The Eagles reveal that it will take at least a top 42 pick

I wonder if the Eagles would take a 2nd next year, and a 4th to get it done

Think about this for a second. McNabb should have atleast 4 years left in the tank. He is the best QB option we have by far, and that's even if were able to draft Bradford or Locker next year. Those guys wouldn't be really ready for alteast 2 years.

You give us a legit QB, the Bills hit on their first 3 picks with starters...walking away with a starting LT, DT, and LB. The Bills are immediately contenders in the East. Gaily can still get his WR, HB, whatever depth he wants later.

Seriously, I would easily add a 4th to the deal if the Eagles would take the picks from next year. That would give us 3 years to find the right QB, not rush it, and be competitive in the mean time.

And for everyone who isn't a McNabb fan. Show me someone proven that's better and available. Don't give me this, Whitehurst crap or someone else you think can be good. McNabb can get his team to the playoffs. We haven't been their in a decade. The Philly fans are just like Bills fans were with Kelly...spoiled. Everyone was pushing him out for his interceptions in the playoffs, but we get rid of him and then what? We've been begging for him back ever since. I can't wait to see what Philly fans do when Kolb doesn't get them to playoffs.

Give them the picks and then some next year, promised McNabb a extra nice contract so he wants to come here. We have the money, we have the need. Just do it.

I don't think McNabb's the miracle worker most of the board does, but we could trade our 2nd for McNabb, then trade down from #9 to get a late 1st and a late 2nd (provided there's a taker), draft a solid OT and NT in the first two rds. How would you feel about that?

ive always loved mcnabb. that being said, i would fear for his health unless we forgo the defense and draft some o-line prospects to keep him from getting killed out there. either way, we're not gonna be a playoff caliber team without addressing our defensive deficit. he's good, but he won't help our d (well, except for maybe giving them a bit of a rest by having some successful drives).

I'm really not a big fan of giving up a second for him. Offer a third rounder for him and if it's not enough then take a pass.

Thats the problem, without a decent QB, none of our WRs are taking any passes. We need a QB. If you can get a quality starter for a second round pick, what is the problem. I understand that he is nearing the end of the road and would be reluctant to sign a long term deal here. But thats up to Russ and Buddy to sell him that we are trying to win. Offer him a 2-3 yr ectension and promise that we will go LT in Rd1 and sign a FA wideout. Maybe he would want to play with Kevin Curtis again.

This just seems like a no brainer. 2-3 yrs of very good QB play for a #2 pick, sign me up.

Thats the problem, without a decent QB, none of our WRs are taking any passes. We need a QB. If you can get a quality starter for a second round pick, what is the problem. I understand that he is nearing the end of the road and would be reluctant to sign a long term deal here. But thats up to Russ and Buddy to sell him that we are trying to win. Offer him a 2-3 yr ectension and promise that we will go LT in Rd1 and sign a FA wideout. Maybe he would want to play with Kevin Curtis again.

This just seems like a no brainer. 2-3 yrs of very good QB play for a #2 pick, sign me up.

Do you think the Bills make the playoffs in the next 2-3 years with McNabb as a QB? If the answer is "No," then you go youth and hope for the best.

You underestimate the value of a high 2nd round draft pick.

And he would only be here for 1 year - McNabb is in charge here, and he will not be signing an extension to play in Buffalo.

If he didn't sign an extension they would not make the trade. The fact that people would rather have a pick than a top 10 QB in the league is beyond me. Way beyond me. There are DT's to be gotten in Round 3. They could get a LT in Rd. 1 or trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. McNabb is a real QB which the Bills haven't had in years.

You underestimate the value of a high 2nd round draft pick.

And he would only be here for 1 year - McNabb is in charge here, and he will not be signing an extension to play in Buffalo.

1.) Franchise tag

2.) Don't tell me he would not sign a 3yr extension if the Bills made a lucrative offer.

If he didn't sign an extension they would not make the trade. The fact that people would rather have a pick than a top 10 QB in the league is beyond me. Way beyond me. There are DT's to be gotten in Round 3. They could get a LT in Rd. 1 or trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. McNabb is a real QB which the Bills haven't had in years.

Exactly.

Enough already please. As any Bills fan who lives in the Philadelphia market can tell you, McNabb is clearly not the answer to a rebuilding team like the Bills. Without an offensive line, McNabb will be no better than Trent or Ryan. The guy is no longer mobile. When under pressure, McNabb's accuracy and decision-making skills are awful. We can not afford to give up a second or even third round pick for McNabb. I actually have faith that Buddy Nix and Chan Gaily will not let this happen. They have got to know that McNabb is not their savior. No, no, no.

This should be done. Mcnabb in not bledoe!!!

Isn't it funny how they chose #42 as the cut off, knowing we have #41.

I can't stand the Eagles when it comes to trades. Isn't the Jason Peters

thing still fresh in our minds. A Probowl LT for a late #1 and change.

They are the ones behind the 8 ball. They lose him next year if they do

nothing. Let the Raiders be the fools. McNabb probably wouldn't sign an

extension, so it would be a rental for 1 yr.

early 2nd round picks offer tremendous "value" (talent/salary).....both of last years 2nd round picks Byrd & Levitre have cap hits under $1 mil/yr. this years draft is even deeper in talent.

i'm not a fan of mcnabb, he doesn't want to be here anyways, besides his cap hit is $16.7 mil ( salary of $12.5).....not worth it.

i'd rather use $12 mil by signing more free agents and save the 2nd round pick for ourselves.

OK. Look at this way. Would you rather have McNabb or another player like: Byrd,James Hardy, Poz, Roscoe, Kelsay, Denney, Josh Reed.

The only one that is even a question is Byrd and it remains to be seen how good he can be. My point is that we don't have a history of ifnding difference makers in Rd2, even guys who can be differrence makers for a short period of time.

McNabb for a #2 would be great. Trading a #2 does not mortgage the future and it buys us a couple years to find a QB of the future. It also solidified the QB spot for a few years. McNabb is not elite anymore, but he is still way above anything we currently have or have had since Kelly.

I honestly don't even understand why anyone in there right mind would be against this.

Isn't it funny how they chose #42 as the cut off, knowing we have #41.

I can't stand the Eagles when it comes to trades. Isn't the Jason Peters

thing still fresh in our minds. A Probowl LT for a late #1 and change.

They are the ones behind the 8 ball. They lose him next year if they do

nothing. Let the Raiders be the fools. McNabb probably wouldn't sign an

extension, so it would be a rental for 1 yr.

I agree. This is hilarious seeing Philly botch this completely. At this point, I'd give Philly a conditional 3rd in 2011 that could become a 2nd rounder. Kind of like what the the Jets did with Favre.

OK. Look at this way. Would you rather have McNabb or another player like: Byrd,James Hardy, Poz, Roscoe, Kelsay, Denney, Josh Reed.

The only one that is even a question is Byrd and it remains to be seen how good he can be. My point is that we don't have a history of ifnding difference makers in Rd2, even guys who can be differrence makers for a short period of time.

McNabb for a #2 would be great. Trading a #2 does not mortgage the future and it buys us a couple years to find a QB of the future. It also solidified the QB spot for a few years. McNabb is not elite anymore, but he is still way above anything we currently have or have had since Kelly.

I honestly don't even understand why anyone in there right mind would be against this.

agreed, they might even win some games

I'm really not a big fan of giving up a second for him. Offer a third rounder for him and if it's not enough then take a pass.

When is the last time we picked a second rounder that is more valuable than McNabb is now???? For that matter when is the last time we picked a 1st rounder that is? A second rounder for a starting quaterback of that level is totally a no brainer.

Let's see. A number 41 pick...

Would you rather have McNabb or Terrence Cody? Cody.

Would you rather have McNabb or Jerry Hughes? Hughes.

Would you rather have McNabb or Brandon Spikes? Spikes.

Would you rather have McNabb or Charles Brown?

Would you rather have McNabb or Jared Veldheer? Push.

Would you rather have McNabb or Terrence Cody? Cody.

Would you rather have McNabb or Jerry Hughes? Hughes.

Would you rather have McNabb or Brandon Spikes? Spikes.

Would you rather have McNabb or Charles Brown?

Would you rather have McNabb or Jared Veldheer? Push.

None of these players would have the same effect in the next 3yrs as a HOF Quarterback. Not even close. I would take McNabb over any of these players in a heartbeat.

1.) Franchise tag

2.) Don't tell me he would not sign a 3yr extension if the Bills made a lucrative offer.

1.So we'll franchise a 34 year old guy who already doesn't want to be here and pay him $15M+ for it? :blink:

2. He would not sign an extension if the Bills made a lucrative offer. McNabb will not go to a rebuilding situation at this stage of his career, with our OL and WR's.

You either consummate the extension before the trade, or don't do it. McNabb knows this and has the leverage, and simply won't do it. He'll play out his contract and seek the big money next year, and with more control over his destination.

Enough already please. As any Bills fan who lives in the Philadelphia market can tell you, McNabb is clearly not the answer to a rebuilding team like the Bills. Without an offensive line, McNabb will be no better than Trent or Ryan. The guy is no longer mobile. When under pressure, McNabb's accuracy and decision-making skills are awful. We can not afford to give up a second or even third round pick for McNabb. I actually have faith that Buddy Nix and Chan Gaily will not let this happen. They have got to know that McNabb is not their savior. No, no, no.

Exactly.

Would you rather have McNabb or Terrence Cody? Cody. Maybe (And who says we can't trade back from the first and still geth him?

Would you rather have McNabb or Jerry Hughes? Hughes. McNabb

Would you rather have McNabb or Brandon Spikes? Spikes. McNabb

Would you rather have McNabb or Charles Brown? McNabb

Would you rather have McNabb or Jared Veldheer? Push. McNabb

I mean really? A proven starting QB or guys that may or may not work out? Even if these guys became the best at their position, how well did Haynesworth do for the Skins last year. How amazing was the 49ers with Patrick Willis.

We are talking QB here. Atleast 50% of our offense. We haven't had a qb in a decade. I'm tired of this drafting and hoping things work out at QB. We have failed at it way too many times

None of these players would have the same effect in the next 3yrs as a HOF Quarterback. Not even close. I would take McNabb over any of these players in a heartbeat.

If the Bills are dumb enough to make this trade without an extension, he will be a one year rental player. McNabb will not sign an extension with Buffalo to make a trade feasible.

If the Bills are dumb enough to make this trade without an extension, he will be a one year rental player. McNabb will not sign an extension with Buffalo to make a trade feasible.

I love how people can guarantee what will happen in the future. None of us have a clue if McNabb has any interest in coming here or whether he would or would not sign an extension. In most cases money talks. If we pay him, he will sign,

I do agree with the posters who say that they would not make the deal without an extesnion.

I don't think the Bills or any other team would make this move without an extension. And from McNabb's perspective, it doesn't sound like he will have the option of going to a good team. He options are limited to B-lo, Oakland and maybe St Louis or SF. I think it is a possibility that he comes here and signs an extension and I would be thrilled.

I love how people can guarantee what will happen in the future. None of us have a clue if McNabb has any interest in coming here or whether he would or would not sign an extension. In most cases money talks. If we pay him, he will sign,

I do agree with the posters who say that they would not make the deal without an extesnion.

I don't think the Bills or any other team would make this move without an extension. And from McNabb's perspective, it doesn't sound like he will have the option of going to a good team. He options are limited to B-lo, Oakland and maybe St Louis or SF. I think it is a possibility that he comes here and signs an extension and I would be thrilled.

I'm guaranteeing he doesn't sign an extension with Buffalo. Listening to Mayock on NFLN tonight, who is very familiar with the situation, only confirmed it for me. He won't go to a rebuilding situation, with no OL and no WR's. Come back and rub it in my face if he does, but I won't be holding my breath.

And I'm one of those guys saying if they do make the trade it must be contingent on an extension. See the catch 22? McNabb does have options and controls his destiny. Rather than finishing his career getting smeared behind the OL in Buffalo he will just play out his contract and find a better suitor who will pay him just as much.