OMG! Anybody but THAT guy!!

When people make the comment "he's a winner", I don't think they mean it in terms of games won. A better word for what their trying to say is he's a leader. His supporters feel that he's a driven individual that you can't imagine failing.

That makes more sense but I still don't think Tebow makes it as a pro QB.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eric berry or joe haden....not that they aren't very good and deserving of a first round pick for someone who has the need....its just that we don't need them.

I'm a believer that LT is essential, but frankly I won't be too disappointed if they go for Orlando McLain or an exceptional Defensive Tackle. I think it would be a mistake to go for Clausen or Bradford, but I wouldn't cut my throat if we went for them. Tebow would be very very hard to accept as a #9 pick.

We have lots of good choices at 9. Somehow we have made too many bad choices so I don't want to jinx it by proposing an "ideal" bad choice.

I mean no offense, but YOU don't think Tebow makes it, or the media experts don't think he'll make it?? That is....if Mel Kiper had him as his #1 QB, would you feel different?

I'm aware of that.. they were the the guys I was hoping would fall to the Bills pick, prior to the draft.. Sadly, that didn't happen.

I wouldnt say sadly. I am glad WIllis got picked before the Bills pick, because the Bills WOULD HAVE PASSED ON HIM. Basically, I have decided its better for Willis to be picked before us, than to have Orakpo fall to us and we pass one him! :):lol::D:wallbash: :wallbash:

Well that's what makes the Tebow argument so ambiguous. There are two different realms of opinion about him. Those that think he can learn how to throw like an NFL QB because of his determination and because of his leadership will make it in the NFL. And those that think his leadership qualities just won't be enough to make him an NFL QB due to his lack of pure QB skill.

I'm of the thought that the leadership and determination is something that can't be taught, and he's not exactly a horrible QB, so he can learn the pro game, and become that franchise QB. But I do however understand the reverse argument, because I can certainly be wrong. Just that we haven't had a leader at that position since Flutie, and I'm desperate for that attitude of strength.

I know everyone has that guy they hope and pray falls to us at #9: Clausen, Okung, McClain, etc..

But, who's that guy that you'll just absolutely LOSE IT, if the Bills draft with our first pick? Someone who may actually go in the top 15 or so.. Mine is Dez Bryant. Would having a big, strong, physical WR be nice to have? Sure. but, not with your 1st rounder when you are starting full-on rebuilding mode.

Some of the guys from the past few drafts, I was praying the guys at One Bills Drive were going to pass up..

2009 - Maybin (wanted Orakpo)

2008 - Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas (wanted Sedrick Ellis)

2007 - Lynch (wanted Okoye or Patrick Willis)

So have at it, fellas.. Who's the guy that'll make ya throw your universal remote through your TV?

mine is bruce campbell with the #9 pick

anyone other than a QB or LT. Anything else at 9 would be drafting stupidly like Donahoe and Levy

I agree. The worst quote from Jauron of all his stupid quotes was that you could never have enough DBs. That may be true on some level but more true is you are only as strong as your weakest link. Having a team with substandard talent in many areas and a boat load of good DBs is idiotic. Still, somehow I trust Nix and co. to make a good call even if it turns out to be something other than QB or LT at number 9.

I want to add a player to my list. McLain. Not because I have anything against him as a player, but I hate the concept of using a top 10 pick on a linebacker. Despite the love affair with the position that a lot of people on this board seem to have linebackers are the easiest position on the defense to fill. You should not waste high draft picks adding them to your roster.

I mean no offense, but YOU don't think Tebow makes it, or the media experts don't think he'll make it?? That is....if Mel Kiper had him as his #1 QB, would you feel different?

None taken. Just my opinion from watching him play. Great athlete just don't think he is a pro QB.

ill admit it, i was really pissed off when the bills to jairus byrd with their 2nd round draft choice last year. i wanted everette brown, the defensive end out of florida state or william beaty, the offensive tackle from uconn. now that the season is over, im glad that buffalo chose byrd over brown for obvious reasons.

i almost broke my window when the bills selected aaron maybin (undersized linebacker) over brian orakpo (top rated defensive end and second best linebacker in the draft)

I'd have to say Spiller. If we take a freaking RB with that pick, I'm giving up.

I am on the oppisite side of the fence with you on this one. I understand your consternation in picking a running back. They truly are a dime a dozen. C.J. Spiller is a different cat all together though. 52 TD amazing statistic is that 21 were for over 50 yards. Football fast. I love Fred Jackson as much as any Bills fan. What a performance he put up last year. The only player in NFL history to rush for 1000 yards and return kicks for 1000 yards in the same season. Also he lead the league in total yards. I fear this is his last year to a a top flight player. He is 31 and he took a beating last year. He gets hit harder than most running backs. I also think Marshawn is part of the future of the Bills. I am not counting him out either. With all of that said. C.J. Spiller would be my pick at #9.

I know everyone has that guy they hope and pray falls to us at #9: Clausen, Okung, McClain, etc..

But, who's that guy that you'll just absolutely LOSE IT, if the Bills draft with our first pick? Someone who may actually go in the top 15 or so.. Mine is Dez Bryant. Would having a big, strong, physical WR be nice to have? Sure. but, not with your 1st rounder when you are starting full-on rebuilding mode.

Some of the guys from the past few drafts, I was praying the guys at One Bills Drive were going to pass up..

2009 - Maybin (wanted Orakpo)

2008 - Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas (wanted Sedrick Ellis)

2007 - Lynch (wanted Okoye or Patrick Willis)

So have at it, fellas.. Who's the guy that'll make ya throw your universal remote through your TV?

Eric Berry or McClain