2009 Payroll. Sorry if already posted

Learn me one Union that's not out of line.

Shall we talk about the fall of America... Chapter 1: The Union is Born

There's no question some unions are out of control, but let's be honest. If unions never formed we'd all still be working 72-hour work weeks.

PTR

Learn me one Union that's not out of line.

Shall we talk about the fall of America... Chapter 1: The Union is Born

Hey @sshole. Truth be told, the unions made this nation great. Big business, political parties and the bankers are the ruin.

Hey @sshole. Truth be told, the unions made this nation great. Big business, political parties and the bankers are the ruin.

There was a time when unions were beneficial, but now all they do is increase unemployment and production costs. They have gone from fighting for safe and fair working conditions, to strong arming employers for benefit packages that hurt the long term health of the company.

Unions are dying, and there is a very good reason for that.

Oh God. Another thread where a bunch of brain dead a-holes want to sit here and regurgitate whatever skewed half-assed opinion of unions they picked up along their long journey to the middle.

You're all idiots. No one cares what you think. If you have a bunch of political opinions to share, go somewhere where someone wants to hear it.

$1,964,352,452.00

That is the total salary of the NFL, The Players Union is crazy...

Do you happen to have the total profit for the owners? Its kind of silly to have a discussion calling the players greedy if we don't know how much the Presidents, GMs, Coaches, Owners, and all the rest of the NFL machine make off of these players... I'm not defending either side's demands but you have to consider that without players there is no league.

From the owners perspective you have to consider what you invest in your team versus alternate uses for your cash. Jerry Jones just built a billion dollar behemoth in Dallas for his team to play in -- he wouldn't have shelled out that kind of money unless he thought he'd make it back and then some....

In the end, it seems a bit like mutually assured destruction / game of chicken. Players need the owners to run the business side, owners need the players to put a product out on the field (and risk their health for your entertainment) -- you can't have one without the other...

I think there are ways to discuss the looming NFL lockout/strike/whatever without getting into a philosophical discussion of unions vs. owners...But then again, I suppose your opinion on any potential NFL strike might have a lot to do with which side of the owner/worker side of labor issues you fall...

Then again, if a strike shrinks the revenue pie enough, no matter what the revenue split is between players/owners both sides may end up getting less money--How did hockey revenues fare after they struck, or baseball back in 94-95? I actually don't know the answer to these questions but I do know that I stopped caring about baseball after that strike....maybe just a coincidence...

Anyway, just food for thought...

Football players actually deserve it because of the money they generate. They might even be underpaid.

Explain that argument to me. Stress the word deserve. Quickly check the average salary of a brain surgeon, compare that to the top 10% of NFL players and justify the word "deserve".

Explain that argument to me. Stress the word deserve. Quickly check the average salary of a brain surgeon, compare that to the top 10% of NFL players and justify the word "deserve".

It's a billion $ business because of the players. Obviously, they aren't as important as surgeons, teachers, etc. But that's the nature of the best. It's why actors get $20 million a picture.

When was the last time you heard of 60,000 people paying to watch brain surgery.

And according to me nobody deserves anything. You take what you can get.

$1,964,352,452.00

That is the total salary of the NFL, The Players Union is crazy...

If you are a Union leader, your only job is to always ask for more. That's why Unions are bad for the NFL and business.

Hey richardface. Truth be told, the unions made the nation and then got greedy.