Kyle Williams should be traded

evilcape

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id prefer to keep our best defensive player thank you very much.

PS - other than some fans on message boards... who exactly has said Williams doesnt fit our new defense?

Some fans and the media speculation of course. Nix saying explicitly that he does fit is either his real thought on the matter or smoke-screening for trade leverage. I for one have absolutely no problem keeping the best defender on the team in the hopes that a niche is carved out for him. I was just saying that if we could get at least his value to the team or more in return for him, I would be open to it. It would most likely have to be a fleecing.

A lot of sports writers and articles i've read is where i have heard that , i like Williams and think like others have said he's a Bills type player but according to those in the know he's not the right size for NT ??

Some fans and the media speculation of course. Nix saying explicitly that he does fit is either his real thought on the matter or smoke-screening for trade leverage. I for one have absolutely no problem keeping the best defender on the team in the hopes that a niche is carved out for him. I was just saying that if we could get at least his value to the team or more in return for him, I would be open to it. It would most likely have to be a fleecing.

Exactly. Fans and sport beat writers just speculate while guys like Buddy Nix know. Sure a lot of fans/writers know more than others, but not always. Nix is quoted saying Williams is not the prototype NT in terms of size, but his skill sets is still very good for the NT position. He also said Williams will be playing at least some NT next season. Me personally, I think Williams is going to be a stud DE and could shift inside on passing situations. Thats where I believe we will see him next season.

At the end of the day, your NT needs to be able to take on 2 blockers and control the middle of the field. Who cares what the scale says if a guy can do exactly what is asked of him?

Kyle Williams is too good of a player to trade. He is the type of player you find a spot for, whether it would be as a DE or NT, hey maybe even safety (kidding)...hehehehe. This team needs as many good players as possible and Kyle Williams is a really solid player that has underrated physical ability.

Does anyone remember Jeff Wright? He was our NT after Fred Smerlas left. He was considered undersized for a NT, but did well. In fact, San Fran offered the Bills a 1st round pick for him, and we turned it down.

Kyle Williams could work in the 3-4 and be very productive. If we have creative defensive coaches, they could be able to devise a hybrid scheme that works around the strength of our players. That is what Wade Phillips was good at.

Thank you bb-gun---exactly what I was thinking. Only bring in another big fat guy to help him out. I've always thought that I'd rather have two guys like Williams on my team than none. He plays with everything he's got. And you've got to respect that.

Just wondering what Bills fans think about this . Everybody is saying that Kyle Williams doesn't project well into our new defensive scheme . So I was wondering seeing as last year the Colts were willing to take McCargo from us last year for a draft pick , plus the fact that Williams is coming off his best year as a Bill and is still young enough to get some good mileage out of him should we see if and how many draft pick they meaning the Colts might be willing to give for Williams services so we could bolster our roster with more picks in this upcoming draft ?? Let the comments begin !!!

This assumes that the Bills can make the full transition to the 34 next year. My layman's guess is that they'll go with more of a hybrid 43 to fit the personnel they have, unless they get, or someone emerges as, a true NT. In the 34 the NT has to be able to tie up two blockers on every play, unless it's an obvious passing down and the nickel package comes in.

Ideally you want a guy that's bigger than Kyle, but I think it's also about leverage. If he plays with good leverage and uses his motor to clog up the middle, he could play the position. But I would wonder if his body could handle the wear and tear of two 310+ linemen on him every game.

I would love to trade Kyle Williams. He's probaly one of the only players we could get anything in return for. I don't htink he fits into the 3-4 at all and is purely a 4-3 DT. We could maybe even get as much as a third rounder. Everybody keeps saying trade Lynch, but I don't see any takers. This team needs to stock pile picks as we have many needs and Williams being the best bait with no real place in the lineup besides rotational NT, I say go for it. I love his play in the 4-3 and would'nt let him go for nothing if we stuck wiht the 4-3.

I would love to trade Kyle Williams. He's probaly one of the only players we could get anything in return for. I don't htink he fits into the 3-4 at all and is purely a 4-3 DT. We could maybe even get as much as a third rounder. Everybody keeps saying trade Lynch, but I don't see any takers. This team needs to stock pile picks as we have many needs and Williams being the best bait with no real place in the lineup besides rotational NT, I say go for it. I love his play in the 4-3 and would'nt let him go for nothing if we stuck wiht the 4-3.

If all the Bills are getting is a 3rd rounder, why bother?

It wont be hard for him to put on 15 pounds to be a little harder to move around. Like others have said, he may not be a name like schobel or stroud, but he is our our best d-lineman out their during the majority of games.

I love kyle williams. He is a force in the tampa 2. Too small to play NT, and not fast enough to play DE. I think the Colts could realy use him and were willing to part with a 4th (?) for McCargo back in '08. This would be a very important piece of the defensive puzzle for the Colts and a fair trade if we swap a few latter round picks. Williams, our 3rd and a 6th for Colts 1st and third. Colts get a great player for their system, and we get an excellent draft pick to use on a NT or maybe LB.

Really? Most people want us to trade our players for a 2nd round pick.

I am sure Polian will jump all over this one. :rolleyes:

If you could get Indy to give the 31st pick for K Williams you make that deal and run like hell. In the 3-4 he plays 3rd and long at NT and maybe is in rotation at DE - while the 31st pick is gold in this draft - btw I got nothing against trading Stroud, Kelsey, Schobel, Lynch, Whitner, Edwards or Fitz too maybe even Evans.

I love kyle williams. He is a force in the tampa 2. Too small to play NT, and not fast enough to play DE. I think the Colts could realy use him and were willing to part with a 4th (?) for McCargo back in '08. This would be a very important piece of the defensive puzzle for the Colts and a fair trade if we swap a few latter round picks. Williams, our 3rd and a 6th for Colts 1st and third. Colts get a great player for their system, and we get an excellent draft pick to use on a NT or maybe LB.

Dude,

I don't mean to be cynical or rude, but Kyle Williams is not worth a 1st round pick in a trade. The Colts aren't going to part with a 1st and 3rd for a higher round 3 and a 6th round pick.

I wish it were so, but there are only a small percentage of players that a team would trade a 1st round pick for now, and Kyle Williams isn't one of them. Yes, he's talented and he no longer fits the Bills 4-3 defense, but I'd be ecstastic if a team gave us a 3rd for Williams.

That is much more realistic

to get a pro-bowl alternate at the money we are paying him in the prime of his career?!

Indy should jump at that opportunity, if available to them.

I would do it if possible, as I think Williams is too small for the 3-4. I seriously doubt Bill Polian would make that move though, he is maybe the only GM in the league that can build a consistent winner almost entirely through the draft, using free agency only for depth purposes.

Hey wasn't this post here yesterday ????