Anyone buying an iPad?

stevestojan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft's Courier seems like a far superior device when you compare it to the Ipad. It actually has enough unique functions as to warrant a purchase over a netbook/laptop. I would definitely consider buying one for taking notes in college.

That looks nice

had little to no interest in getting one until the boss brought his in today. now im thinking about getting one when the next gen comes out. we run all of our apps through the web and they are so quick and easy to use with a touchscreen interface.

i WILL NOT get the 3G version though. eff AT&T and their crappy network.

eff AT&T and their crappy network.

I've never had a problem with their service. What is your specific gripe? I've heard in other cities and rural areas there are some difficulties but here in Rochacha, I've never had any issues.

I've never had a problem with their service. What is your specific gripe? I've heard in other cities and rural areas there are some difficulties but here in Rochacha, I've never had any issues.

My company just switched from T-Mobile to AT&T. I haven't noticed a difference between the two yet, although we've only had AT&T for a week or two.

IN MY OPINION, they seem equal.

Microsoft's Courier seems like a far superior device when you compare it to the Ipad. It actually has enough unique functions as to warrant a purchase over a netbook/laptop. I would definitely consider buying one for taking notes in college.

That's much more inline with what I was hoping/thinking the iPad would look like. However, unless I'm mistaken, that's still a concept device. Hence there's no telling what the actual production version will look like/be capable of. .

If the iPad had that functionality, I would have bought one.

That's much more inline with what I was hoping/thinking the iPad would look like. However, unless I'm mistaken, that's still a concept device. Hence there's no telling what the actual production version will look like/be capable of. .

If the iPad had that functionality, I would have bought one.

It's suppose to come out on mid-2010, so I doubt it will look much different than the product in the video.

My company just switched from T-Mobile to AT&T. I haven't noticed a difference between the two yet, although we've only had AT&T for a week or two.

IN MY OPINION, they seem equal.

Since "top cell carrier" varies from region to region, I should point out that I'm in Atlanta. However, Atlanta is an AT&T town in that they have a ton of offices here and are based out of this city. Even with that, their coverage and reliability is the worst I've ever experienced in my 10+ years of owning a cell phone.

I used to laugh at those dropped call commercials back when I was on Verizon. I used to think "Really? Who drops calls that often? What a joke" then I switched to AT&T.

When using my phone in Metro Atlanta, I can rarely get a call to connect. Sometimes having to try 4 or 5 times to get the call to go through. When it does, it drops if I move around. Sometimes, the call will connect with other conversations bleeding through as if we were using old wireless phones. When I try to surf the web, I often get the error message about the data network not being available. The AT&T tower near my house (right in the heart of Metro Atlanta) is often down, and when it is up, won't pass touchtones through to menus. The 3G is disastrously slow.

AT&T even admits it's network wasnt ready to handle the additional traffic the iphone put on it. It is also why they only recently opened up MMS messaging on the iPhone and why tethering STILL isnt available. They know it would absolutely destroy their already feeble network.

I never realized how spoiled I was when I was on Verizon. Fast, reliable service. It's a real 3G network.

When using my phone in Metro Atlanta, I can rarely get a call to connect.

Now that you mention it, I tried placing a call this weekend and I received the message, "Congestion," on the phone. I sent a text message instead, which was fine in that situation and I didn't really think twice about it. But I don't recall that ever happening to me on T-Mobile.

I'll have to keep an eye on that...

Now that you mention it, I tried placing a call this weekend and I received the message, "Congestion," on the phone. I sent a text message instead, which was fine in that situation and I didn't really think twice about it. But I don't recall that ever happening to me on T-Mobile.

I'll have to keep an eye on that...

its gotten so bad, there is actually an iPhone app called Mark the Spot which you use to generate a report from your phone to AT&T that marks down your exact location, and lets you choose which problem you experienced. so i get to download and use an app just to tell AT&T how badly their network sucks since they cant figure out how to fix it themselves.

im in the phone (VoIP) business myself and we've worked directly with AT&T recently on a couple projects, more specifically their field techs who work their cell network, and they are completely swamped under trying to fix the network here.

i think what really gets me pissed off is the amount they charge for their crappy service and how little Customer Service is willing to do about it.

And it just became the greatest device ever :thumbsup:. I just gained root access to my moto droid on verizon. Then I installed an app that allows you to use your droid AS A WIFI HOTSPOT!! I already pay for 5g/data before any of you do gooders want to call me out. I now have full Internet on the iPad without needing wifi and without at and freaking t.

And it just became the greatest device ever :thumbsup:. I just gained root access to my moto droid on verizon. Then I installed an app that allows you to use your droid AS A WIFI HOTSPOT!! I already pay for 5g/data before any of you do gooders want to call me out. I now have full Internet on the iPad without needing wifi and without at and freaking t.

Seems like that would make your DROID the greatest device ever. :flirt:

+1 for the iPad...

TSA: Apple iPad is airport security friendly

Well, even if you’re not some sort of big-shot with frequent flier status on multiple airlines, you’ll probably be glad to hear that the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) .... has announced that the Apple (NSDQ: AAPL) iPad is security-friendly. Unlike laptops, you can leave the iPad in its carrying case/sleeve/portfolio as they pass through the X-ray machine.

+2 for iPad

Hyundai Equus Comes Equipped with Apple's iPad

All those who purchase the Equss, Hyundai's latest offering and reportedly the company's answer to the luxury vehicles manufactured by Lexus, will not be finding an owner's manual anywhere in the car. Instead, with the aim to be more eco-friendly, the company has equipped the model with Apple's iPad. “Who reads a 300-page manual, anyway? Instead, they'll have a gorgeous color touchscreen loaded with the manual, as well as photos of the whole Hyundai line-up", said Chief Executive for Hyundai North America, Mr. John Krafcik.

Unlike laptops, you can leave the iPad in its carrying case/sleeve/portfolio as they pass through the X-ray machine.

That's not entirely accurate - there are some cases you can put your laptop/netbook in that TSA allows to pass through the Xray machine, and sleeves work as well.

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/simpli...procedures.shtm

I am not looking to get an Ipad but will be looking at a Mac Mini this evening. I finally started seriously playing with and learning about OS X on my wife's Mac Book. I know Windows 7 is supposed to be a huge step forward for Microsoft but man some of the features with OS X are just too cool to pass up.

I will likely partion the drive so I can run both OS X and Windows as my work has me absolutely tied to Windows. The only issue I have with Apple is that their monitors are very expensive (not that their machines are cheap). It just seems a shame to have to hook up something other than an apple peripheral but that is what I will do. I love dual monitors. and there is no way I will fork over that kind of money just to have an apple on them.

I ended up purchasing a 24" iMac. Cool machine ... wifey loves it so life is good. I ran Windows 7 on it with Parallels last night. Not everything functions the way I need it to for my investing research (I use some graphing and streaming information). Hypothetically, if I am running I.E. there should be no issues. Guess that means I will likely end up buying a new PC for myself at some point later in the year. Work issued me a new Dell ... nothing special.

While in the store I played with an iPad. Cool but IMO not worth the cost for what I would do with it.

love the apple products.

love the apple computer

especially love the ipod!

love itunes.

iplate

icalculator

ikeyboard

icar

ichair

i'll pass on some apple products. ipad being one of them.

by the way besides buying the media, whats wrong with itunes...