Brady Quinn Traded To Denver

Nix was in SD those years. Unless I'm mistaken, he'll be the one pulling the trigger in this upcoming draft - for the first time in his career too.

This is where he could make a name for himself...starting right now. You would hope that he has been doing his homework.

Well Ill be one to say that I expect Quinn to do very well in Denver. I wish we made a play for him considering the price. He easily could have been our starter.

On a second note, I like how Holmgren is being proactive in his attempt to fix the Browns. He is shipping their dead weight while we tender and pay roster bonuses to ours. Cant say Im too thrilled with our half dead FO.

I agree 100%

Completely disagree about Quinn, even at that price. I was terrified the Bills were going to make a play for him and then add a 2nd QB via the Draft, further complicating the QB position.

However, I too am envious of Holmgren's ability to get rid of the garbage. Wish we started doing that (Roscoe...Donte...Kelsay...looking at you guys).

He is a steal at the price they got him for. And their are certainly a few players worse than Whitner and Kelsay for this team to get rid of. Youboty? Ellison? Schouman? Fitzpatrick?

LMAO and you think it sucks to be a Bills fan? I mean the Browns suck and they sign Delhomme and drop both of their other QB's? Wow....

I would be more confident if Mike Holmgren was in our front office. I would love for somebody to drop Fitz and Trent.

Oh yeah, Quin would be a huge upgrade over Fitzpatrick or Edwards!? :)

Didn't Quinn come into the Ralph and beat Trent on Monday Night Football?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a dumb draft pick to begin with for the Browns, #22 overall, and Quinn and co. were shocked he lasted that long and was not a top ten pick! I remember Quinn saying it didn't matter that he was drafted that late because in the years to come his success would prove that he was a great pick, etc.

Kind of makes me feel better about the Losman pick for us. Well, not really. We wasted a lot more time and hopes on Losman than the Browns did on Quinn. Holmgren knows how to evaluate QBs. I like to think Gailey and co. do as well, at least a lot better than anyone else in the last 10 years for the Bills.

Quinn has played 12 games in Cleveland. It's way too early to write him off, and Denver understands that. How will Cleveland (and you) feel in the future if two years from now Orton goes out for the season and Quinn comes in and plays great? Not saying it will happen, but I'm definitely saying it could happen.

missed field goals kinda sucked that game up for us. Just another monday night game we should have won.

I was at that game. Crazy game. Funny, 2 guys who TBD wants to throw out with the bath water came up huge in this game. Check it out too see who.

Quinn did benefit from 3 TE picks in the first 4 possessions and a 55 yard FG in the last 2:00. Then we get the ball back and get to 35 with 1:15 or so to play only to camp out and try a 47 yard FG and miss. This was the when I officially jumped off the DJ band wagon.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008111700/2...wns@bills/watch

The Clown have beat us in each of the last 3 years. I want to beat those guys really bad this year.

IMO-Once they decided to bring Mangini back as their coach, Holmgren would have to get rid of Quinn and Anderson. How do you coach a team when its obvious whichever starting quarterback you play you hate. I like Quinn, he didn't look good last year for sure but that was one really bad team and when the coach has no confidence in you it is not the greatest situation. That being said, Quinn had a shot to start and to show people more and he didn't, the last start I saw of his was a national TV game against Baltimore, the Browns and Quinn were brutal, Quinn looked like he had regressed drastically. Not the same type of confident player that played for ND.

I can't believe we lost to them last year.

Isn't Holmgren fairly well regarded as an evaluator of QB talent?

So how would one spin Holmgren deciding to trade Quinn away?

...or trading for Delhomme and paying him starter money.

I gotta think Holmgren has a huge crush on one of the QBs in this draft.