definitely doesn't belong on that list. Say what you will about Richard Nixon but he was a brilliant man. He was extremely intelligent. (That's not sarcasm) His only stupidity was in trusting the three stooges to actually bug the Democrats without getting anyone's suspicions up.

Anyone who thought he meant that literally is the idiot, JMO

the whole 'speaking figuratively' angle would be so much easier to take if he hadn't made the gesture with his hand of tipping....something tells me he kind of meant it literally

It's pretty obvious he wasn't speaking figuratively, but it's the best spin his handlers could come up with on short notice.

From another board I belong to:

Poster number 1: "Johnson said he was "using a metaphor" to describe how adding more military personnel to the tiny island "could be a tipping point which could adversely affect the island's fragile ecosystem and could overburden its stressed infrastructure.""

Poster number 2: Hep - C was a better excuse - it made people like me look callous - he really is a dumbass.

Just an opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if, from a strategic standpoint, he's better off with the "using a metaphor" excuse than trying to explain to people that Hep C was the cause of such blatant stupidity. First, it probably wouldn't take much for people to start questioning and challenging his mental capacity to serve (though I seriously DOUBT a challenge would lead to anything as long as his party is in control). Alternately, to blame this on Hep C could be a larger problem that would extend this stupidity to more watercoolers and message board for a longer period of time by the media bringing in all the medical/Hep C professionals to discuss the illness, versus "it was a failed metaphor," which I believe has a considerably fewer number of professionals on hand to discuss at length, thus allowing the stupidity to (hopefully) die a quick publicity death.

I am in disbelief that someone that stupid could be an elected official. On second thought, he should fit right in. Seriously, that is just hilarious and pathetic all at the same time.

joke is on us though eh? we keep electing mooks and expect them to lead our country.

O'RLY?

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

George W Bush

Dick Cheney

Al Gore

Dan Quayle

George Bush

Jimmy Carter

Walter Mondale

Nelson Rockefeller

Richard Nixon

Spiro Agnew

Hubert Humphrey

Sometimes I think that future candidates should be from a pool of business and industry leaders. Clearly, to get where they are, they had to be hard working, wise with money and generally street smart intelligent. Since they make lots of money in our free capitalist system it should be mandatory they serve 2-4 years and they can return to their businesses after their stint. Of course there would have to be some checks and monitoring going on to insure that they wouldn't be totally self serving. It would be to their own benefit to make sure citizens had as much disposable income as possible. As happy as possible. What we have now is a bunch of paid salespeople. Experts in bs for the purpose of gaining power and money. Not motivated to help the country at all. Not smart. They have law degrees so I guess thats supposed to mean their smart. Government has become a industry in its own right. A lucrative career choice. Imho its not meant to be that. It's a necessary overhead to run basic services and thus should be lean as possible. What better type of person to run it than someone who has built something from the ground up and had to budget and plan wisely. Obviously a raw concept I know but look what we have now? How could this be worse? Anyway, just thought id float it out there.