Kyle Williams should be traded

evilcape

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiment of most here....we have a "football player" who 'lacks' prototypical size but works his rear off and is a solid contributor. Why give that up? Mike Williams had "prototypical size" and we all know how that worked out. There is such a crapshoot in drafting/trading players and acquiring FA's. I firmly believe you hold onto what you know will work....even if 'she' isn't the prettiest girl on the block.

Just wondering what Bills fans think about this . Everybody is saying that Kyle Williams doesn't project well into our new defensive scheme . So I was wondering seeing as last year the Colts were willing to take McCargo from us last year for a draft pick , plus the fact that Williams is coming off his best year as a Bill and is still young enough to get some good mileage out of him should we see if and how many draft pick they meaning the Colts might be willing to give for Williams services so we could bolster our roster with more picks in this upcoming draft ?? Let the comments begin !!!

Just wondering what Bills fans think about this . Everybody is saying that Kyle Williams doesn't project well into our new defensive scheme . So I was wondering seeing as last year the Colts were willing to take McCargo from us last year for a draft pick , plus the fact that Williams is coming off his best year as a Bill and is still young enough to get some good mileage out of him should we see if and how many draft pick they meaning the Colts might be willing to give for Williams services so we could bolster our roster with more picks in this upcoming draft ?? Let the comments begin !!!

I'm usually not one of those guys, but wasn't this same exact post on here yesterday?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...+williams+colts

I wouldn't be opposed to trading K Williams as long as we got at least what he is worth to this team for him. To me that's two picks in the top 100 in this year's draft at the least. Or maybe a low first/top eight second plus a 3rd next year.

He's a good player, entering the prime of his career, signed to a reasonable deal, near Pro Bowler (now, but I expect him to get better), and is probably more well-regarded by FOs around the league than any fan. He plays every down and does so with leverage and has a quick first step. He could be a near dominant 3 tech in the right system. He was frequently the best player on the field for our poor defenses over the past few years, with or without Schobel in there. I would trade him because his talents would not be exploited to their fullest in our new system, but I still believe that he could play a very good role for us. Unfortunately, he does not take away the need for an NT and you can only pay so many guys at the same position.

Well there's fitting the scheme and then there's fitting the scheme. While it may be preferable to have the 2-gapping behemoth at NT, there IS a certain advantage at times in having a quick gap-shooter who plays with great leverage and strength and that's what you have in Kyle Williams. There's more than one way to play a 3-4 and I can see Williams being a good "change of pace" if you will. I'd also like to see what he can do in the pre-season relative to handling the 2-gap assignment. He may be better equipped than we think because he does have good technique. Regardless, we should keep him. He's one of our better players.

GO BILLS!!!

Id prefer to keep our best defensive player thank you very much.

PS - other than some fans on message boards... who exactly has said Williams doesnt fit our new defense?

I have to agree. He's tough, high energy and penetrating. There's gotta be a place for the guy.

Guest dog14787

PS - other than some fans on message boards... who exactly has said Williams doesnt fit our new defense?

+1

Instead, what do you think of trading Kyle Williams to the Colts for extra draft picks?

Kyle is to valuable to us. The idea is to improve the team not get rid of our best players. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to trade one our QBs and get a better one.

A lot of sports writers and articles i've read is where i have heard that , i like Williams and think like others have said he's a Bills type player but according to those in the know he's not the right size for NT ??