Can we finally call Matt Leinart a bust?

Doc

Good luck, Arizona!

They went from the 2nd most accurate quarterback in the history of the NFL, to one of the least accurate.

If Anderson starts, next season is going to be difficult for Cardinal fans to watch.

A good coach there, so maybe he sees something others don't.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he wouldn't have been a bust if the Cardinals hadn't yanked him from the lineup for poor play. A QB needs 4 years of uninterrupted starting before declaring him a bust. The Cardinals will be sorry when he goes and wins the UFL championship

:w00t:

He hasn't played much, can't call him a bust until he actually plays in some game...

He lost his starting job to a future hall of famer, many Qbs would be second string to Warner, doesn't make him a bust.

See Aaron Rodgers.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Actually I predicted he'd be a bust before he was drafted. So far he's done nothing to prove me wrong. And losing Boldin won't help at all, considering he couldn't do much with him and Fitz.

It's amazing your keen eye couldn't spot the bust that was JPL--he couldn't beat out Holcomb or Edwards.

Anyway, a more accurate description would be "he's done nothing yet." Faulting him because he couldn't dislodge Warner from the starting position is the height of stupidity.

Which brings us to......

It seems to me that if the Cardinals had any belief that he was just a little below Warner's level they would have started him over Warner. The problem is that he isn't. http://www.nfl.com/players/mattleinart/profile?id=LEI453701

He should have taken the job from Warner by his second year and definitely by his third to justify his draft position and draft hype. JMO

Are you for real? You think that the Cards were going into each season with some sort of QB competition? Against Kurt Warner? And that if they had ANY belief that Leinart was "below" Warner's level, they should have started him?

Wow, that is certainly an interesting management strategy---starting the inferior QB solely to feel better about picking him in the first round. Maybe someone (not the Doc) should proof your "JMO" first.

It's amazing your keen eye couldn't spot the bust that was JPL--he couldn't beat out Holcomb or Edwards.

I never claimed I was infallible (ahem) when judging players. Especially QB's, who even pros can't evaluate correctly. I also never made the silly statement that because I didn't know who a player was before the Bills drafted him, he would be a bust. That's your schtick. But I'd take JPL's 2006 season over anything Edwards, Holcomb, and especially Leinart (who you "dropped your seed" over back in the 2005 draft) have done these past 5 years.

Anyway, a more accurate description would be "he's done nothing yet." Faulting him because he couldn't dislodge Warner from the starting position is the height of stupidity.

Yes, it would be stupid to fault him for not dislodging Warner. I fault him because he's "done nothing yet" in his time in the NFL, when he's had the chance to play. And he's had chances to prove himself. That's the reason the Cards haven't/won't name him the starter before training camp finishes, and instead signed a guy who's proven to be a 1-year wonder for $3.6M/year, to compete with him. And without Boldin, it will only be worse for him.

i wouldn't call him a bust yet....but there's still time.

he had a chance and wasn't ready or good enough. now he gets another chance.... we shall see.

based on what little i have seen him play.....he's not gonna get it done.

considering arizona didnt have another qb on the roster, no, signing DA doesn't mean leinart is a bust, if he gets pulled while healthy and DA takes over, then yeah you can call him a bust all you want

Take a look at this list of available QB's, who could be had for less (to be backups) than what they gave DA:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#players-tab-...tainer-position

Maybe he wouldn't have been a bust if the Cardinals hadn't yanked him from the lineup for poor play. A QB needs 4 years of uninterrupted starting before declaring him a bust. The Cardinals will be sorry when he goes and wins the UFL championship

Wear were you in the Trent Edwards discussions ???

Take a look at this list of available QB's, who could be had for less (to be backups) than what they gave DA:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#players-tab-...tainer-position

none of those guys would be a viable replacement if leinart falters either, matts the guy, but IF he sux, they got a backup plan, its competition, thats all

none of those guys would be a viable replacement if leinart falters either, matts the guy, but IF he sux, they got a backup plan, its competition, thats all

DA is a replacement? For $3.25M/year no less (Leinart is making $2.485M this year).