Merriman

per rotoworld:

According to beat writer Kevin Acee, restricted free agent Shawne Merriman could be had "for the right price" this offseason.

Per Acee, it's a price only GM A.J. Smith knows at this point. The Chargers have been reluctant to lock up Merriman ever since his torn LCL and PCL two summers ago. Smith drafted Merriman's replacement in Larry English last April, so he'll be open to draft-weekend offers from interested teams.

per rotoworld:

According to beat writer Kevin Acee, restricted free agent Shawne Merriman could be had "for the right price" this offseason.

Per Acee, it's a price only GM A.J. Smith knows at this point. The Chargers have been reluctant to lock up Merriman ever since his torn LCL and PCL two summers ago. Smith drafted Merriman's replacement in Larry English last April, so he'll be open to draft-weekend offers from interested teams.

I'd give a 5th, nothing more.

what about lynch and a 5th for McNabb?

if given the choice between the 2 trades.

see, I'm one of the no to mcnabb guys, so id rather get merriman, he's younger, and could mentor Maybin, Mcnabb would have to extend if he were to be traded, we all know that.

So, I'd rather do the lynch for merriman str8 up trade

I generally would say Lynch for Merriman straight up. Partly because I cant stand Lynch and everyones love for him. Partly because Merriman is a monster.

Thats the only problem. Merriman WAS a monster when he was on steroids. I know, you can all say its the injuries and thats why hes not as much as a beast anymore. That could be true. If thats the case, how do I know he will regain his stride? He really did have a tough injury to come back from.

Then theres the part of me that thinks too many "coincidences" in this world are really planned. Maybe Merriman wasnt injured badly, and he was being investigated for the steroids and it would just be better all around if he sat out until things cooled off a little bit.

Dont ask me where I come up with this stuff.

per rotoworld:

without the juice....he can't produce.....