Two things the team should have done at the end of last year.

1. Remove Brandon as GM and hire a guy with a lot of NFL success in the draft.

2. Clean house and hire a new HC with a new coaching staff.

:wallbash:

So people get that and then continue to biotch. Is there anyone out there who wanted that and that is happy now? I know I am. They don't need to sign FA's they need to draft well and I trust they can do that, especially after last years draft.

There are too many people who will never be happy unless the Bills win the SB every year and that's just not gonna happen. People wanted a new direction and now they have it, but many think they could do better after 3 months. :huh:

So people get that and then continue to biotch. Is there anyone out there who wanted that and that is happy now? I know I am. They don't need to sign FA's they need to draft well and I trust they can do that, especially after last years draft.

There are too many people who will never be happy unless the Bills win the SB every year and that's just not gonna happen. People wanted a new direction and now they have it, but many think they could do better after 3 months. :huh:

I can see it now.

We may have won the SB but we lost 3 games this year and that is not acceptable we need a real GM.

Yessir...

:worthy:

Close but not quite. This is what a the people want.

1. Hire a big name GM or someone from a front office of a good team

2. Hire a big name Coach or someone we heard of from a team in the playoffs

3. Sign big name Free Agents but only from good teams that we see on TV.

4. Trade all our whipping boys (Whitner, Kelsey, Schobel, Lynch, and Edwards to name a few) , each for a 2nd round draft choice.

5. Never sign players from bad teams.

6. Draft only players that the guys on TV or the internet say are good.

7. Never listen to or show any respect to Ralph Wilson. Even though he is the owner the owner that kept the team here for 50 years, he is old and therefore knows nothing.

That about covers it.

This is my FIRST POST on TBD....I am just the silent guy that reads all of the posts and sits back and ponders. And believe me ....you guys have put a lot of stuff up here to ponder about over the last few years. But I have to eventualy come out of my shell......so here it is.......THIS GUY IS RIGHT!!!!!! SIT DOWN, QUIT BITCHIN, AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO!!!!! We asked for a change and we got it! Until the games are played and you "EXPERTS" have enough time to evaluate the team, SHUT UP, and at least let them try to build a team. I have been a devoted Bills fan for over 20 years, and I have been through all the SB's, and all the other heart-wrenching **** they have put us through. We have been through enough ****, if you LOVE the Bills, stay here, if not.....see ya!!! I'm tired of all the negativity!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!

I am happy and excited to see what happens...I just am not feeling too optimistic right now with Cornell Green as our starting RT. We already went wrong once taking an OT from the Raiders to be our starter.

I think there are moves to be made...I just hope this is part of our plan. Wait until the rush is over and the second wave of free agency begins...get bargain players who can be key role players on our team. We need leadership above all else!

4. Trade all our whipping boys (Whitner, Kelsey, Schobel, Lynch, and Edwards to name a few) , each for a 2nd round draft choice.

7. Never listen to or show any respect to Ralph Wilson. Even though he is the owner the owner that kept the team here for 50 years, he is old and therefore knows nothing.

That about covers it.

You are close too, but it is actually these things that most fans want:

1. Hire a PROVEN WINNER as a head coach, not someone who comes cheap.

2. Hire a GM who has been a GM, and has a track record of success as a GM, not as someone's assistant-assistants don't make decisions-they assist!

3. Sign a few free agents who are quality players, not necessarily the big time money players, but not below average players with history of injury, not only on the down side of their careers but almost to the bottom of that side of the hill, maybe a little history of experiencing winning would help too. In other words, don't base your free agent signings on who is the cheapest-go for quality once in awhile. Don't make one move a year, for the sole reason of selling tickets (see T.O. last season).

4. Show some respect to the owner when some respect for something he has done in the last 20 years warrants it. When he shows some respect to the fans who put their hard earned money into tickets, memorabilia, jerseys, etc. by trying to put a winner on the field and not more cash in his wallet, then in turn show respect back to him. Show some respect to him when he quits assuming that Bills fans are stupid and will continue to fill the stadium for a terrible product.

5. Bottom line is, for over a decade, tons of Bills (including myself) have went into training camp with optimism that this is the year it will turn around. This is the year that the team puts it together for Ralph, he deserves it. Well, after this long, now it is time for Ralphy and the boys to give us a reason to be optimistic after years and years of false hope. When they show me that things are turned around for real, and not just because they hired a new coach and GM, how many times over the past decade or more have they done that, with no changes in result, my optimism will return. I will always be a die hard Bills fan, but that doesn't mean I can't live in the real world, and not be a sucker for every little, and I mean little, move Ralph makes.

That about covers it.

It does indeed - thank you, well put!

That about covers it.

So if 1-7 dont happens, is that when the "I Quit The Team" Posts come about...

2. Hire a GM who has been a GM, and has a track record of success as a GM, not as someone's assistant-assistants don't make decisions-they assist!

3. Sign a few free agents who are quality players, not necessarily the big time money players, but not below average players with history of injury, not only on the down side of their careers but almost to the bottom of that side of the hill, maybe a little history of experiencing winning would help too. In other words, don't base your free agent signings on who is the cheapest-go for quality once in awhile. Don't make one move a year, for the sole reason of selling tickets (see T.O. last season).

4. Show some respect to the owner when some respect for something he has done in the last 20 years warrants it. When he shows some respect to the fans who put their hard earned money into tickets, memorabilia, jerseys, etc. by trying to put a winner on the field and not more cash in his wallet, then in turn show respect back to him. Show some respect to him when he quits assuming that Bills fans are stupid and will continue to fill the stadium for a terrible product.

5. Bottom line is, for over a decade, tons of Bills (including myself) have went into training camp with optimism that this is the year it will turn around. This is the year that the team puts it together for Ralph, he deserves it. Well, after this long, now it is time for Ralphy and the boys to give us a reason to be optimistic after years and years of false hope. When they show me that things are turned around for real, and not just because they hired a new coach and GM, how many times over the past decade or more have they done that, with no changes in result, my optimism will return. I will always be a die hard Bills fan, but that doesn't mean I can't live in the real world, and not be a sucker for every little, and I mean little, move Ralph makes.

+500

This is what people were actually saying. Not just to change some faces, but bring in some proven people who have fixed franchises in the past. You know, like Ralph promised.

FAIL POST

Were you complaining about Dockery coming in? Was he cheap?? Did you see how he played when here? Do you understand the DC fans are thrilled to have him back and view him as their top OL? Was signing Walker the same year cheap too?

Wilson wants them to win. He's tried a few different approaches (respected outside expert Donoschmoe, old friend Levy).

Now he's hired Nix who is something in between - hopefully the best of both worlds - a guy with a good pedigree of success who earned some trust spending one season inside the organization last year.

What "proven winner" HC are you referring to? Shanahan and Cower were offered plenty of money by all accounts. They didn't want to live in Buffalo. Ralph isn't responsible for the community, he is responsible for being willing to make less money than he could be by keeping them in Buffalo. Gailey is a proven winner - just not a big name the talking morons on TV were going to hype for you. Rather than count on them for facts, I looked them up myself.

Gailey makes his teams better, nearly every time. He had one stint as an NFL HC and his team was much better with him for two years than the periods before and after. I can think of no better measure of an HC's impact, and see no reason why he can't be expected to do the same here.

Ralph's doing what he can to win. If you want to complain that he blew it 20 years ago losing his temper and letting Polian and Butler go, fine. Since then, sticking with Jauron, bringing in Levy and Donohoe, changing the uniform colors - those were mistakes, but I don't see any reasonable proof they weren't well meaning mistakes.

I wouldn't trade Ralph for Dan Snyder in a hundred years - and Danny boy down here in DC is all you need to know that spending money is no cure for anything in the NFL.

+500

This is what people were actually saying. Not just to change some faces, but bring in some proven people who have fixed franchises in the past. You know, like Ralph promised.

And that person or persons would have been...?

You should line up with DarthICE while he explains WHO the QB is lying around out there we are supposed to get to save the franchise.

FAIL POST

Were you complaining about Dockery coming in? Was he cheap?? Did you see how he played when here? Do you understand the DC fans are thrilled to have him back and view him as their top OL? Was signing Walker the same year cheap too?

Wilson wants them to win. He's tried a few different approaches (respected outside expert Donoschmoe, old friend Levy).

Now he's hired Nix who is something in between - hopefully the best of both worlds - a guy with a good pedigree of success who earned some trust spending one season inside the organization last year.

What "proven winner" HC are you referring to? Shanahan and Cower were offered plenty of money by all accounts. They didn't want to live in Buffalo. Ralph isn't responsible for the community, he is responsible for being willing to make less money than he could be by keeping them in Buffalo. Gailey is a proven winner - just not a big name the talking morons on TV were going to hype for you. Rather than count on them for facts, I looked them up myself.

Gailey makes his teams better, nearly every time. He had one stint as an NFL HC and his team was much better with him for two years than the periods before and after. I can think of no better measure of an HC's impact, and see no reason why he can't be expected to do the same here.

Ralph's doing what he can to win. If you want to complain that he blew it 20 years ago losing his temper and letting Polian and Butler go, fine. Since then, sticking with Jauron, bringing in Levy and Donohoe, changing the uniform colors - those were mistakes, but I don't see any reasonable proof they weren't well meaning mistakes.

I wouldn't trade Ralph for Dan Snyder in a hundred years - and Danny boy down here in DC is all you need to know that spending money is no cure for anything in the NFL.

I agree on Wilson. I actually think that he had good intentions with both Phil Donahue and Marv Levy. He did open his checkbook for Marv's FA's. Marv just completely dropped the ball on personnel and player selections.

I disagree on Gailey. I believe that he has a track record of every team he's been with improving after he leaves. With as bad as Juaron and Co. were, I actually feel that the new staff is a downgrade.

Well, I'm not sure stupid is the word I would use. Loyal to a fault maybe. But they have shown they will fill the stadium no matter how terrible the team is, or how long it has been terrible. So it is safe for the Bill FO to assume the stadium will continue to be full those 8 ... err ... 7 home games.

:unsure:

There are too many people who will never be happy unless the Bills win the SB every year and that's just not gonna happen. People wanted a new direction and now they have it, but many think they could do better after 3 months. :lol:

If they won the superbowl people will still B word. I have found most bills fans to be the most miserable people on the planet.

I disagree on Gailey. I believe that he has a track record of every team he's been with improving after he leaves. With as bad as Juaron and Co. were, I actually feel that the new staff is a downgrade.

Your beliefs and a feelings notwithstanding, his one NFL HC experience is a documented fact.

Cowboys immediately before Gailey became HC: 6-10 remnants of the aging super-bowl teams

Cowboys with Gailey as HC: 10-6, 8-8

Cowboys immediately after Gailey was let go: 5-11, 5-11, 5-11 - three straight seasons of worse records than even Bills fans have had to suffer recently.

That's not opinion - except for the part about Aikman/Smith/Irivin getting old - it's fact. His one chance at being an NFL HC his team did much better then before or after.

He gets grief about mediocrity as the HC at Georgia Tech. Maybe he's not a strong recruiter - fortunately that's not part of his job here. That they hated him for never beating Georgia is comical - GT has rarely beaten Georgia.

I'm not quitting anything. That's not my nature. But anyone who doesn't know (regardless of what happens in the draft) that this team is destined for 4th place in the AFCE is beyond help.

I was just keeding, i know they wont be so good next year either, but right now they are my pre-season pick to win teh super bowl, just like they are every year. Ignorence IS bliss

FAIL POST

Where did you read that? I remember reading somewhere that he was as $hitty there as he was here.

I agree on Wilson. I actually think that he had good intentions with both Phil Donahue and Marv Levy. He did open his checkbook for Marv's FA's. Marv just completely dropped the ball on personnel and player selections.

Phil Donahue? :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sAhbvTBWfc

FAIL POST

Now that, after 15 days of FA are over and the Bills have signed 3 is anybody any happier. :ph34r: