Brady Quinn Traded To Denver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Curious that there is a COMPLETE turnover, with Browns' fans keeping their fingers crossed on Delhomme...fingers, toes, eyes, etc.

Delhomme has a bad season last year.

Brady and Anderson have thus far had bad CAREERS.

Big difference.

Delhomme gives them a better chance at winning than either Brady or Anderson ever would.

That's not to say that either he or Wallace will lead them to the Super Bowl- far from it- but I think Delhomme, if he bounces back, can still produce for a year or two before calling it quits. That should give them some time to find their future QB.

At this point, you have atleast got to applaud Holmgren for making moves to better the team.

Well Ill be one to say that I expect Quinn to do very well in Denver. I wish we made a play for him considering the price. He easily could have been our starter.

On a second note, I like how Holmgren is being proactive in his attempt to fix the Browns. He is shipping their dead weight while we tender and pay roster bonuses to ours. Cant say Im too thrilled with our half dead FO.

Well Ill be one to say that I expect Quinn to do very well in Denver. I wish we made a play for him considering the price. He easily could have been our starter.

On a second note, I like how Holmgren is being proactive in his attempt to fix the Browns. He is shipping their dead weight while we tender and pay roster bonuses to ours. Cant say Im too thrilled with our half dead FO.

Completely disagree about Quinn, even at that price. I was terrified the Bills were going to make a play for him and then add a 2nd QB via the Draft, further complicating the QB position.

However, I too am envious of Holmgren's ability to get rid of the garbage. Wish we started doing that (Roscoe...Donte...Kelsay...looking at you guys).

Oh yeah, Quin would be a huge upgrade over Fitzpatrick or Edwards!? :thumbsup:

LMAO and you think it sucks to be a Bills fan? I mean the Browns suck and they sign Delhomme and drop both of their other QB's? Wow....

If nothing else, Mike Holmgren has proven he can spot, and develop, NFL caliber QB's. It isn't saying much for Anderson and Quin, if Holmgren would prefer to go with Delhomme, Wallace and a likely early pick QB...

Oh yeah, Quin would be a huge upgrade over Fitzpatrick or Edwards!? :thumbsup:

I didnt say huge, but he is an upgrade thats for sure. I think you will be surprised with how well he plays these next few seasons. As I said in another thread Quinn was not the problem in Cleveland. Having a good team and some good coaches will certainly help him. Holmgren went after a guy he knew and a quality vet and is dumping salary. Quinn is a casualty.

denver will have that commitment to the run with moreno along with marshall and moreno to throw to and quinn could really shine out there.

And add to it, the two best book end tackles to man that OL.....Kyle Orton found that he could make a career out of that OL and start 7-0 in the season.....I think Brady Quinn can do better. A very good fit for the system run in Denver.

Holmgren must've been really really really down on both Quinn and Anderson to pin his hopes on Delhomme and Wallace.

Well as they say...grass is always greener Unbelievable that all these do-nothing rethreads keep getting another shot with big bucks to boot.

From Mark Gaughan's "Inside the NFL" column in the Sunday Buffalo News;

3. Jake Delhomme made six turnovers in the Panthers' playoff loss to Arizona at the end of the 2008 season. Carolina still gave Delhomme a new contract with $20 million guaranteed. (It was worth $25.5 million over the first three years.) Delhomme promptly made six turnovers in Carolina's season opener and went on to throw a career-high 18 INTs. Carolina still owes him $12.6 million but cut him anyway, in part to take advantage of the salary dump in the uncapped year. He agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Browns. The Panthers have made the playoffs three times in seven years with GM Marty Hurney and coach John Fox running the show. The fact the NFL is facing the prospect of a lockout in 2011 might have helped them survive another year.

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/13/9869...change-has.html