Denney, Reed, Owens are done in Buffalo

Lori

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no TO or Reed we are going to be signing some kind of a Vet reciever. I don't see us going in with just evans, hardy, parrish, and johnson. Parrish isn't good enough to start (and might even get traded away) and hardy/johnson have very limited experience.

Anyone thinking we might sign bryant? There aren't exactly a lot of options in FA. I think we need a vet reciever, but shouldn't really draft one since we already have 2 young ones we should develop more.

One thing this does say is that WR in now a "NEED" position. Sure, Hardy and Johnson can see more playing time, but we are now back to being a team without a true #2 WR. Gonna need to address that.

I guess I may be secretly hoping that the Bills may be one of the teams targeting Boldin in a trade....maybe a 3rd and another late pick?

Granted, we do need a QB to get them the Ball, but we know having just Evans as a legit threat does not go well. We need another good one.

owens was fun, but I don't thing anyone will have a problem with this

Nope. I did not like his few blatant failures to fight for balls thrown his way, with a couple being intercepted, especially with young impressionable receivers watching.

I think Kelsay and Ellis will survive to at least training camp. I loathe Kelsay but I'm assuming that the new regime will at least attempt to turn him into a competent LB before they cut him. Same thing with Ellis.

Either way, expect the Bills to focus on bringing in some LB help via the early days of free agency. Maybe even a DE (keep an eye on Dwan Edwards).

I sure wont be missing them. TO a player, but he sure didnt try enough for me.

Now, why hasnt Kelsay been cut?

Kelsey, Schobel, Stroud and Whitner all will be gone before too long.

and forget adding any expensive free agent replacements

Ralph will take advantage of the uncapped year - good thing they changed to a 3-4 making all of those underperforming, overpaid defensive guys disposable.

I think Kelsay and Ellis will survive to at least training camp. I loathe Kelsay but I'm assuming that the new regime will at least attempt to turn him into a competent LB before they cut him. Same thing with Ellis.

Either way, expect the Bills to focus on bringing in some LB help via the early days of free agency. Maybe even a DE (keep an eye on Dwan Edwards).

Ellis is a waste. I wouldn't mind Kelsay at all as a back up, but his contract is ridiculously overpaying him.

Kelsey, Schobel, Stroud and Whitner all will be gone before too long.

and forget adding any expensive free agent replacements

Ralph will take advantage of the uncapped year - good thing they changed to a 3-4 making all of those underperforming, overpaid defensive guys disposable.

I don't want expensive free agents.

Just give me good ones.