Mock Draft built for success

This team needs to be rebuilt, we all know that. I have only completed rounds 1-5...

#9: Trade with San Fran, it seems like they really want Spiller and to ensure landing Spiller this would be the move they make, in return we get their first of 2 first round picks at #13 and #49 in the second.

#13: Here we grab our LT, hopefully Trent Williams is still on the board, if not we grab Anthony Davis, either way I feel like at number 13 neither would be a reach.

#41: We grab Tim Tebow, not to be our starter, unless he comes out and proves he is ready. I would prefer him to be the backup and hold the clipboard and let Gailey work his magic and help teach him the offense and develop him for next season.

#49: I was tempted to grab a DT here but I went with Maurkice Pouncey, 6'5 318lbs Center from Florida. Our Oline needs to be fixed, Hangartner is a good backup at best. Let Pouncey and Hangartner battle it out.

#72: The Bills grab their DT. Cam Thomas from North Carolina, 6'4 and 330lbs. Has the size for what we need at the 3/4 NT position. Him and Stroud could make a nice team in a rotation.

#107: Thaddeus Gibson, a DE/OLB from Ohio State, has the size at 6'2 240 to play OLB, has good coverage skills and if Schobel does not come back he could be on the other side of Maybin with Poz and Davis in the middle, Mitchell needs to step it up.

#140: Jordan Shipley, WR from Texas has been consistent while playing for the Long Horns. Stands at 6'0 190 and runs around a 4.47, could turn out to be a steal.

If these players fall to us we should be in great shape, our Oline would be set for years looking like..

Williams/Davis-Levitre-POUNCEY-Wood-Green (maybe Bell is ready to play at RT). Not built for instant success but give that line a couple of years to develop and build chemistry it will be dominate for years.

Dont be too brutal....

I'd be for it, but I doubt SF will give up the 49th pick to move up 4 spots and dropping the 13th pick on Anthony Davis is too risky for my liking. I'd also be surprised to see Cam Thomas on the board that late, but I suppose it could happen.

I can see them giving up their second if they really want Spiller. People are saying Spiller can be a game changing talent, much like Chris Johnson for the Titans. If they only had one 1st rounder they would probably be less likely to give up their second, but they may view Spiller worth the 4 spots and a second while still holding another 1st rounder.

I can see them giving up their second if they really want Spiller. People are saying Spiller can be a game changing talent, much like Chris Johnson for the Titans. If they only had one 1st rounder they would probably be less likely to give up their second, but they may view Spiller worth the 4 spots and a second while still holding another 1st rounder.

Spiller is a game changer

sort of like Frank Gore

:thumbsup:

I see the Texans trading up with the Bills to get Spiller.

I think it's very likely the Bills trade down.

then you must be blind

Kubiak has spent his entire coaching career turning mid round picks into pro bowl RBs

and now he is going to give away picks to move UP for a RB

I don't think so

I wouldn't be surprised if we draft Spiller..

This team needs to be rebuilt, we all know that. I have only completed rounds 1-5...

#9: Trade with San Fran, it seems like they really want Spiller and to ensure landing Spiller this would be the move they make, in return we get their first of 2 first round picks at #13 and #49 in the second.

#13: Here we grab our LT, hopefully Trent Williams is still on the board, if not we grab Anthony Davis, either way I feel like at number 13 neither would be a reach.

#41: We grab Tim Tebow, not to be our starter, unless he comes out and proves he is ready. I would prefer him to be the backup and hold the clipboard and let Gailey work his magic and help teach him the offense and develop him for next season.

#49: I was tempted to grab a DT here but I went with Maurkice Pouncey, 6'5 318lbs Center from Florida. Our Oline needs to be fixed, Hangartner is a good backup at best. Let Pouncey and Hangartner battle it out.

#72: The Bills grab their DT. Cam Thomas from North Carolina, 6'4 and 330lbs. Has the size for what we need at the 3/4 NT position. Him and Stroud could make a nice team in a rotation.

#107: Thaddeus Gibson, a DE/OLB from Ohio State, has the size at 6'2 240 to play OLB, has good coverage skills and if Schobel does not come back he could be on the other side of Maybin with Poz and Davis in the middle, Mitchell needs to step it up.

#140: Jordan Shipley, WR from Texas has been consistent while playing for the Long Horns. Stands at 6'0 190 and runs around a 4.47, could turn out to be a steal.

If these players fall to us we should be in great shape, our Oline would be set for years looking like..

Williams/Davis-Levitre-POUNCEY-Wood-Green (maybe Bell is ready to play at RT). Not built for instant success but give that line a couple of years to develop and build chemistry it will be dominate for years.

Dont be too brutal....

I thought Gailey said at the breakfast thing in Buffalo today that we had 9 picks in the draft ?? Although i don't know much about Gibson or Shipley the rest sounds OK besides the fact that Wood was a starting center at Louisville for at least 2 yrs so why wouldn't you go with one of the higher Guard prospects in the draft and switch Wood to center ?? Just askin . But it definitely sounds like you would be a much better candidate for future coach than a certain BILLS FAN that has written other posts here !!!

I thought Gailey said at the breakfast thing in Buffalo today that we had 9 picks in the draft ?? Although i don't know much about Gibson or Shipley the rest sounds OK besides the fact that Wood was a starting center at Louisville for at least 2 yrs so why wouldn't you go with one of the higher Guard prospects in the draft and switch Wood to center ?? Just askin . But it definitely sounds like you would be a much better candidate for future coach than a certain BILLS FAN that has written other posts here !!!

Well I was thinking about moving Wood to center but I really like him at the Gaurd position. I dont think Wood would be able to hold is own against the likes of Wilfork and Jenkins throughout a whole game, but he can sure knock people on their ass while playing gaurd. Pouncey can come in and make an impact, and if Tebow does develop as I think he can it would be nice having his college center playing with him. I go to school in Ohio and can tell you many of my friends see Gibson as being a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but I think he will slip because he isnt as known as he should be. As for Shipley he had 13 TD's this past season and I believe he had 11 the season before and has been a very consistent reciever for the Long Horns over the past 4 seasons and I think he can come in and help on offense as a rookie.

According to the trade value chart - a #9 -is worth 1350

and a #13 is worth 1150

the 49ers 49th (#2 pick) is worth 420. Their #3, however, which is pick 79 is worth 195

Thus the trade would be Bills 1st for SF's 1st and SF's 3rd.

sorry to burst your bubble.

Mock drafts aren't worth the paper their printed on. Nor the pixels they light up on your screen.

Waste - of - time.

Rick Gosselin - Dallas News - is consistently the most accurate. His first (of three) mock drafts should come out in about 10 days.

Getting the first 4 picks correct is relatively easy. 5-10 are harder (especially when Oakland is picking!)

11-32 are indeed a crap shoot.

Dont be too brutal....

I'll try not to be too brutal :w00t:

1) I know that trading down seems to be everyone's favorite idea, but I really don't see it happening. Buffalo needs the best player available; we're not a good enough team to be picky. Similarly, there's absolutely no way SF, or anyone else, gives up a 2nd round pick to move up 4 spots in the first round, let alone to pick a player at a position at which they already have a starter and a backup. At best, Buffalo would get a 3rd to move down, and even then I think it's a long shot. Consider this: the attractive part of moving down is that you get additional picks and still get a quality player because of the relative depth of this draft class. Well, that works both ways, in that a team that may ordinarily look to move up will realize the depth of the class and offer far less, understanding that--if forced to stay put based on inflated demands from the team looking to move down--they can still get a quality player. If you ask me (and no one really ought to), the trade down scenario seems very unlikely.

2) I think we'll be lucky if Williams is still on the board at 9, let alone at 13. He's been a very good tackle, and his workouts confirmed what you see on tape: that he's got the footwork and agility to play LT in the NFL. Those guys tend to go high on draft day...I believe he's a top-10 pick (to either Oakland or Buffalo).

3) I've long been among the contingent that believes Tebow will be a 1st round pick...nothing that has happened to this point has changed my mind. However, if he's there, I think it's a great pick. He's very physically gifted, and the things he needs to improve can be coached. Further, no one will ever convince me that he won't be the hardest-working guy on the team.

4) Pouncey at 49 seems a real stretch. Again, I'm not trying to be adversarial, but from everything I've heard he's a borderline first round pick. A scout that I know personally told me (and take this for what it's worth since it's draft time and this particular person has absolutely no say over his team's draft board--he's just an area scout) that he's heard that the Colts are a serious player for him at the No. 31 pick, as is Arizona at No. 26.

5) If Thomas last to the 3rd, absolutely, but with so many teams playing a 3-4, and NTs coming at a premium, I think that Buffalo will need to pull the trigger on him at 41 if they want him. Miami, NE, Denver, SF, KC, Pit, GB, Bal, Ari, Dal, and NYJ all pick after we do in the 2nd, and all play the 3-4.

6) I'm not very high on Gibson, so where you have him going would agree with my assessment. :ph34r: That said, I think a lot of teams will see his on-field production, workout numbers, and perceived versatility and get excited. I'd be mildly surprised if he lasted past the 3rd round.

7) I heard Mike Mayock of NFL Network refer to Shipley as a 2nd-3rd round guy after Texas' pro day. Getting him at pick 140 would be awesome.

In total, I think you've targeted some very good players, but I think you're projection of where some of these guys will be drafted is--to put it mildly--wishful thinking.

Just my 1 cent.

Dont be too brutal....

Overall, Buddy would be lucky to duplicate your mock draft above, and I would feel very encouraged to have these guys coming in this season - especially Tebow. :thumbsup:

My latest using available players in each round according to DraftTek's ODS:

Trade Lynch for 3rd Rounder to Tampa Bay #67.

9 Bryan Bulaga LT

41 Cam Thomas NT

67 Jason Fox RT

72 Donald Butler ILB

107 Linval Joseph DE34

140 Ben Tate RB

178 O'Brien Schofield OLB34

192 Blair White WR

209 Zac Robinson QB

216 Chris Scott OT

I'd be for it, but I doubt SF will give up the 49th pick to move up 4 spots and dropping the 13th pick on Anthony Davis is too risky for my liking. I'd also be surprised to see Cam Thomas on the board that late, but I suppose it could happen.

I'd be surprised as well! Sometimes our dream drafts are just that! Often the Bill's dream drafts turn into nightmares real quick. For instance, Bryan Orakapo DE landed right in our arms and we instead picked Aaron Maybe Maybin the undersized DE who may be a LB this year...How about Chris Ellis DE 2 Yrs ago!! Another fine non-factor. Now this guy that posted the subject matter here hopes for Trent Williams...I read several NFL Draft magazines, did some research on-line which are the only tools at my disposal...and what I've learned is that he has a tendancy to take plays off and lack full effort at times.

Sounds a lot like another Williams we choose high in the draft several years ago!! This isn't my ultimate draft...It's not the worst, but I like Okung (which will be gone)...and then Bulaga next at that position. After that it's a crapshoot at the OT position IMO.

My latest using available players in each round according to DraftTek's ODS:

Trade Lynch for 3rd Rounder to Tampa Bay #67.

9 Bryan Bulaga LT

41 Cam Thomas NT

67 Jason Fox RT

72 Donald Butler ILB

107 Linval Joseph DE34

140 Ben Tate RB

178 O'Brien Schofield OLB34

192 Blair White WR

209 Zac Robinson QB

216 Chris Scott OT

I'm not sure Bulaga will be there. If he is he would be a terrific pick. The next ranked OT for us would be Trent Williams. In general, without gettting specific about a particular player, your draft emphasizes getter bigger over the small and quick mentality of the prior regime. That is the direction that the Bills need to go.

I'm not enamored with Lynch's attitude. But because of his prior suspension and the potential for an even greater suspension for another indiscretion he has lost a lot of trade value. My view on him is keep him, coach him up to stop the dancing around and hope that the change in regime will afford him the opportunity to take advantage of a clean slate.

Our drafting strategy has to concentrate on upgrading both lines. Your selections smartly demonstrate that point.

then you must be blind

Kubiak has spent his entire coaching career turning mid round picks into pro bowl RBs

and now he is going to give away picks to move UP for a RB

I don't think so

The same Kubiak also paid 25M for a washed up RB in Ahman Green to be his starter and cut him after a year....

Why would Kubiak be desparate to pay for a FA RB, when he could have converted a 4th round RB.