The Eagles reveal that it will take at least a top 42 pick

If all it would take is our second round pick to get McNabb, the trade should be done already.

I would drop everything to send them the 41st pick! This whole season is a complete waste without a QB. They can still draft a left tackle in the first, and even the "draft a 3rd round Qb"or "draft a QB next year" people are happy.

McNabb would make this team good enough that we would be able to evaluate the true needs of this team because they will be playing with an actual chance of winning, instead of going through the motions for the last 9 or 10 weeks of the season.

With a improved team, the Bills would be a much more desirable destination for any Free Agents in the future too.

I can't sit through this offense with the same QB's as last year, I don't care if we have the best left tackle in the league, it would still suck.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would drop everything to send them the 41st pick! This whole season is a complete waste without a QB. They can still draft a left tackle in the first, and even the "draft a 3rd round Qb"or "draft a QB next year" people are happy.

McNabb would make this team good enough that we would be able to evaluate the true needs of this team because they will be playing with an actual chance of winning, instead of going through the motions for the last 9 or 10 weeks of the season.

With a improved team, the Bills would be a much more desirable destination for any Free Agents in the future too.

I can't sit through this offense with the same QB's as last year, I don't care if we have the best left tackle in the league, it would still suck.

Amen to this post. Those against McNabb, let me ask you this: So, you want to keep the draft pick(s) and build the team for the future? How's that been working for you the last freakin' 10 years???? We've been "building for the future" with no success for the last 10 yrs!!! McNabb IMMEDIATELY makes this team better. He has to. Our current QBs are essentially career back ups.

Forget Mcnabb, In one year we will have a shot at Looker. Get the OT this year & QB next . This is a building process.

You want to bank on getting Locker next year?

Easier said than done, especially after the offense explodes with a 1st round rookie left tackle blocking for Trent "I just needed a 1st round, rookie left-tackle for my career to skyrocket" Edwards (we might have 10 wins and draft 20th, THEN WHAT?).

It's not going to be the same offense as last year genius, so you can step away from the ledge and put the gun down. And if we end up winning 2 more games thanks to Donny, we can kiss our high draft pick(Jake Locker) goodbye. Either we sign him for a long term, or we pass.

I agree with most of this post, but why be so quick to give up our 2nd rounder? The Eagles have to get rid of McNabb now. McNabb also has no incentive to sign an extension with the team he is traded too, especially with us or the Raiders. Rent him for a year for a 2011 conditional 3rd rounder that could climb to a 2nd or 1st rounder if we make the Super Bowl.

I wonder if the Eagles would take a 2nd next year, and a 4th to get it done

Think about this for a second. McNabb should have atleast 4 years left in the tank. He is the best QB option we have by far, and that's even if were able to draft Bradford or Locker next year. Those guys wouldn't be really ready for alteast 2 years.

You give us a legit QB, the Bills hit on their first 3 picks with starters...walking away with a starting LT, DT, and LB. The Bills are immediately contenders in the East. Gaily can still get his WR, HB, whatever depth he wants later.

Seriously, I would easily add a 4th to the deal if the Eagles would take the picks from next year. That would give us 3 years to find the right QB, not rush it, and be competitive in the mean time.

And for everyone who isn't a McNabb fan. Show me someone proven that's better and available. Don't give me this, Whitehurst crap or someone else you think can be good. McNabb can get his team to the playoffs. We haven't been their in a decade. The Philly fans are just like Bills fans were with Kelly...spoiled. Everyone was pushing him out for his interceptions in the playoffs, but we get rid of him and then what? We've been begging for him back ever since. I can't wait to see what Philly fans do when Kolb doesn't get them to playoffs.

Give them the picks and then some next year, promised McNabb a extra nice contract so he wants to come here. We have the money, we have the need. Just do it.

:doh:

Nobody could have said it better!

Good job Virgil! :blink:

When is the last time we picked a second rounder that is more valuable than McNabb is now???? For that matter when is the last time we picked a 1st rounder that is? A second rounder for a starting quaterback of that level is totally a no brainer.

So what's the use in drafting? Let's go the Charlie Casserly route and trade all our first round picks away since we'll ultimately just squander them. Past failures shouldn't set yourself up for future failures.

I'd do it...still pick up a stud OT in the first and Linval Joseph in the 3rd...doing this will of course put immense pressure on Maybin turning into a stand out OLB though...so it's a huge risk...one we dont HAVE to take, but I'd do it...I like D Mack...now I'd rather see Vick come to town though...I think he's got more left in the tank and would fit a Gailey Offense better...

I wonder if the Eagles would take a 2nd next year, and a 4th to get it done

Think about this for a second. McNabb should have atleast 4 years left in the tank. He is the best QB option we have by far, and that's even if were able to draft Bradford or Locker next year. Those guys wouldn't be really ready for alteast 2 years.

You give us a legit QB, the Bills hit on their first 3 picks with starters...walking away with a starting LT, DT, and LB. The Bills are immediately contenders in the East. Gaily can still get his WR, HB, whatever depth he wants later.

Seriously, I would easily add a 4th to the deal if the Eagles would take the picks from next year. That would give us 3 years to find the right QB, not rush it, and be competitive in the mean time.

And for everyone who isn't a McNabb fan. Show me someone proven that's better and available. Don't give me this, Whitehurst crap or someone else you think can be good. McNabb can get his team to the playoffs. We haven't been their in a decade. The Philly fans are just like Bills fans were with Kelly...spoiled. Everyone was pushing him out for his interceptions in the playoffs, but we get rid of him and then what? We've been begging for him back ever since. I can't wait to see what Philly fans do when Kolb doesn't get them to playoffs.

Give them the picks and then some next year, promised McNabb a extra nice contract so he wants to come here. We have the money, we have the need. Just do it.

No they are not a contender. They would sell some tickets though. McNabb would be this years T.0. At the most they win 5-6 games just enough to put them out of the running for the best two QB's in next years draft. This team is more than one successful off season from being relevant in the nfl.

Hey, I liked the offense with Bledsoe in there. We scored points.

What I didn't like was our inept coaching who couldn't make changes. We rocked for the first half, then the rest of the NFL made adjustments, like good teams are supposed to, and shut us down.

I've always believed that good coaches know how to do two things: Make halftime adjustments and make half-season adjustments. The NFL is smarter than most think. How many times do you see teams try the same thing game in and game out only to see their success fizzle. Ask last years Denver D.

This is all provided that he would sign an extension with us......

I WOULD trade our 2nd round pick for him......

- Draft Bulaga with the 1st rounder..........Bell backs him up

- Bring back Kendall Simmons.....from guard to guard I think we are going to be ok....we fixed these areas in LAST years draft. This by the way is something nobody is talking about......everybody says we are starting from scratch on our line but that is actually not true......Levitre was playing VERY well by seasons end. I think Wood will be back and you bring back Kendall Simmons for insurance. Hangarter starts another year at center.........

- I think we have guys who can fight it out for the RT spot but you also use a 1st day pick on another tackle

So maybe draft day looks like this?

1 - Bulaga

2 - traded for Donavan McNabb

3 - Cam Thomas

4 - RT

5 - Best player available

6 - Same

7 - Same

You keep our practice squad GB quarterback to groom

I would do this......we lost TO but we have a excellent pass catching TE in Shawn Nelson.......you have Lee Evans.....running game is solid........

Personally, I don't think the Bills should trade for McNabb, but it they did, if they could trade their 2nd rounder next year and trade their 4th rounder this year, like someone mentioned, I would be all for this.

With our 1st pick, however, I would try to help McNabb out and get him an offensive weapon by selecting either Dez Bryant or Spiller. Remember last year, McNabb pleaded with the Eagles FO to surround him with more weapons. They then drafted Maclin and Lasean McCoy. AFAIK, the 2 safest picks in the entire draft are Bryant and Spiller.

With our next 2 picks, I would select OT/DT or vice versa. I think Sergio Kindle would still be there in the 2nd round.

Of course the Eagles will take the 41st pick for McNabb. They know he is washed up. The guy has taken a beating over the last few years. This would be just the kind of stupid move the Bills would make. They have done it so many times over the last decade. DON'T DO THE SAME STUPID THING AGAIN!!!!! It doesn't work. The Bills are the example that proves it doesn't work. I thought they were going to build through the draft. How does giving up a potential long-term starter at a position of need for a washed up QB with nothing left in the tank help the team build? It doesn't. If they trade for McNabb, you know what the difference will be? 5 wins instead of 3. :blink:

I mean really? A proven starting QB or guys that may or may not work out? Even if these guys became the best at their position, how well did Haynesworth do for the Skins last year. How amazing was the 49ers with Patrick Willis.

We are talking QB here. Atleast 50% of our offense. We haven't had a qb in a decade. I'm tired of this drafting and hoping things work out at QB. We have failed at it way too many times

Terrance Cody must be the most overrated player on this board this year. I'm shocked at how many people are eager to snag him in the 2nd round like it would be a steal or something. Taking Cody with the 41st pick would be a humongous reach. If Cody couldn't keep himself in shape leading up to the Combine (the time when players are doing everything they can do to impress the NFL brass) what makes anybody think he'll take conditioning seriously once he gets paid. I wouldn't be comfortable gambling on an unmotivated, out of shape guy like Cody until at least the 3rd round, and that would still be reaching.

370 lbs. and soft has hell, we're talking very little muscle. He's got potential, but he really needs to shed another 20lbs. and hit the weights.

Of course the Eagles will take the 41st pick for McNabb. They know he is washed up. The guy has taken a beating over the last few years. This would be just the kind of stupid move the Bills would make. They have done it so many times over the last decade. DON'T DO THE SAME STUPID THING AGAIN!!!!! It doesn't work. The Bills are the example that proves it doesn't work. I thought they were going to build through the draft. How does giving up a potential long-term starter at a position of need for a washed up QB with nothing left in the tank help the team build? It doesn't. If they trade for McNabb, you know what the difference will be? 5 wins instead of 3. :blink:

A washed up qb who just had the 5th highest scoring offense in the league and 11th in yards. A qb who over the past 4 years, has not had an offense finish ranked lower than 17th in points or 11th in yards. Damn if that's "Washed up" how on earth would you describe the Bills.