UPDATE: San Francisco based Bills/Sabres fan dies suddenly

The Dean

It just occurred to me that a few here have met and drank and laughed with one of my very best friends, and my surrogate little brother, Andrew Miller. He was a semi-regular at the North Star for many years. He would come there, usually late, with his Jets fan wife Chris.

If you watched games at the Star over the past 15 years or so, you probably have met Drew Miller. He was a big, silly and affable lug and one of the nicest souls you can imagine.

This past Monday Drew went to the gym during his lunch break (something he did on a regular basis) and suffered a massive and fatal heart attack. He was 47 years young. His life may have been short, but it was very full and productive. He left behind the wife/girlfriend/companion of his entire adult life, Chrissy.

I believe Chris will be a the North Star on Tuesday to watch the Sabres game and celebrate Drew with some of his Bay Area friends. If you knew him, or know Chris, you may want to stop by and have a drink. I wish I could be there, too.

North Star Event has been cancelled.

It just occurred to me that a few here have met and drank and laughed with one of my very best friends, and my surrogate little brother, Andrew Miller. He was a semi-regular at the North Star for many years. He would come there, usually late, with his Jets fan wife Chris.

If you watched games at the Star over the past 15 years or so, you probably have met Drew Miller. He was a big, silly and affable lug and one of the nicest souls you can imagine.

This past Monday Drew went to the gym during his lunch break (something he did on a regular basis) and suffered a massive and fatal heart attack. He was 47 years young. His life may have been short, but it was very full and productive. He left behind the wife/girlfriend/companion of his entire adult life, Chrissy.

I believe Chris will be a the North Star on Tuesday to watch the Sabres game and celebrate Drew with some of his Bay Area friends. If you knew him, or know Chris, you may want to stop by and have a drink. I wish I could be there, too.

I'm at a loss.

I'm at a loss.

Aaron, I just PMd you. The North Star celebration is off for this week. Some complication in this week's plans forced them to have to rethink the idea.

I will send along your sympathies, and Lauri's, to Chris.

Anyone else who really knew Drew and Chris and wants to send their condolences, PM me.

:) I'm really sorry, Dean...that is way too young for anyone to be leaving this earth....I will keep his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP Drew