LaVar Arrington speaks on Whitner, Campbell trade

billsevans

draft pick donte whitner/jason campbell By lavar

what are your thoughts on a trade for a safety and draft pic for jason campbell? i think the redskins should do their best to get jason out of here. i can not stomach how these guys have treated jc over the last two years anymore. look i understand jc has not won a superbowl, or been named league mvp. i get that but why has jc been treated with such utter disregard? seems to me much of the same things are going on this offseason! what do you think?

Here is the link LaVar's Website

what are your thoughts on a trade for a safety and draft pic for jason campbell? i think the redskins should do their best to get jason out of here. i can not stomach how these guys have treated jc over the last two years anymore. look i understand jc has not won a superbowl, or been named league mvp. i get that but why has jc been treated with such utter disregard? seems to me much of the same things are going on this offseason! what do you think?

its true, campbell has been given the backhanded treatment his entire time in DC. I still think he can be a good player for somebody if he stays in the same system, any system for more than 1 yr

Campbell throws a horrible deep ball, even when he is given plenty of time in the pocket. I watched him consistently overthrow or underthrow Santana Moss, Randle El, and everyone else for that matter over the last 4 years. We don't need this guy.

Donte AND A DRAFT PICK, JUST SAY NO!

The Bills are not in a position to give up picks in this year's draft, unless they go on a massive shopping spree. I would consider the trade though, if it were straight up Whitner for Campbell.

its true, campbell has been given the backhanded treatment his entire time in DC. I still think he can be a good player for somebody if he stays in the same system, any system for more than 1 yr

His first couple years he was given the keys to the castle. He was treated quite well.

Once people realized he wasn't that good the treatment became worse.

People realize he was the problem, not the solution.

He could be in the same system for 3 years it would make a difference.

This guy is slow to understand.

His first couple years he was given the keys to the castle. He was treated quite well.

Once people realized he wasn't that good the treatment became worse.

People realize he was the problem, not the solution.

He could be in the same system for 3 years it would make a difference.

This guy is slow to understand.

nobody has seen him in the same system 3 yrs in a row, and how do you know he's slow to understand, all those playbooks he's had to learn couldn't have been easy.

I would rather see what Brohm can do over Campbell...I have seen him play a lot (one of my friends who I watch the games with every week is a big Skins fan) and I can honestly say I have not seen enough from him to think he can be much better than he has been.

Campbell could be a good stop gap, but by no way do I have any confidence he could develop into a franchise QB...

The whole trade hinges on what the draft pick is. Donte Whitner is an expendable resource and an expensive one at that. Jason Campbell is an instant upgrade at QB. I'd be willing to package a fourth and Whitner for him but no higher.

Campbell has increased his QB rating the last three seasons. He threw for 20 TDs and had a 86.4 rating last year. At 28 years old, the guy still has some upside and would save us from the urge to draft a QB high this year. IMO, he is a solid short term starting canidate.

The best QB on the Bills roster? Are you drunk. Campbell will join the other three in the battle for whose. I'm not a guy voting on drafting someone either. But the three we have are better then any FA or anyone needed to be traded. McNabb is the only guy that would help, but even then I'm smacking my head against the wall. Gailey needs to tear it down and build from the ground up. For 10 years, Bills coaches were trying to continue building a leaning out house. At times it looked pretty, but then the smell came back quickly. I think the best bet is to look at Brohm or Edwards. See what Gailey can do with them.

I really don't know where you are getting that from.

Living in DC, I get the Redskins games every weekend. When I was done watching another Bills debacle, I would switch to the Redskins if they were playing late.

Campbell is another Edwards.

nobody has seen him in the same system 3 yrs in a row, and how do you know he's slow to understand, all those playbooks he's had to learn couldn't have been easy.

Todd Collins has no problem picking up the system.

He doesn't have the physical attributes that Campbell has and he wasn't a first round pick but he clearly is the better QB.

When others are picking up the system faster than Campbell, I consider him slow.

Redskins fans are fed up with him...they stopped making excuses for him years ago.

JC actually regressed this year. Another excuse is his OL sucked and it did for this year. But he has played under various lines in different years and he has sucked in all of them.

I have watched all Bills and Redskins games for years they are my two teams I follow. (Bills will always be the favorite)

He may not have the physical tools but I would take Fitz over Campbell any day of the week...and Fitz is a bum.

The Losman fans like to blame coaching as the entire reason he failed. However, you will be hard pressed to find a QB that was developed worst the Jason Campbell. Consistent switching OCs and coaches; crappy receivers; crappy oline. Yet, the guy has improved every season of his career.

Whitner would be a good player for the Skins and good value for a QB they are looking to replace who is a RFA. I still think Campbell has some upside and feel better about trading Whitner (if the trade is straight up) for him than drafting a QB at #9. This trade makes sense but I see the Skins getting greedy.

Looks good to me.

Seriously bro, we could put together a highlight reel of almost any QB that's been a starter in this league. We could put together a highlight reel that would make JP look like more than he was. I live in VA and am subjected to EVERY Washington Redskins EVERY year. I've watched Campbell overthrow and underthrow WR's alot. Your WR has 3 or 4 steps on the man trying to guard him and you overthrow him by 5-7 yards, or you underthrow the ball 5 yards giving the defender a chance to catch up, or he's running free down the middle of the field and you thro the ball 4 yards behind his back shoulder? It happened and it happened alot more than you seem to know. Like I said, we don't need this guy. Campbell did play fairly well last year all things considered, but is he a top flight QB in this league? No, an average starter at best. Better than what we have? Maybe, but I would in no way give up anything in a trade for the guy.