Denney, Reed, Owens are done in Buffalo

Lori

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, this is just the way Bills fans send off everybody. TO's effort was just fine while he was here. The theory that he was dogging it on the field was well ingrained in many minds before he even put on a uniform.

You are wrong there, he did at time display pathetic effort. If a ball is interecepted right in front of you, you as a receiver have the responsibility to try to tackle the defender with the ball, not throw your hands up in the air and moan because it was a bad pass. Everyone knows we didn't have very good QBs last season, but any QB throws passes that aren't right in the numbers all the time, and in those instances, it is the receivers job to still make a professional effort to try to catch it, T.O. often didn't put forth that effort. If anything was ingrained in peoples minds before he got here it was that he was going to blow up, which to his credit he didn't. T.O. has always been known for two things negaitves, running his mouth and dropping way too many balls, he only did one of those things his one and only year for the Bills.

Nah, this is just the way Bills fans send off everybody. TO's effort was just fine while he was here. The theory that he was dogging it on the field was well ingrained in many minds before he even put on a uniform.

Really? Maybe in your universe. In mine, our T.O. would not run routes, short arm passes, and worst of all, not fight for the ball, letting DBs get interceptions. We could have used the Terrell Owens you watched.

PTR

With Reed and Owens on the way out, the folks who want to see what Hardy and Steve Johnson can do may get their wish

i would like to see them get some reps, but not as the 2. Would like a proven vet to come in for the 2, and if one of them can beat him out then fine, but dont like the idea of handing job to either of them, think one of them would have to earn it. They both are better suited for the same spot the Evans plays however dont see either of them winning that spot.

Neither have very good short area quickness, or can go over middle at this point, so would need to either get a 3rd down type, or rely on the TE or Roscoe to fill those needs.

Really? Maybe in your universe. In mine, our T.O. would not run routes, short arm passes, and worst of all, not fight for the ball, letting DBs get interceptions. We could have used the Terrell Owens you watched.

PTR

No you're right I didn't see those things. I know of a couple plays that a few observers questioned his effort coming back for the ball. Of course that was up for personal debate and many posters felt it was much to do about nothing. Count me in the latter group. The picture you paint is about as foolish as you holding the Bills accountable for not pulling the trade with the Ravens that you heard about on the internet. :rolleyes: Both points are lame and unfounded.

Fan-favourite who sold a lot of jerseys. Season ticket holder here and when he made a play, the Ralph went nuts. It was loud. He brought excitement.

I will agree there are a lot of fans who get more out a game when they have a celebrity on their team. I'm weird though. I like players who play hard and want to win.

PTR

With TO gone, the team hiring a 70 year old first time GM and also-ran HC, who will Buffalo target as their "name" UFA for 2010? I think they'll pursue Tomlinson, but find he has other suitors.

Either way, I'm very interested to see how OBD fares selling season tickets. At least TO had a ROI.

I will not miss TO. I was excited when we signed him, but he was a disappointment. He took plays off. He had alligator arms. I believe he was disruptive behind the scenes and threw TE under the bus. I also think that he would have signed with anyone who would have paid him $1 more than anything we would have offered him.

I will miss Reed. I thought that he played hard. He had pretty good hands and made some clutch catches. He was a good complimentary receiver.

We now have a solid number 2 receiver in Evans. (Yeah, I know some of you guys are in love with him). Maybe Chan can get more out of him. I hope.