Andra Davis

Hopefully not Like Ellison does! That would be painful to watch.

PS Why was he let go in Cle? I thought I saw a thread saying he was released... anyone know why?

new management.. They're cleaning house... Davis isn't exactly a franchise LB either.. He'd be a solid acquisition for the Bills though...

It will be interesting to see if Poz moves outside.. I just don't see any of our current OLBs in a 3-4.. Maybin and Schoebel seem like the only fits on the whole roster..I'm concerned about the lack of athleticism.. None of them are fluid except for Harris and he's too small.. I have a feeling they begin with a 3-4 plan and end up actually in a 4-3 next year... move to 3-4 in 2011 (if there's a season)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could sure use Davis. Mitchell could be moved outside (strong side OLB) with Poz and Davis playing ILB while Schobel and Maybin share time at the other OLB spot.

That would be a pretty good group.

The Bills will still need to add some better big bodies on the D-Line. Getting a stud NT in the draft will be a must.

We could sure use Davis. Mitchell could be moved outside (strong side OLB) with Poz and Davis playing ILB while Schobel and Maybin share time at the other OLB spot.

The Bills will still need to add some better big bodies on the D-Line. Getting a stud NT in the draft will be a must.

I don't think Mitchell is a 3-4 OLB...At least not a starting one...I wonder if Mitchell is making too much to be the 3rd ILB, or the 5th LB overall...?

I don't think Mitchell is a 3-4 OLB...At least not a starting one...I wonder if Mitchell is making too much to be the 3rd ILB, or the 5th LB overall...?

I think Mitchell is safe for the time being.

If the Bills suddenly pursue an OLB in free agency (Porter, Ellis, etc) THEN Mitchell needs to go into full panic mode.

If they sign Davis, they should move Mitchell to weak side OLB. On the weak side is where he played well for the Giants during their SB season. Then find a strong side OLB from among Maybin, Schobel (if he doesn't retire), Ellis, or Harris.

He's been a very good pro and would be a nice addition. This is the type of player you should target in FA.

He's certainly worth a look.

BUF needs LB help - and it's not unusual to sign a FA and find out in camp that it isn't going to work out. I'm pretty sure that signing bonus $ depends on making the team. So you spend some (relatively small) cash up front. I'm a fan of bringing players in for a look-see.

Example: CIN needs wr help - Coles is gone (he commented on Palmer's high tosses after being cut - he was right. BTW, he was a terrific blocker for them. They might miss that, which is why I felt that they would have considered Josh Reed), they inked Matt Jones, Antonio Bryant, and a minor player named Chris Davis:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Beng...54-11fb2456c9cd

The guess is that Bryant sticks...Jones, this Davis? Who knows?

I'm a fan of bringing players in for a look-see. Bunches of 'em.

He's certainly worth a look.

BUF needs LB help - and it's not unusual to sign a FA and find out in camp that it isn't going to work out. I'm pretty sure that signing bonus $ depends on making the team. So you spend some (relatively small) cash up front. I'm a fan of bringing players in for a look-see.

Example: CIN needs wr help - Coles is gone (he commented on Palmer's high tosses after being cut - he was right. BTW, he was a terrific blocker for them. They might miss that, which is why I felt that they would have considered Josh Reed), they inked Matt Jones, Antonio Bryant, and a minor player named Chris Davis:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Beng...54-11fb2456c9cd

The guess is that Bryant sticks...Jones, this Davis? Who knows?

I'm a fan of bringing players in for a look-see. Bunches of 'em.

Agreed. We need more competition in camp. It makes better players.

Agreed. We need more competition in camp. It makes better players.

My impression is that in years past, BUF hasn't been very active in that regard. Perhaps someone will show up with numbers, Bills vs. other clubs..but that's my impression.

Bringing players in before the roster is set with signed players makes sense. Some $ has to be spent , but IMO, that's just one of the normal costs of NFL business.

He's been a very good pro and would be a nice addition. This is the type of player you should target in FA.

In honor of your avatar... I think Davis will come to town and sit to the round table with Overdorf and company, and when they slide the numbers over to him, he'll flip the table over, grab Overdorf by the collar and say "YOU LEADIN ME ON????!!!"

In honor of your avatar... I think Davis will come to town and sit to the round table with Overdorf and company, and when they slide the numbers over to him, he'll flip the table over, grab Overdorf by the collar and say "YOU LEADIN ME ON????!!!"

Awesome. :)

Hopefully, they sign him and he's screaming, "STARTING DEFENSE!!! PLACE AT THE TABLE" as he head butts car windows in the parking lot.

Awesome. :)

Hopefully, they sign him and he's screaming, "STARTING DEFENSE!!! PLACE AT THE TABLE" as he head butts car windows in the parking lot.

god I love The Program....needs a serious rewatching right about now...hhaha....good ole Lattimer (sp?)