OMG! Anybody but THAT guy!!

I'd have to say Spiller. If we take a freaking RB with that pick, I'm giving up.

I'm not saying this about you Faustus but a lot of people here refuse to criticize Al Davis for taking McFadden when he was already set at RB. I wonder how many of those people would be pissed if the Bills took Spiller? If they do take him and trade Lynch and he turns out to be an AP or CJ clone I wouldn't be that upset in the long run, but I would be on draft day.

Former Rutgers OT Anthony Davis is the player that comes to mind. Any QB outside of Clausen or Bradford.

#9 would be too early for Tenny DT Dan Williams, but I wouldn't freak out.

Bryant wouldn't make me freak out because I think he will be a player, but not the highest area of need. I would be disappointed, but not freaked.

A trade UP for a QB will make me freak.

A trade down in rd 1 where the Bills take a QB would make me freak.

I agree 100% with Dez Bryant. I might have to remove any objects capable of breaking my TV before the draft just in case that happens. :lol:

Dan Williams would only be two spots early, if you look at the draft that way. Miami is most likely gonna take him at #12 if he lasts that long. I would love to see Dan Williams as the first pick. #1 it's a position of need and he's the best NT in the draft. #2 it would keep him away from Miami. NT's are tough to find and getting one and keeping him away from a rival would be a good thing! :thumbsup:

Tebow.

:lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hate that comment. Winning at a big time college program does not mean much when it comes to being a QB in the NFL. He has some serious issues among most scouts.

When people make the comment "he's a winner", I don't think they mean it in terms of games won. A better word for what their trying to say is he's a leader. His supporters feel that he's a driven individual that you can't imagine failing.

Dan Williams would only be two spots early, if you look at the draft that way. Miami is most likely gonna take him at #12 if he lasts that long. I would love to see Dan Williams as the first pick. #1 it's a position of need and he's the best NT in the draft. #2 it would keep him away from Miami. NT's are tough to find and getting one and keeping him away from a rival would be a good thing! :thumbsup:

:lol:

Just because someone may take him at 12, doesn't mean that he's worthy of a number 12 pick. We took Whitner at 8 or 9, was he worth it? I fee that there are guys that are much better than him, that's why he isnt worth the pick

I remember back in 2007 (the year TSW lost due to crash :thumbsup:) somebody had posted a long dissertation on a particular QB and why he would fail in the NFL. This QB would turn out to be another Kyle Boller or Rex Grossman and the poster wanted nothing to do with that particular QB

That QBs name was Trent Edwards

When people make the comment "he's a winner", I don't think they mean it in terms of games won. A better word for what their trying to say is he's a leader. His supporters feel that he's a driven individual that you can't imagine failing.
That's exactly what I meant, and the Bills have no leaders on this team.

I like the list for the most part as far as priority. Iupati and Williams would be fine if we traded down then drafted them.

Yes I agree thats why they were last on my list. I personally cannot think of any players worth a 10-15 pick. There are 8-10 top guys and everyone else is a late 1st or 2nd round guy. I almost put B. Graham on that list because he is going to be great, but the value is not there.

I know everyone has that guy they hope and pray falls to us at #9: Clausen, Okung, McClain, etc..

But, who's that guy that you'll just absolutely LOSE IT, if the Bills draft with our first pick? Someone who may actually go in the top 15 or so.. Mine is Dez Bryant. Would having a big, strong, physical WR be nice to have? Sure. but, not with your 1st rounder when you are starting full-on rebuilding mode.

Some of the guys from the past few drafts, I was praying the guys at One Bills Drive were going to pass up..

2009 - Maybin (wanted Orakpo)

2008 - Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas (wanted Sedrick Ellis)

2007 - Lynch (wanted Okoye or Patrick Willis)

So have at it, fellas.. Who's the guy that'll make ya throw your universal remote through your TV?

Good Post! Well, I was so mad that we got Maybin and yes, I wanted B. Orakapo so badly! I also wanted Everette Brown

as well as he slid quite a bit in the draft..Didn't hear much about him last year so I guess he wasn't an

impact player.

I have to admit that I wanted at least one of those 3 receivers and leaned towards Malcom Kelly who was

the popular predicted pick for Buffalo at the time. I did not like the Bills picking Hardy at all!

Yes, I was on the Lynch wagon as he seemed like such a great running back and was talking about what

a momma's boy he was and how she would go wherever he went and making himself sound like a

former boyscout and a shoe-in for "Drink Milk" commercials. Boy, I was sure lured in like a lot of other

people by his b.s. and I wish he were gone! Go F. Jackson!!

So this year the player who would make me vomit would be the RB Spiller. I can't say I have vast

knowledge of him, but we have so many priority needs above RB and that is what was messing with

my head the other day when the Bills were one of two teams to give Spiller an independent workout

prior to the NFL Draft.

This year give me a OLT and a QB in round 1 and 2 in either order and I will probably be a happy camper

unless the player is a big reach! Get back into the 1st or 2nd and get us a NT/DT and I will scream with

joy, but at least get one in the 3rd if not.

I know everyone has that guy they hope and pray falls to us at #9: Clausen, Okung, McClain, etc..

But, who's that guy that you'll just absolutely LOSE IT, if the Bills draft with our first pick? Someone who may actually go in the top 15 or so.. Mine is Dez Bryant. Would having a big, strong, physical WR be nice to have? Sure. but, not with your 1st rounder when you are starting full-on rebuilding mode.

Some of the guys from the past few drafts, I was praying the guys at One Bills Drive were going to pass up..

2009 - Maybin (wanted Orakpo)

2008 - Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas (wanted Sedrick Ellis)

2007 - Lynch (wanted Okoye or Patrick Willis)

So have at it, fellas.. Who's the guy that'll make ya throw your universal remote through your TV?

Willis and Okoye were gone already in 2007

In 2008 the Bills passed on Deshaun Jackson in favor of Hardy. While the jury is still out on Hardy Jackson is a star.

Maybin has a chance to be great at OLB. You can bang on the FO for drafting him and thinking he can be a DE but in an assbackwards way it could work out great.

In 2010 the Bills have som many holes the only way they screw up the 9th pick is by taking Eric Berry, Tim Tebow, a CB or RB. Any player on the OL or DL or a LB is going to start day 1.

In 2008 the Bills passed on Deshaun Jackson in favor of Hardy. While the jury is still out on Hardy Jackson is a star.

Maybin has a chance to be great at OLB. You can bang on the FO for drafting him and thinking he can be a DE but in an assbackwards way it could work out great.

In 2010 the Bills have som many holes the only way they screw up the 9th pick is by taking Eric Berry, Tim Tebow, a CB or RB. Any player on the OL or DL or a LB is going to start day 1.

I'm aware of that.. they were the the guys I was hoping would fall to the Bills pick, prior to the draft.. Sadly, that didn't happen.

I'll be mighty disappointed if we take any of the QBs at #9. OT or DT is the big need right now. Next year will be better for QBs, I think. This wreck is not going to be rebuilt in a year, so build the foundation first, show improvement, and the fans will be there - the real ones, I mean.

Former Rutgers OT Anthony Davis is the player that comes to mind. Any QB outside of Clausen or Bradford.

#9 would be too early for Tenny DT Dan Williams, but I wouldn't freak out.

Bryant wouldn't make me freak out because I think he will be a player, but not the highest area of need. I would be disappointed, but not freaked.

A trade UP for a QB will make me freak.

A trade down in rd 1 where the Bills take a QB would make me freak.

I couldn't think of anyone immediately, Beerball, but then when I saw yours, I said "Oh, yeah." No LT Davis, please. No Tebow in the first either, but that's not going to happen.

Unlike you, though I wouldn't mind a trade up for a QB.

Yup. Parcells always says about the draft, "I want a beaver." Tebow is a beaver in the Parcells sense, and a natural leader too. I'm not sure he's a quarterback, and I sure as hell don't want him in the first, but I like him.

Jackson is a small receiver ala Lee Evans. The Bills were looking for a big receiver because their receiving corp was so small and they wanted a big target for the endzone. IIRC, it takes big receivers a little longer to acclimate to the NFL game. Hardy has not been a bust yet by far. His injury makes me give him a pass. With TO brought in last year there was no reason to rush him back. This year is the defining year for him. This is put up or shut up time for him.

I couldn't think of anyone immediately, Beerball, but then when I saw yours, I said "Oh, yeah." No LT Davis, please. No Tebow in the first either, but that's not going to happen.

Unlike you, though I wouldn't mind a trade up for a QB.

IMO, the Bills can't afford to trade up this year for anyone, they need every pick they have or more. I don't see anyone that will be gone in the top 8 worthy of a trade up. Bradford and Clausen aren't worth it, IMO. I think it's more important to grab a LT and a NT before a QB. This is one reason why I'd love to see LeFevour last until the Bills pick in round 3. The reason I say a LT and NT first is because I believe that keeping the QB protected and keeping the score low is the best way to groom a new QB. The protection thing I think is obvious and the low scoring thing is to keep him from feeling overwhelmed if the team gets down 17 points. If the score can be kept close it helps the team pull out wins and builds the youngsters confidence. JMO

Yup. Parcells always says about the draft, "I want a beaver." Tebow is a beaver in the Parcells sense, and a natural leader too. I'm not sure he's a quarterback, and I sure as hell don't want him in the first, but I like him.

:)