McNabb to the Bills for Picks?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you say to swapping firsts, getting McNabb and giving up a 4th round pick?

Rumor is they dont want a first anymore...lowered asking price.

I'm all over a swap of firsts and giving up a 4th. Trent Williams could easily be there at Philly's pick, even with his good combine numbers. Here's a sim of the draft from DraftTek:

RD1 24 Buffalo Trent Williams OT (or Sergio Kindle, or Jerry Hughes)

RD2 41 Buffalo Koa Misi OLB34 Utah (or LaFell or Demarius Thomas WR or Ducasse OT/OG)

RD3 72 Buffalo Tyson Alualu DT (or Donald Butler ILB or TE Hernandez )

RD4 107 Buffalo In Trade For McNabb

RD5 140 Buffalo Lindsey Witten OLB34

RD6 178 Buffalo Vince Oghobaase DE34 (or 4.2 speed Andre Roberts WR or Micah JohnsonOLB

RD6 192 Buffalo Jeff Byers OC (or Clifton Geathers DE34)

RD7 209 Buffalo Kion Wilson ILB

RD7 216 Buffalo Travis Ivey DT34

And a DB.

per Jay Glazer on twitter:

Been on a plane, landed to this mcnabb mess. Bills and oak shown interest as have 2 others. Have told team no to trade 4 Kolb but will Don.

Also, the Rams have NOT offered their 2-rounder and Atogwe

Rams, owners of No. 1 pick, refute report they're pursuing Donovan McNabb

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100324/SPORTS...b#ixzz0j8mQyMpL

Rams general manager Billy Devaney called the report "absolutely false," telling the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "It's utterly ridiculous. I haven't talked to Philadelphia about any of their players."

From The Detroit News:

So much for Tim and Pat on Sirius.

per Jay Glazer on twitter:

Been on a plane, landed to this mcnabb mess. Bills and oak shown interest as have 2 others. Have told team no to trade 4 Kolb but will Don.

Also, the Rams have NOT offered their 2-rounder and Atogwe

Never a dull moment... Who is this mcnabb guy anyways?? I wish he were a little younger and it was 1999 again...

How do we build a new team by trading draft picks for a veteran QB??

I mean, sure, McNabb's a gamer but I just don't see how trading needed picks for a mid-30's QB will turn the fortunes of the team around.

I would trade Losman/McCargo/Whitner/Maybin for McNadd - thats 4 first round picks!

Draft picks are useless in the hands of our scouts (or are least were - maybe on the were) - trading them for proven veterans may be the best way to turn this team around.

Trade for McNabb, cut/trade Edwards or Fitz, keep Brohm as the Qb of the future to learn behind McNabb and focus the rest of your attention on other pressing needs. THE BILLS NEED A QB, they haven't had one since Kelly. McNabb may not be in his prime, but he is still in the top half of the league. If you can get him at a decent price, why would you pass it up? I see people recomending Culpepper and Garcia

I like the idea, but Philly does not have the bargaining power here.

As indicated in an article about this, they locked up Vick and think Kolb is the future. They will need to unload McNabb because he is going to want to be paid.

A 2nd is way too high for a 33 year old QB- even of McNabb's stature.

The highest I would go is a 4th. If that can't be done, then just hang tight because Philly is not going to keep 3 QB's on its roster of their caliber. If there are no takers, McNabb will be waived.

No to McNabb. We're a medical office, and just had a meeting with their head trainer. Rick Burkholder, and he said that they would know in the beginning of the week if McNabb was going to have a good game or not. He said with McNabb it was all mental. Things would get to him so easily that it would throw off his whole week and then the game. He is not a big game QB at all.

Trade for McNabb, cut/trade Edwards or Fitz, keep Brohm as the Qb of the future to learn behind McNabb and focus the rest of your attention on other pressing needs. THE BILLS NEED A QB, they haven't had one since Kelly. McNabb may not be in his prime, but he is still in the top half of the league. If you can get him at a decent price, why would you pass it up? I see people recomending Culpepper and Garcia

Not sure what the fascination is with Brohm by some folks on this board. All he has accomplished so far in his career is be the starting quarterback on a practice squad. I say trade for McNabb, keep Edwards, shitcan Fitz (he makes too much to suck that bad), trash Brohm (he will never get farther than being an unfinished project who was good in college) and take a flyer on a QB in the 5th or 6th round.

I like the idea, but Philly does not have the bargaining power here.

As indicated in an article about this, they locked up Vick and think Kolb is the future. They will need to unload McNabb because he is going to want to be paid.

A 2nd is way too high for a 33 year old QB- even of McNabb's stature.

The highest I would go is a 4th. If that can't be done, then just hang tight because Philly is not going to keep 3 QB's on its roster of their caliber. If there are no takers, McNabb will be waived.

Waive McNabb and keep Vick?

I would trade Losman/McCargo/Whitner/Maybin for McNadd - thats 4 first round picks!

Draft picks are useless in the hands of our scouts (or are least were - maybe on the were) - trading them for proven veterans may be the best way to turn this team around.

Nobody wants our garbage first round picks - because they have never been good players.

Bill's fans, on the other hand, are falling over themselves to get anyone who has been good at one time - even if they are on the downside of their careers - in the hope that they might have one or two good years left.

Let the Rams have McNabb. This would guarantee that one of the top two QBs would fall to us at #9. This team is not a past-his-prime QB away from contending. If a QB was the missing piece to what this team needed to get them over the hump (ie the Cardinals), I would be all for it, but there are so many question marks on this team.

McNabb is not as good as he was but he's still pretty damn good. Let's remember, how can you forget what we have been watching. We have holes on this team but a real NFL quarterback can make those holes smaller. Hell with descent qb play last year we are in the playoffs - with a poor run D....with safties playing LB....and truck drivers playing offensive line. Our line has to be better next year regardless of the quarterback and if our quarterback is better then +1. HE also can help Nelson come along and Hardy and Johnson develop our other QB's won't make others around them better and that's what we need right now.

Having said all this- nothing better than a two and Whitner or a 3 and Schobel

No to McNabb. We're a medical office, and just had a meeting with their head trainer. Rick Burkholder, and he said that they would know in the beginning of the week if McNabb was going to have a good game or not. He said with McNabb it was all mental. Things would get to him so easily that it would throw off his whole week and then the game. He is not a big game QB at all.

Yeah, his 216 TD's/100 INTS suggests that he is not a gamer. 50 Tds and 21 Ints combined the last 2 years suggests that he is washed up . He's 2nd all time in INT%. The Eagles are 73-39 in games that he's started.

Tell Burkholder that that he's a spoiled f*ck. I hope Kolb bombs, maybe then they'll appreciate what DM has done for that franchise. For God sakes, people act like Philly has won despite McNabb!