I have a feeling

I will bet money that Kiper and whatever draft gurus out there will ravage the Bills draft, no matter what we do.

PTR

Actually, Todd McShay said we had the best draft last year.

As for who we draft, all I know is it will be a player with at least 2 full years starting experience.

I have a feeling that Buddy Nix (who actually knows how to run a draft) is going to pick someone unexpected (DE, LB or RB) and fans (who actually don't know how to draft) are going to criticise him. Just a hunch.

I agree..My feeling is that they will draft Derrick Morgan DE (Georgia Tech). I have been reading up on Derrick Morgan in the Sporting News 2010 NFL Draft guide and next to DT SUH He was the highest rated player at 8.6. It talked about his strengths in each facet of the game. The one thing that I took from the extensive critique was that they failed to recognize any weaknesses in his game, character, work ethic, production, etc....It mentioned that he would be an excellent blitzing linebacker in the 3-4. I really didn't have him on my radar until I started to compare him against other players in the draft. For instance, T. Williams OT has some problems with his work ethic and can go through the motions at times. Do you want another guy picked high in the draft that is talented but has several of the same characteristics of Mike Williams? If SUH DT, OKUNG, BRADFORD, CLAUSEN, are all gone which I anticipate, then I think it's down to D. Morgan and C. Spiller RB

as the next two players to consider even though we don't really need a RB. I think with the Georgia Tech roots of the Bill's coaching staff, and the talent of Derrick Morgan DE that it will be a strong consideration of the Bills to draft him with our 9th pick. There are also a few other very talented players from G.T. That wouldn't surprise me if the Bills drafted them.

Demaryius Thomas WR and Jonathan Dwyer RB. I would also not be surprised to see the Bills move back a few spots in the draft. I think moving back slightly to the 10-16th pick range would not hurt them considerably as their are several talented players in the first couple of rounds this year. If we did I am not sure what just compensation would be but maybe we could pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round player out of the deal. I do like Brian Bulaga OT next best at his position. Even though he is ranked as the 3rd or 4th best OT I rate him 2nd at the position. He strong intangibles and a great character guy with an attitude similar to Clay Matthews from what I understand. I think he could be picked up in the 10-16th range without being much of a reach. Anyways, I'm looking forward to feedback and other ideas as I can't say for sure how things will or should go. Just ideas on my part! Happy Mock drafting out there! :thumbsup:

I think the Bills will do something unexpected. Trade up!!!

I think if the Bills move up, they move up and grab either Gerald McCoy or NDamukong Suh. Here is my reasoning: St Louis will take with the first pick Sam Bradford then Detroit gets a OT. Starting the chain of events. Here is my top 10

1. St Louis – QB Sam Bradford

2. Detroit – OT Russell Okung

3. TRADE Tampa trades with Buffalo. Tampa runs 4-3. They need A safety badly. We give them Whitner and we switch spots with them in the first. plus we probably give them a third round pick either this year or next. The Bills can take either Gerald McCoy or Suh. I'm thinking they get Suh. This will buy Chan Gailey some time in Buffalo and maybe get some fans in the stadium with this pick.

3. Buffalo – DT Ndamukong Suh

4. Washington – OT Trent Williams

5. Kansas City – DT Gerald McCoy

6. Seattle – RB C.J. Spiller

7. Cleveland – QB Jimmy Clausen

8. Oakland – OT Bruce Campbell

9. Tampa – WR Dez Bryant

10. Jacksonville – CB Joe Haden

I might be crazy, but I think everyone knows that Suh and McCoy are cornerstone picks. Why can't we get one of those guys. I'd like to see it.

No matter who the bills select no one will be happy anyway... That's how it is around here!!

When you have missed the playoffs for 10 years in a row do you really blame the fans for being dissatisfied with the product that they put on the field each year. I think the fans have endured many let downs over the years, not just with the Bills and losing SuperBowls, but with the Sabres as well. Yet, the great citizens of Buffalo and the outlining areas have

supported our teams wonderfully regardless. You see people wearing Sabres and Bills gear all over this area and for that manner when we travel to theme parks out of state. Buffalonians have also kept the seats pretty much full for many years and have actually been at or near the top in attendance at the Ralph on and off since it's existence. One other thing, being

knowledgable sports/hockey/football fans like we are...You will notice that we get involved and when we feel necessary

we whine about it, put up billboards or participate in whatever manner we feel inclined to show that how they perform matters to us, that the Bills are far more important to us than just being a sports team. They are part of us, our passion,

part of our heritage and community. We sing shout songs, eat chicken wings, and love our Bill's good or bad. But, we

don't willingly settle for mediocrity either! If the fans had the money necessary to sign players we would, to pick the best coaches, to keep all our games in Buffalo. Those things (the control part) are out of our hands. All we can do is hope, pray, carry on with our superstitions, and voice our happiness or disgust in the team's performace. We're not going to change for anyone or anybody including you, and if it bothers you too bad because like you said "That's how it is around

here!! and we love and support our Bill's with or without your approval! DA'Bills !!! Ready on 3...Let's Go Bills, Let's Go Bills, Let's Go Bills...Ba Ba Ba Ba Billlllllllllllzzzzzz!

:thumbsup:

I agree..My feeling is that they will draft Derrick Morgan DE (Georgia Tech). I have been reading up on Derrick Morgan in the Sporting News 2010 NFL Draft guide and next to DT SUH He was the highest rated player at 8.6. It talked about his strengths in each facet of the game. The one thing that I took from the extensive critique was that they failed to recognize any weaknesses in his game, character, work ethic, production, etc....It mentioned that he would be an excellent blitzing linebacker in the 3-4. I really didn't have him on my radar until I started to compare him against other players in the draft. For instance, T. Williams OT has some problems with his work ethic and can go through the motions at times. Do you want another guy picked high in the draft that is talented but has several of the same characteristics of Mike Williams? If SUH DT, OKUNG, BRADFORD, CLAUSEN, are all gone which I anticipate, then I think it's down to D. Morgan and C. Spiller RB

as the next two players to consider even though we don't really need a RB. I think with the Georgia Tech roots of the Bill's coaching staff, and the talent of Derrick Morgan DE that it will be a strong consideration of the Bills to draft him with our 9th pick. There are also a few other very talented players from G.T. That wouldn't surprise me if the Bills drafted them.

Demaryius Thomas WR and Jonathan Dwyer RB. I would also not be surprised to see the Bills move back a few spots in the draft. I think moving back slightly to the 10-16th pick range would not hurt them considerably as their are several talented players in the first couple of rounds this year. If we did I am not sure what just compensation would be but maybe we could pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round player out of the deal. I do like Brian Bulaga OT next best at his position. Even though he is ranked as the 3rd or 4th best OT I rate him 2nd at the position. He strong intangibles and a great character guy with an attitude similar to Clay Matthews from what I understand. I think he could be picked up in the 10-16th range without being much of a reach. Anyways, I'm looking forward to feedback and other ideas as I can't say for sure how things will or should go. Just ideas on my part! Happy Mock drafting out there! :thumbsup:

I have read just the opposite and heard just the opposite about Trent Williams. Anthony Davis is the one I've heard questioned about his work ethic.

I think the Bills will do something unexpected. Trade up!!!

I think if the Bills move up, they move up and grab either Gerald McCoy or NDamukong Suh. Here is my reasoning: St Louis will take with the first pick Sam Bradford then Detroit gets a OT. Starting the chain of events. Here is my top 10

1. St Louis – QB Sam Bradford

2. Detroit – OT Russell Okung

3. TRADE Tampa trades with Buffalo. Tampa runs 4-3. They need A safety badly. We give them Whitner and we switch spots with them in the first. plus we probably give them a third round pick either this year or next. The Bills can take either Gerald McCoy or Suh. I'm thinking they get Suh. This will buy Chan Gailey some time in Buffalo and maybe get some fans in the stadium with this pick.

3. Buffalo – DT Ndamukong Suh

4. Washington – OT Trent Williams

5. Kansas City – DT Gerald McCoy

6. Seattle – RB C.J. Spiller

7. Cleveland – QB Jimmy Clausen

8. Oakland – OT Bruce Campbell

9. Tampa – WR Dez Bryant

10. Jacksonville – CB Joe Haden

I might be crazy, but I think everyone knows that Suh and McCoy are cornerstone picks. Why can't we get one of those guys. I'd like to see it.

Either Nix or Gailey was saying during an interview a couple of days ago that they didn't know how rumors ever got started with D. Whitner in the first place and that he is a big component of their defense and that they are looking forward to him being a great part of the defense this year and that he is not being considered for any trades. So there goes that idea!! Sorry.....Also, I don't see the Bills trading up to #3 and if they did it would not be for a DT IMO. If they did trade up it would be for either OT Okung or one of the top 2 QB's if they were inclined to go after Bradford or Clausen. I don't think they will do that and give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick or more for doing so. I see them more likely trading down to the 10-16th range in the 1st and picking up B. Bulaga OT if they move at all. I don't like Trent Williams OT as he occasionally lacks work ethic and goes through the motions according to the sporting News. Sounds too much like Mike Williams.

I really think that the Bills have alot of interest in Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech...highly rated DE who is capable of playing rush linebacker in the 3-4 defense. Then trading away Aaron Maybin DE to Baltimore..from what I hear A. Mayin has been hanging around alot with Willis Mcgahee (Balt.) and it makes me say hmmmm? Good rumor...lol...probably little credibility though...Yeah, I would like to get Suh or McCoy as well though and even though I don't expect it I guess I would be happy with that as long as we don't give up way too much to get one of them.

As much as I think we NEED an OT...I believe you're right...GT roots...excellent player all around...great at what he does and a perfect fit for the new Defense...it would not be a horrible pick of course...the guy will be a phenom IMHO...I just think OT is the most important position to fill...

They have talked about Nix wanting a pass rusher and Morgan is ALL of that...

Nice post. You may be right.

I have a feeling that Buddy Nix (who actually knows how to run a draft) is going to pick someone unexpected (DE, LB or RB) and fans (who actually don't know how to draft) are going to criticise him. Just a hunch.

I will agree with him as long as he doesn't pick Bryant!

I could very much see that happening. My dark horses if they are available are Derrick Morgan and C.J. Spiller. I think Nix will pick the best player available. I trust him as a personnel man. Just say "NO" to Jimmy Clausen....I really, really hope they don't draft him.

I believe if their guy is not there, they'll move down... I truely believe they want Bradford or Okung... Maybe even Trent Williams... But, I have a hunch they will be active that day and even the days prior to the draft.. I am a Claussen guy, so I hope they go there, but I am very cool if they move out of 9 and go after Dan Williams or McClain, even Demaryius Thomas and pick up more picks in rds 2, 3, or 4....

I actually hope that they do take Morgan the more I think about it. I've read about him not being able to play OLB in a 3-4, but I've also read about him playing both OLB and DE in a 3-4. I like the look of him and the idea of getting a top notch pass rusher to pair with Maybin's potential. A lethal pass rush on defense covers up a lot of other deficiencies on a football team - even on offense.

People are going to criticize someone on this board... I can't believe it!

I actually hope that they do take Morgan the more I think about it. I've read about him not being able to play OLB in a 3-4, but I've also read about him playing both OLB and DE in a 3-4. I like the look of him and the idea of getting a top notch pass rusher to pair with Maybin's potential. A lethal pass rush on defense covers up a lot of other deficiencies on a football team - even on offense.

Amen brother. It worked for the G-Men against Gisele.. (I mean Brady)..

You will never, EVER find everyone on the board here to agree on ANYTHING. EVER! That's just the way it is and always will be.

2 quick points:

- the buccs will pass on McCoy and suh at #3 by trading down only over Dominik and morris' dead bodies.

- you've stumbled on a key TBD paradox: draft picks are absolute gold to the board until they are used to select a player. Then, subsequent player sucks.

2 quick points:

- the buccs will pass on McCoy and suh at #3 by trading down only over Dominik and morris' dead bodies.

- you've stumbled on a key TBD paradox: draft picks are absolute gold to the board until they are used to select a player. Then, subsequent player sucks.

I agree with both of these points. The three most ideal players for the Bills are Suh, McCoy, and Okung. Unfortunately all three will be long gone by 9 and a trade up would be costly.

I have read just the opposite and heard just the opposite about Trent Williams. Anthony Davis is the one I've heard questioned about his work ethic.

Well I only used one source for that info on Williams...The Sporting News draft guide. Can't say their word is gospel, but it's been pretty reliable in years past. Yeah, Anthony Davis is another one that I saw questionable comments about. Even something negative about B. Campbell..maybe he was undersized if I am remembering correctly? Anyways, the only two that stood out in my opinion based on what I read about was Okung and Bulaga...Okung had a overall rating of 8.6 I believe and Bulaga was rated at 8.0 but a little less than Davis, Williams, and maybe Campbell. But, for my money (not that it is..lol) I would either move up for Okung or a little bit down in the draft for Bulaga and pick up an extra pick if OT is the route we decide to go.

Yeah agreed...I am okay with that pick if they cannot get a top-flight OLT, QB, DT/NT that isn't a reach! I hope Maybin reaches his potential this year or at least shows it some of the time! If not, then trading him to Baltimore (since he's tweeting about hanging out with Balt's Willis McGahee in Miami!) sounds like an interesting option and maybe getting a 2nd round pick for him. This draft is stocked with a lot of potentially good players and I just am not convinced that Maybin will grow into his frame as much as the Bill's want him to! Being just a rookie last year his trade value hasn't been drastically altered quite yet, but another poor year and the Bill's wouldn't be able to get more than a 5th rounder for him next year if that. Hey I wonder if Baltimore has any extra QB's over there that they would swap for Maybin since they have their franchise guy??

The three most ideal players for the Bills are Suh, McCoy, and Okung. Unfortunately all three will be long gone by 9 and a trade up would be costly.

I don't agree. McCoy and Suh are DT's where I believe we have enough starting talent for now. McCoy is seen as a 4-3 DT. I understand that Suh is versatile, but I'm not sure he's the "ideal" 3-4 NT. They compare him to Richard Seymour.

They're great players don't get me wrong, but "ideal"? I don't agree with that definition.

My ideal draft would be to look back a year after the draft and find that we have three new starters. I don't care what position they're in. Some teams get as many as five out of a draft. That's the goal.