New Spin On Shanny Not Coming To Buffalo?

H2o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have very close friends, and co-workers that have either lived in Denver for years, or grown up there, their entire lives and they all say that Denver winters are not even close to as bad as Buffalo's. The temp might be about the same, the snowfall is much heavier here and the amount of sun is heavier as well.

I dont know this to be fact, but like I said, these are friends of mine and people I trust.

With all that said, Im glad we didnt get Shanny. I want a coach that wants to be here and embraces WNY, its weather and fans. Gailey seems to have done 2 of the 3 so far. Lets see how much he likes the weather during games this year.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/26/shanahan-w...to-spurn-bills/

Honestly, is it any warmer in Denver? :devil:

It isnt much warmer in DC either. The weather had nothing to do with it, he just didn't want to say that he didn't want to go to an unstable, poorly run organization with a clueless owner and front office. He used the Bills just like free agent players do, visit here to raise their price with no intent of ever coming here.

I have very close friends, and co-workers that have either lived in Denver for years, or grown up there, their entire lives and they all say that Denver winters are not even close to as bad as Buffalo's. The temp might be about the same, the snowfall is much heavier here and the amount of sun is heavier as well.

I dont know this to be fact, but like I said, these are friends of mine and people I trust.

With all that said, Im glad we didnt get Shanny. I want a coach that wants to be here and embraces WNY, its weather and fans. Gailey seems to have done 2 of the 3 so far. Lets see how much he likes the weather during games this year.

Don't kid yourself, Gailey would have went anywhere that offered him a job, it is just that we are the only organization who offered.

Don't kid yourself, Gailey would have went anywhere that offered him a job, it is just that we are the only organization who offered.

that being said, i am behind gailey, i want people who want to be in buffalo. the mere fact shanahan is qualifying his "bills offer" just tells me he is essentially full of it. who cares, let him, snyder and all the bullsh-t, play out. spurrier, marty, even joe gibbs(second go round), all sucked in D C... lets see what gailey does, certainly not my first choice, but right now, lets just see..

Yes, the weather is way better in Denver.

I lived in Colorado (Fort Collins) for 10 years and the weather was great. A little too warm for my taste in the summer but winters were really nice. Sun and snow.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Shanny is a putz and I'm glad he's not in Buffalo. I would've had a hard time rooting for him.

Shanny always struck me as a squeaky clean little sot. I lived in a suburb of Denver called Cherry Hills Village that was perfect for squeaky clean little sots and he will probably live in some superficial squeaky clean suburb in VA filled with transients like him. Buffalo is not for everybody and it certainly isn't for insecure little sots who need the superficial trappings individuals like Shanny (and it sounds like the rest of his clan) undoubtedly need in order to feel comfortable about themselves.

Enjoy your commute on the Beltway big fella!

I have no doubt that many coaches' wives bring up the weather issue when they are first told that Buffalo has come calling. Honestly, when I tell people where I'm from, the weather is usually the first thing they talk about.

Having said this however, I put NO credence in Shanahan's explanation of weather as the key factor in his decision. What clinched it in my mind was when he complimented the Bills as being a very well run organization.

makes no sense...Denver gets plenty of snow and a lot of times it comes during times of the year that even people in Buffalo are like WTF?

not really that much snow in denver, it's mostly in the mtns. it's semi-arid here, between desert & prairie climate.

300 days of sun a yr. yes, snow in sept & may but 70's sometimes in feb. might get a foot or 2 of snow, but usually melted in few days. wussy winters compared to upstate ny.

but, you can drive 1 hour for 12+ feet of snow, nice!

everyone watches too much South Park and think Denver's in the mtns buried half the year.

and the Shanny weather thing was just an excuse.

Denver get about 1/2 the average yearly snowfall that Buffalo gets. Plus over 300 days per year of sunshine. Having lived the last 5+ years in Colorado, it really is no comparison between the two.

That said (and as pointed out by others), no way weather was the reason Shanny turned this job down. Shanny wants an owner like Bowlen who throws big money around at free agents and draft picks. Snyder fits the bill... Ralph does not.

That said (and as pointed out by others), no way weather was the reason Shanny turned this job down. Shanny wants an owner like Bowlen who throws big money around at free agents and draft picks. Snyder fits the bill... Ralph does not.

The weather was the most diplomatic and safest excuse to give, but it's definitely a major factor. Buffalo, for various reasons including weather, economy, taxes, market/marketability, is on no one's top-100 list of places to move, if one has a choice. And Shanahan did, with an owner who is willing to throw around money to boot.