Derek Anderson

He most likely will be released before Friday. He stunk it up last year and part time the year before. but he is only 2 years removed from an amazing season of 29 TD's and almost 4,000 yards on a really bad team. I don't know much about him, but could he be resurrected in B-Lo?

Based on what the Bills currently have on the roster, Anderson would be an upgrade. How much, I'm not sure. Don't know how really strong his arm is and how durable he is. He will have some suitors if he is released.

He most likely will be released before Friday. He stunk it up last year and part time the year before. but he is only 2 years removed from an amazing season of 29 TD's and almost 4,000 yards on a really bad team. I don't know much about him, but could he be resurrected in B-Lo?

He is not the answer but he is an upgrade over what we have. Chances are we are not going to get a Franchise QB this year, It may be best to sign a guy like Anderson, Thigpen, Troy Smith and let them compete with Brohm, Edwards, or maybe a rookie.

One season wonder, Pass!

Derek Anderson has a very strong arm and is generally very accurate throwing downfield. He can really throw some strikes. His problem is he has little or no touch on the short passes and is prone to "oopsie" passes where he throws right to a defender.

Average ability shown to read defenses. Great speed for a tall, white guy. Some talk about a fragile psyche. Never really given a long term commitment to be "the man" in Cleveland. Could have significant upside with more playing time and coaching. Could also be about as good as he's ever going to be.

My opinion about Trent Edwards is that he's done. PTSD from constant hits have ruined his ability to make aggressive decisions downfield.

From that perspective I'd sooner take a chance on Anderson and get rid of Edwards if the price is right. DA has shown some ability to deal with bad offensive lines in front of him.

All this being said I think the 2010 Bills will be a mess for most of the season. Put Fitz back there (at least he knows how to play even if the athletic ability is lacking) and draft your franchise QB to learn the ropes.

When I think of DA, I remember the guys on Sirius saying that a team that needed a QB would be much better off giving up a 1st and a 3rd for DA than drafting a rookie. Now, that was after his big season, but he has done it in the league before.

Bear in mind that, after his big season, major changes were made in Cleveland including a new system and the fire sale (or suspension) of most of their offensive weapons (Winslow, Stallworth, Edwards, Jurevicious).

He may be better than you think. Anyone but Tony Pike!!

If we are going to rate how DA compares to our guys on potential, here is how I see it:

DA > Trent

DA > Fitz

DA < Brohm

I think DA has a lot more upside than Trent or Fitz...thats not because I think the world of DA, thats just how little I think fo Trents and Fitzys chances of becoming a consistent and competent QB in this league. DA has had about as crappy of a situation in Cle as the Bills QB's have had. One week hes the guy, the next week its someone else. Yo Yo treatment.

He atleast went out and put up a Pro Bowl year when he had some wepons. Is he a one year wonder, possibly. But atleast he has proven the ability to do it once, and if a competent coaching staff (Mangini is a moron) can get their hands on him maybe they can fix his flaws and get him back to a high level of play.

Trent and Fitz have never been good ever in the NFL, not once. I dont know about Fitz, but Trent wasnt even good in college. So, neither has ever proved anything close to indicating they can be a legit starter in this league.

Brohm on the other hand is still a mystery with lots of upside. I think he has more upside than DA of course too.

So, I actually would see DA as an attractive option to bring to camp to battle it out with Brohm for the #1 spot. If DA wins the job, he could be a good stop gap while we try and develop Brohm behind him. If neither improves this year, we go after a QB in the draft next year as we are likely top 10 draft pick again if our QB position sucks again like the last few years...

He is not the answer but he is an upgrade over what we have. Chances are we are not going to get a Franchise QB this year, It may be best to sign a guy like Anderson, Thigpen, Troy Smith and let them compete with Brohm, Edwards, or maybe a rookie.

He is Thigpen 2 years from now.

His 3 completions in the last game at Buffalo is enough to tell me he is not what we want.