Can we finally call Matt Leinart a bust?

Doc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why finally?

He had football bust written all over him from the days of those shots with the hot tub.

People said he was young, and give him time... kinda like the Bills.

:w00t:

I believe the context wasn't so much about the hot tub as it was... is he taking his profession seriously? He's like a not-as-fat J'Marcus Russell.

Maybe he wouldn't have been a bust if the Cardinals hadn't yanked him from the lineup for poor play. A QB needs 4 years of uninterrupted starting before declaring him a bust. The Cardinals will be sorry when he goes and wins the UFL championship

Maybe he wouldn't have been a bust if the Cardinals hadn't yanked him from the lineup for poor play. A QB needs 4 years of uninterrupted starting before declaring him a bust. The Cardinals will be sorry when he goes and wins the UFL championship

I do believe that a QB needs three years before making an informed decision about them, but I think it's obvious that the Cardinals' lucked out when KW still had a couple of good years left. I think if Leinart was anywhere near as good as KW they would have started him. The signing of Anderson just finalizes the fairly obvious.

Where are all of the people who were yelling and screaming because the Bills didn't draft Leinart.

The Cards just signed Derek Anderson. Reportedly 2-years and $7.25M.

You concluded Leinart was a bust when he couldn't beat out Kurt Warner for the starting QB spot in AZ, chief.

Now your coming to the conclusion that he's a bust (again?) because they picked up the Browns backup QB?

So shall we start Edwards another year?....

I've been calling Matt a bust for two years now lol

Where are all of the people who were yelling and screaming because the Bills didn't draft Leinart.

Ask and ye shall receive:

You concluded Leinart was a bust when he couldn't beat out Kurt Warner for the starting QB spot in AZ, chief.

Now your coming to the conclusion that he's a bust (again?) because they picked up the Browns backup QB?

Actually I predicted he'd be a bust before he was drafted. So far he's done nothing to prove me wrong. And losing Boldin won't help at all, considering he couldn't do much with him and Fitz.

I'd say he's a bust the moment he actually loses the job to Anderson. Right now, he's just extremely risky. But losing your job to a Kurt Warner doesn't make you a bust. Trent Green was not a bust. Warner came in and played himself into the Super Bowl and perhaps even locked down a bust in Canton.

But that's over now. It's Leinart and Anderson. He's got only one chance left.

I'd say he's a bust the moment he actually loses the job to Anderson. Right now, he's just extremely risky. But losing your job to a Kurt Warner doesn't make you a bust. Trent Green was not a bust. Warner came in and played himself into the Super Bowl and perhaps even locked down a bust in Canton.

But that's over now. It's Leinart and Anderson. He's got only one chance left.

It seems to me that if the Cardinals had any belief that he was just a little below Warner's level they would have started him over Warner. The problem is that he isn't. http://www.nfl.com/players/mattleinart/profile?id=LEI453701

He should have taken the job from Warner by his second year and definitely by his third to justify his draft position and draft hype. JMO