Why are so many people assuming....

that the bills will be " one of the worst in the league" or " awful to watch" or " horrible" etc.. I have read so many threads and comments that the bills will be horrible next year that it is actually starting to piss me off a little. If you have no optimism or passion, then please don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with you. Way too many negative threads and comments. I know that it is impossible to regulate it, but it is so darn irritating. You don't have to be a blind optimist, but at least try not to put a negative spin on everything, guys. :beer:

that the bills will be " one of the worst in the league" or " awful to watch" or " horrible" etc.. I have read so many threads and comments that the bills will be horrible next year that it is actually starting to piss me off a little. If you have no optimism or passion, then please don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite.

We sucked last year. We are not getting any reinforcement while other teams in our division are. Is it optimism you are talking about or blind hope?

We sucked last year. We are not getting any reinforcement while other teams in our division are. Is it optimism you are talking about or blind hope?

What do you mean we are not getting reinforcment? Buddy, its only been three days into free agency, and theres still over a month until the draft.

I haven't been on this board for more than a year or two, tops. Also, I've only been a fan of the Bills for twenty years, so I haven't lived through all the dry decades. I think what makes it hard on fans now is that the ownership is certainly going to pass over in the near future, in recent years we've seen free agents come in and leave without contracts, followed by talk that players don't really want to come here, sprinkled in with a T.O. signing last year without any plan on how to get this high priced talent the ball - the franchise as of last year was a total mess, and now we've got guys that could potentially turn it around but they seem to want to do it the old fashioned way (i.e. a few years of drafting), but, many fans wonder if it isn't Ralph being reluctant to spend on F.A.'s. The hard part is we just don't have a clue as to what we have, and we haven't had a team identity in almost a decade. That's gotta make dishing out season ticket money difficult, when the F.O. - which has apparently been o.k. with mediocrity for the last four years or so, at least, doesn't seem to be making attempts to get any better. Teams like N.E. and the Jets are trying to get better - and yet they're close to winning a Super Bowl, and a free agent or two might make the difference... at least, that would be one line of reasoning. Another would be Rex Ryan went to the Jets last year and turned around a team in a year, and the dolphins did it a year earlier. What's hard for fans to accept with positivity is that the Bills are apparently poised and ready to sit back and see what they've got, play out the coming year with uncertain roster spots, and go from there in 2011. I guess the real question is, is there a way we could have gone from what we had last year to a super bowl contender in one year, if we were willing to spend and wheel and deal?

Thanks for the lecture but if you don't mind, the rest of us will just keep on exercising our free speech as we see fit, whether that be to praise the team or complain about the team.

If you are so hopelessly optimistic and that out of touch with reality that you actually think the Bills are going to be good this year, then please "don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite."

If you are so hopelessly optimistic and that out of touch with reality that you actually think the Bills are going to be good this year, then please "don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite."

I don't know if the Bills will be good next year or not and neither does anyone else. Like the other person said, it's only 3 days into FA. I don't think the team was as bad as some think last year. We split with the team that went to the AFC championship. We could have won a few more if our coach wasn't a moron and if we had any kind of offense.

Even without a huge improvement in personel, our offense should be quite a bit better. Our defense could get better too. We should get an impact player at #9. I don't think I have rose colored glasses, but if we can make some personel improvements and the ball bounces our way some next year and we don't get bit by the injury bug again, we could be jockeying for that last playoff spot come late December/early January. I'd be happy with that.

Thanks for the lecture but if you don't mind, the rest of us will just keep on exercising our free speech as we see fit, whether that be to praise the team or complain about the team.

:wallbash: .................... :beer:

We were 6-10 and in most games. You people talk like we were 3-13 and getting blown out every week. Believe me I understand your frustration I am frustrated as well. Who has been signed that would have improved this team without mortgaging the future. Do you guys want one good year or a good 5-10 years. I talked to a high ranking official in my church today and he reminded me that patience is one of the most importabt qualities we have. We make less mistakes this way, problems are resolved instead of being compounded.

I haven't been on this board for more than a year or two, tops. Also, I've only been a fan of the Bills for twenty years, so I haven't lived through all the dry decades. I think what makes it hard on fans now is that the ownership is certainly going to pass over in the near future, in recent years we've seen free agents come in and leave without contracts, followed by talk that players don't really want to come here, sprinkled in with a T.O. signing last year without any plan on how to get this high priced talent the ball - the franchise as of last year was a total mess, and now we've got guys that could potentially turn it around but they seem to want to do it the old fashioned way (i.e. a few years of drafting), but, many fans wonder if it isn't Ralph being reluctant to spend on F.A.'s. The hard part is we just don't have a clue as to what we have, and we haven't had a team identity in almost a decade. That's gotta make dishing out season ticket money difficult, when the F.O. - which has apparently been o.k. with mediocrity for the last four years or so, at least, doesn't seem to be making attempts to get any better. Teams like N.E. and the Jets are trying to get better - and yet they're close to winning a Super Bowl, and a free agent or two might make the difference... at least, that would be one line of reasoning. Another would be Rex Ryan went to the Jets last year and turned around a team in a year, and the dolphins did it a year earlier. What's hard for fans to accept with positivity is that the Bills are apparently poised and ready to sit back and see what they've got, play out the coming year with uncertain roster spots, and go from there in 2011. I guess the real question is, is there a way we could have gone from what we had last year to a super bowl contender in one year, if we were willing to spend and wheel and deal?

Paragraphs are your friend.

We were 6-10 and in most games. You people talk like we were 3-13 and getting blown out every week. Believe me I understand your frustration I am frustrated as well. Who has been signed that would have improved this team without mortgaging the future. Do you guys want one good year or a good 5-10 years. I talked to a high ranking official in my church today and he reminded me that patience is one of the most importabt qualities we have. We make less mistakes this way, problems are resolved instead of being compounded.

Don't try to talk common sense. That ain't so common in these parts. People would rather whine about everthing they

know about or don't know about and put down their own city. Let the grown people have the conversation and leave the criers to themselves.

Believe me, you "love it or leave it" types are just as annoying... Everything is so simple to you... So let me get this straight, we should get behind the team, shut up, and give our glorious leader Master Wilson our earnings with no questions asked..? No need to make the organization accountable, no indeed...

There is a big difference between passion and optimism... Everyone who is posting here and watching this team has passion for the Bills, otherwise they wouldn't bother. The reason we are not all blindly optimistic is because we have followed this team over and over and seen the exact same tendencies... Recent history does not lie... This team has been subpar compared to actual playoff teams over the last decade.. Not horrible, mind you, but below-average... As usual, we as Bills fans get our hopes up hearing about interviews such as Cowher and Shanahan... or maybe, if not them, the top coordinator who is ripe for a HC gig... But when the press conference comes introducing our new team leader, we get names like Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey out of left field for the customary $3 million a year... They promise us successful schemes like the Cover-Two defense where they need to draft 3 DBs per year and midgets with speed... while neglecting vital areas like OT or DT... Or how about bringing the No-Huddle back? Yeah, that lasted... We're gonna sign T.O. for 1 year, but completely re-arrange the OL due to our lack of draft picks there and have Langston Walker play out of place at LT... Then, when we realize what everyone else already knows we'll cut him to save money. Forget that he could have gone back to RT... This is the type of logic we continue to deal with, but we should just shut up and be good fans and take it up the ass... sure...

I'll tell you where I have a little optimism... Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley... Buddy seems to have been a good scout and did well helping AJ Smith in San Diego... They have a good track record in the draft... Hopefully, he will draft enough good players over the next couple of years, that Gailey won't be able to screw it up with his playcalling... However, Nix is 70 years old and has never been a GM, which takes more skills than just drafting players... We'll see...

I'll continue to give my honest opinion on this team regardless of whether its "loyal" or not... Of course, that's not gonna do much in the way of influencing Ralph Wilson... Believe me, he could care less about our opinions... Where he starts listening is when his pocket book is affected... That's it... But I'll keep giving my opinion, regardless of whether he hears or not and regardless of the loyalists who follow blindly, thanks...

Yes, sir. We'll be sure to adopt your opinion as our own and do exactly whatever you would like us to do, despite not knowing you or anything about you, and despite your position making little or no sense.

Would you like us to buff up your shoes also?

What do you mean we are not getting reinforcment? Buddy, its only been three days into free agency, and theres still over a month until the draft.

Blind hope, obviously. It's actually nice that he answered you so clearly.

Anyone figuring a team with holes at LT, QB, NT, WR and two OLBs, which is also switching to a different defense for which it does not have many good fit to be good, is somewhere on the scale between bonehead and optimist on laughing gas.